Pic of the Day

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire
Saw a Bear up here yesterday about 100' away.

v97wqPz.jpg
Stunning picture

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Saw a Bear up here yesterday about 100' away.
I was out with my mate and he was just ahead of me. When we got to the end of the descent, he said "Did you see that fox with a hedgehog in its mouth!" Errr, that would be no, because your bloody great heavy bike scared it off!

Hedgehogs are becoming rare in the UK. I reckon that sighting scores more points than your Bear! :unsure::)

PS: Great PIc! :)

billwarwick

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 1, 2018
warwick
I was out with my mate and he was just ahead of me. When we got to the end of the descent, he said "Did you see that fox with a hedgehog in its mouth!" Errr, that would be no, because your bloody great heavy bike scared it off!

Hedgehogs are becoming rare in the UK. I reckon that sighting scores more points than your Bear! :unsure::)

PS: Great PIc! :)
yes, but do hedgehogs shit in the woods? One takes a dump in my garden most nights though.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Looks a bit boggy ..watch you don't fall into one of those peat hags ..you won't be able to swim out of those

A few years ago we were asked to recover the body of a walker who had gone missing from Ambleside 8 months before.

A farmer was riding his quad bike across the boggy bottom of the little upland valley to check his fence and spotted a walking boot sticking out of a boggy pool next to the fence.

When we pulled him out he was wearing his rucksack and was still holding a Wainwright guidebook.

He had obviously been climbing over the fence, lost his balance and had fallen head-first into the pool and drowned.

Not the usual type of bog body you hear about.

The moral of the story is take bogs seriously, especially if you are out by yourself.

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
A few years ago we were asked to recover the body of a walker who had gone missing from Ambleside 8 months before.

A farmer was riding his quad bike across the boggy bottom of the little upland valley to check his fence and spotted a walking boot sticking out of a boggy pool next to the fence.

When we pulled him out he was wearing his rucksack and was still holding a Wainwright guidebook.

He had obviously been climbing over the fence, lost his balance and had fallen head-first into the pool and drowned.

The moral of the story is take bogs seriously, especially if you are out by yourself.
Good job you found him, as he may have been found in another 1000 years and it would have been another Lindow man ?

Slymobi

E*POWAH Master
Mar 13, 2021
UK, Derbyshire

Jeeeeeeeeez !!!

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I love these pics etoni, brings back great memories of a couple of road trips out of Avoriaz in the heart of the Portes de Soleil in France I did many years ago.
We managed to reach the drop in on the Swiss National DH after about 5 or 6 lifts and rode all the way into Champery Switzerland then the huge near virtual lift out of Champery to ride the trails back to Morzine.
best days trail riding I’ve ever done.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles