Pic of the Day

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I’m sure staying in Bothy’s is great fun, but down south we have these buildings called hotels which come with heating, running water, bathrooms, breakfast, fresh clean sheets, mattresses, beds and even electricity. You have to pay a small fee, but trust me, it’s worth the upgrade 😆
That was a posh one last night it had a composite toilet. Must admit i dont enjoy digging a hole and squatting in the rain with midges biting at my rear end.

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Aurora free zone round here tonight ;/

ntyRwSbo.jpg

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Aurora free zone round here tonight ;/

View attachment 108012

Well done for making the effort at least. We’ve got thin cloud cover here in North Yorkshire. I did stand outside for a while and stare at the sky in a northerly direction, and saw a slight green ish ‘movement’ for about half a second. It was hardly a life changing experience 😆

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Well done for making the effort at least. We’ve got thin cloud cover here in North Yorkshire. I did stand outside for a while and stare at the sky in a northerly direction, and saw a slight green ish ‘movement’ for about half a second. It was hardly a life changing experience 😆
That was me waving to you after drowning my sorrows ...🤢

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
That was me waving to you after drowning my sorrows ...🤢
There was some 5 miles from me at Cullen but I have chased it before and seen nothing. I'm afraid I screwed up big style the night before with my location considering I was actually going for stargazing. It was unbelievable at my home town in Buckie . Probably said it before no fool like an old fool.

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
Bumped into a bunch of people in the car park staring at the sky.

- You guys looking for the aurora?

- No, we're cloud spotters.

- Well, this is your lucky night then eh?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's not looking too promising here but IF the skies clear I am 100% heading out tonight to try and see the northern lights. Bit of a once in a generation thing for a southerner.
I guess if you take into account the historical north south divide and the increases in electricity costs it was only inevitable that the point would come that the northerners wouldn't be able to afford to have lighting anymore.

Still, it's nice that they have a special occasion once in a while when they turn a few lights on so the Southerners can see that they're still there.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
I guess if you take into account the historical north south divide and the increases in electricity costs it was only inevitable that the point would come that the northerners wouldn't be able to afford to have lighting anymore.

Still, it's nice that they have a special occasion once in a while when they turn a few lights on so the Southerners can see that they're still there.
We'd rather they didn't know we were here ..especially in summer 😉😁

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK

I find Strava chats awks to manage but the schtick about that last night is the only variable is a new phone which in theory is better than the last one(!)

It's irritating as the final downhill at the end of that route is hotly contested between me & the boys. In daylight, it's full of dog walkers & people out for a walk, so you can't really boot it but at night it's deserted. I gave it the full hot lap treatment only to find Strava had clocked off 40 minutes earlier 😂

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I find Strava chats awks to manage but the schtick about that last night is the only variable is a new phone which in theory is better than the last one(!)

It's irritating as the final downhill at the end of that route is hotly contested between me & the boys. In daylight, it's full of dog walkers & people out for a walk, so you can't really boot it but at night it's deserted. I gave it the full hot lap treatment only to find Strava had clocked off 40 minutes earlier 😂
Do you need to change it to allow access to GPS "always", and make sure there are no power save options for that app ?

RustyMTB

Jul 22, 2020
UK
It's got open gps access. We're out again tonight if it doesn't rain, so we'll see whether it's consistent or not. At least if it is, one of the lads can tag me in for the kayemz.

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Ballyholme, Bangor N Ireland earlier.

Perfect riding conditions made for a perfect 20 mile loop which of course included mandatory coffee and rather large sticky bun.

Was cold, sunny, bit windy and a bit muddy in places but above all a grand day out.

View attachment 108045
Need pic of Sticky bun . We call them Fancy pieces in my place. Not that I'm obsessed with eating

20230122_131416.jpg 20230123_133216.jpg

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Although I've ridden the trail centre there it's not one I'm familiar with ..looks good though .
I have had in mind organising a bothy trip in the Kielder Forest area ..believe it or not we have 4 excellent bothy within 20 miles of each other ..I've just to sort out the logistics of re-charging batteries overnight for anyone who might be interested ..still keen to do this ..but its on the back burner ..
I purchase the Eco Flow power station to charge while camping. It works great. Solar panels on the roof of my 4Runner. There are a few other brands as well.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
First ride they did was Heartbreak Ridge Ballater , Wowser .
I was left disappointed with Heartbreak Ridge ..the year before I rode it my mates had gone up and ridden it in perfect bone dry conditions and came back absolutely raving about it ..same mates a year later with me in tow ( spent a full week up there ) and it absolutely pissed down ..but I've vowed to go back when it's dry ( can you keep me in touch which day that's going to be please) ...

philmedomsley

Apr 28, 2020
Durham
I was left disappointed with Heartbreak Ridge ..the year before I rode it my mates had gone up and ridden it in perfect bone dry conditions and came back absolutely raving about it ..same mates a year later with me in tow ( spent a full week up there ) and it absolutely pissed down ..but I've vowed to go back when it's dry ( can you keep me in touch which day that's going to be please) ...
Let me know when you’re going. I will do it the day before or after.😉

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Wouldn't fancy the downhill in the wet. Saying that it seemed a very grippy stone in the dry ? . Regards the dry days they usually fall on the first Sunday that lands in the middle of the week just after the Blue Moon

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
As promised here is my new bike :D
First ride today and it was incredible, felt more lively than the yt decoy, fits me perfectly and feels like I've slipped on an old pair of leather gloves on in that it is so easy and comfy.

All I have to do now is bed in the brakes, bleed the rear brake and tune the suspension

View attachment 108159 View attachment 108160
Nice set wheels………looks the biz 👌

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles