20200407_132357.jpg
Officially out of quarantine #Austria

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Besides, I do that at work. Might as well paid for it.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Near Barkston, just north of Grantham, east of the East Coast main railway line and on the south bank of the river Witham. Mid way between the Frinkley and Mickling plantations.
Grid ref 916429

Thanks Steve, I'll look it up, might be worth a long trek out, I'm near Bingham along the A52/46

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks Steve, I'll look it up, might be worth a long trek out, I'm near Bingham along the A52/46
No it's not worth a long trek out, there are better trails to ride that are closer for you.
This one for example:
Belvoir Loop - Mountain Bike Rides

You can move the map with your cursor to see the whole trail.

It starts at Stathern which as its only 4 miles from you, you may already know about the Belvoir Loop (linked above).

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
No it's not worth a long trek out, there are better trails to ride that are closer for you.
This one for example:
Belvoir Loop - Mountain Bike Rides

You can move the map with your cursor to see the whole trail.

It starts at Stathern which as its only 4 miles from you, you may already know about the Belvoir Loop (linked above).

Thanks again Steve, I'll have a look, I've been riding the bridleways/tracks/old A46 to Newark and back at the moment. Could do with a change :)

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Thanks again Steve, I'll have a look, I've been riding the bridleways/tracks/old A46 to Newark and back at the moment. Could do with a change :)

Print off the map and take it with you, you will need it.
The start of the trail in Stathern is behind the Red Lion pub. It's called "Tofts Hill" but it really ought to be called "Effin Steep Hill" you will be really glad of that motor!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Ahh, pass that way regularly.
(But at 120 mph on't way tu't smoke :rolleyes:)
That section of the rail line is where they used to attempt the speed records (no bends). A number of years ago, I watched the Flying Scotsman (old style steam engine) recreate its record breaking run there.
No records broken that day unless it was for the number of anorak-wearing passengers and the number of spectators lining the track (well, not actually the track, but very close by). :)

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Print off the map and take it with you, you will need it.
The start of the trail in Stathern is behind the Red Lion pub. It's called "Tofts Hill" but it really ought to be called "Effin Steep Hill" you will be really glad of that motor!

Thanks Steve, Just had a look on Google maps, 10.7 miles to the Red Lion from my village, might start heading that way.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles