Pic of the Day

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
I vaguely understand that to be a fantasy video game. But yeah, AZ sunsets are always red, and you can tune the red however you want.

IMG_0406 (1).jpeg

IMG_0406.jpeg

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
That's awesome. Filters are easy, spend half an hour messing with some while watching TV and it will make sense. That may or may not be improved with tuning, you never know until you do it.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
That's awesome. Filters are easy, spend half an hour messing with some while watching TV and it will make sense. That may or may not be improved with tuning, you never know until you do it.
I should say that pic was figuratively in my backyard. My house is 300M to the right…or 2 minutes away. Before the snowstorm also.

I take weird pictures like this;
3A921D64-8C40-41A2-A349-6B9220176335.jpeg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
The 14 Pro cameras are pretty stunning. I've been into photography as a hobby all my life, and once part time pro. You can do so much with this phone, and SLRs are kind of an afterthought for me.

I agree. It's been a LOT of years since I've even owned a REAL camera. I had my 14 Pro a couple days before they were scheduled to be released, and I can assure you, it's the best camera I've ever owned.

There is a HUGE limitation, however, and it really chaps my hide. The camera automatically saves in HDR, and you can't turn it off. WTF is that? I'm a photographer, not some millennial instagram jockey trying to cram every effect into a single photograph. All I need is an option in Setup that allows me to turn off HDR.

My workaround was to download another camera app. I've found Halide to be satisfactory, but its integration with the rest of the operating system is not as good.

Anyway, despite its faults, it's far ahead of whatever is in second place.

SwampNut

Oct 26, 2022
Peoria, AZ USA
Huh, I didn't realize they had removed the ability to disable HDR. In the last few versions it's been so good I haven't wanted to disable it. I don't even see whether it's also saving the original also as it used to allow. I assume in ProRaw/ProRes it doesn't do HDR? Do you know? But those files are B--I--G.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I'm certain that the 14 Pro does not save the original as a duplicate. HDR can be turned off in some of the video modes. I'm not certain about Raw images... I suspect not, because that's the sort of thing I would remember.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles