Pic of the Day

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I am still shopping for my eMTB... in the meantime, does this count?
Adjustments.jpg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
^ Those broken branches poking out of the tree trunks look like jungle booby-traps in some Rambo movie! Hope that's the only one you have to make sure you don't crash into. Yikes ?
I carry a folding saw in my backpack. On my regular riding area, if I see anything like that and it is where I could imagine myself hitting it, I cut it off.

I was out with two buddies two weeks ago and one introduced two of us to a new trail he had found. It was absolutely ace. He warned us about a low branch that was at below head height and obscured by foliage. He wasn't kidding I only just made it underneath and the guy behind me was knocked off his bike. So I cut if off. It was about 4.5" diameter, long and heavy. The trail is much safer now.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
leaving booby traps keeps out the riff raff haha.
They do that around you too ???
Zimmer Bra.jpg

I'll see your ONE booby-trap :rolleyes: ... and err uhm... raise you...
♥♠♦♣
a MILLION booby-traps!!! :love:

Bra Fence.jpg

We were headed to Queenstown, NZ during our MTB South Island holiday last April 2019. We were driving through the Cadrona Valley when we came across this barbed-wire fence!

There's a few trails here which have booby traps randomly hanging - I've still not worked out why ..

I actually worked out one possible explanation as to why something like this could happen. Here's the short version (pre-Covid):
• Back packer German tourist decides to walk from Wanaka to Queenstown. Trust me, most of the ones that walk seem to be German. Got a bit hot so decided to have a change of clothes by the roadside. Took her bra off, hung it on a fence to repack her bag... but then forgot all about it, when she headed off in a hurry.
• A day later, a bus load of Japanese lady tourists pulls over for a cafe stop, right next to the said fence. Trust me, the bus load tours are almost always from Asia. They see the bra, and think that it's a New Zealand tradition... so they all do it (cross cultural mix-up). Time goes by and several bus-loads later... ta da... the mother of all booby-traps! :giggle:

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
View attachment 33683

♥♠♦♣

View attachment 33681
We were headed to Queenstown, NZ during our MTB South Island holiday last April 2019. We were driving through the Cadrona Valley when we came across this barbed-wire fence!

I actually worked out one possible explanation as to why something like this could happen. Here's the short version (pre-Covid):
• Back packer German tourist decides to walk from Wanaka to Queenstown. Trust me, most of the ones that walk seem to be German. Got a bit hot so decided to have a change of clothes by the roadside. Took her bra off, hung it on a fence to repack her bag... but then forgot all about it, when she headed off in a hurry.
• A day later, a bus load of Japanese lady tourists pulls over for a cafe stop, right next to the said fence. Trust me, the bus load tours are almost always from Asia. They see the bra, and think that it's a New Zealand tradition... so they all do it (cross cultural mix-up). Time goes by and several bus-loads later... ta da... the mother of all booby-traps! :giggle:
I’m hanging a pair of the mrs undies on the front tomorrow ?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I’m hanging a pair of the mrs undies on the front tomorrow ?
I don't know if it's necessarily gonna work over there.

There's something about New Zealand... and barbed-wire fences... and No.8 wire.
Drives tourists crazy and works like a magnet.

Here's another one we came across few days later. Can't remember exactly where... some obscure back country road near Ophir, Central Otago. Same story I guess... some tourist bought a cheap bike that inevitably broke down. Couldn't be bothered to push it and get it fixed so just left it leaning on the fence and continued his NZ adventure on foot. Then other camper van tourists drove past and saw the bike and thought it was a NZ tradition (cross cultural mix-up)... you know how the story goes... :unsure::rolleyes:?

Bike Fence 2.jpg

Last edited:

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
View attachment 33683

♥♠♦♣

View attachment 33681

There's a couple of big suckers in there, would've loved to have seen the owners ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles