Pic of the Day

RichT

Wow that ride really took it out on your bike. 😂
The things you find in the desert. Last time it was a 1939 Worlds Fair license plate. Also found this chunk of un-fired belt-fed 7.62 blanks on the trail yesterday

92DDC590-DA81-497F-9D99-4373DC8C3F3E.jpeg

Last edited:

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Death Valley Daze

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours (Albert Hammond)

Winter storms brought an unusual amount of rain and snow to southern California this year, and mrs levity and I longed for dry conditions and warm sunshine. We watched the weather in Death Valley Natl Park, and last week finally provided a promising window between the series of atmospheric rivers. We just wanted to cruise around and took our Levo SL ebikes set up for road riding, piled into the Sprinter van, and headed to Furnace Creek Campground.

There were sunny days with temps in the 80s and cloudy days with highs just reaching the 60s. Good weather considering what was hitting coast. We were able to get in three good ride days and a hike when the wind was blowing in change.

Pics: mrs levity heading up from the valley salt flats below (-200 ft) and snow-capped Telescope Peak (11,000 ft) in the Panamint mountains in the background. The Sierra Nevada mountains (14000 ft) block storms from the west from reaching the Panamints (hence little snow), and the Panamints further block them from reaching the valley.
Jill Climbing.jpg

"this next section looks fast and fun!"
Curves ahead.jpg

yours truly enjoying smooth dirt and scenic views
20 Mule Team.jpg

a dry waterfall scramble hiking up Gower Gulch
Gower Gulch Narrows.jpg

a view over the badlands before hiking down Golden Canyon
Golden Cyn Badlands hike.jpg

RichT

You must be able to use them for something, or will they be too unstable / likely to get you arrested?
I have a rifle that shoots them but not belt fed of course. But perfectly legal and blanks are cool. Since these are military grade (this is near a live fire training/bombing range) they will probably cycle - I’ll find out in a few weeks. Not the first munitions I’ve found out here.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Death Valley Daze

Seems it never rains in southern California
Seems I've often heard that kind of talk before
It never rains in California
But girl, don't they warn ya?
It pours, man, it pours (Albert Hammond)

Winter storms brought an unusual amount of rain and snow to southern California this year, and mrs levity and I longed for dry conditions and warm sunshine. We watched the weather in Death Valley Natl Park, and last week finally provided a promising window between the series of atmospheric rivers. We just wanted to cruise around and took our Levo SL ebikes set up for road riding, piled into the Sprinter van, and headed to Furnace Creek Campground.

There were sunny days with temps in the 80s and cloudy days with highs just reaching the 60s. Good weather considering what was hitting coast. We were able to get in three good ride days and a hike when the wind was blowing in change.

Pics: mrs levity heading up from the valley salt flats below (-200 ft) and snow-capped Telescope Peak (11,000 ft) in the Panamint mountains in the background. The Sierra Nevada mountains (14000 ft) block storms from the west from reaching the Panamints (hence little snow), and the Panamints further block them from reaching the valley.
View attachment 109912

"this next section looks fast and fun!"
View attachment 109913

yours truly enjoying smooth dirt and scenic views
View attachment 109914

a dry waterfall scramble hiking up Gower Gulch
View attachment 109915

a view over the badlands before hiking down Golden Canyon
View attachment 109916
Man I wish our wet weather was as wet as yours ;)

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Cooks Cairn today up by The Cabrach. Went round by Blackwater Lodge, Glenfiddoch Lodge derelict shooting lodges and past all the long deserted crofts ( WW1 ) Up through the Dornell windfarm . Intending to do Corriehabbie as well but motor squealing like a pig so changed the route. Is it bye bye motor number three. Nice dinner stop had NE had Scotlands answer to the Croissant the Rowie or Buttery followed by a Eccles cake or Flea cemetery as we call them and a flask of tea. Great day but bit concerned if it's another motor on the way out.

20230324_091120.jpg 20230324_092922.jpg 20230324_093633.jpg 20230324_094743.jpg 20230324_105540.jpg 20230324_110116.jpg 20230324_110552.jpg 20230324_110820.jpg 20230324_113512.jpg 20230324_115440.jpg 20230324_115454.jpg 20230324_121547.jpg

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
I once again experienced rather significant hand numbness today after about 10 miles to the point where I couldn’t feel controls. Turned around but the ten miles back wasn’t much fun. Is this why you got these bars? If so I’d love to hear some real world experiemces rather than rely on testimonials on their website.
Rich T. I bought them for the increase in the rise as at 6’ 2” I seemed to be too low with the original bars, & over reaching so was getting a bit of lower back pain. Not back out till tomorrow due to other commitments this week so will see if it’s better.

RichT

Rich T. I bought them for the increase in the rise as at 6’ 2” I seemed to be too low with the original bars, & over reaching so was getting a bit of lower back pain. Not back out till tomorrow due to other commitments this week so will see if it’s better.
How mich rise did you choose? Im thinking 50-75mm for the same reason. Your’s looks like 50mm from the pic. I’m 6’5” and spend a lot of time either looking at the ground or straining my neck.

Last edited:

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Man I wish our wet weather was as wet as yours ;)
🤣 For sure, we’re wimps here in SoCal when it comes to wet weather.
A bit of fog on the coast and we whine and hibernate.

That said, it’s been a wet winter. Los Angeles has received ~30” rain in our four month rainy season Dec-March (compare that to London’s average of 23” over 12 months). Some foothill location trails have received over 50” causing a mess.

We usually head to Mammoth Mtn bike park in summer, but they’ve had >66 ft of snow so far. The ski area plans to remain open well into July, maybe longer. We’ve snowboarded there in early August in the past and may have to again this year. Certainly not going back to DVNP in summer! We leave that to European tourists. 🥵

TrailBoB

Apr 27, 2020
Scotland
How mich rise did you choose? Im thinking 50-75mm for the same reason. Your’s looks like 50mm from the pic. I’m 6’5” and spend a lot of time either looking at the ground or straining my neck.
Rich T
Yes they are 50 rise. I thought if it was too much I could alway drop a spacer out to get ideal balance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles