Pedal strike, then noisy motor!

Millsy

Jan 20, 2021
brisbane
I'm looking to purchase the nylon gear in the syncdrive pro motor. The gear has 2 slightly damaged teeth caused by a pedal strike with a rock (motor had a knocking noise straight after strike). Giant in brisbane tells me the motor is not servicable and can sell me a new motor for $2200!!! Anyone had this problem and did you find a replacement gear?

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
I'm looking to purchase the nylon gear in the syncdrive pro motor. The gear has 2 slightly damaged teeth caused by a pedal strike with a rock (motor had a knocking noise straight after strike). Giant in brisbane tells me the motor is not servicable and can sell me a new motor for $2200!!! Anyone had this problem and did you find a replacement gear?
Got some in stock (y) drop me an email through www.performancelinebearings.com and we will arrange getting one to you.

Labrador29

Jun 24, 2019
Marlborough New Zealand
I too have a Giant with a Yamaha motor (2019 Giant Trance E +1 Pro - 8000km). I have had a reasonable run with my Giant, but the back-up service from Giant in New Zealand is lousy. I sympathise with you re Giant response to your problem. I must have been lucky because I have had many pedal strikes, normally sides of clay tracks. I am having difficulty purchasing a new Giant Trance and have been talked in to buying a 2022 Specialized Levo Turbo Comp when they hit the market shortly. Would appreciate comment from MTB'ers more knowledgeable than myself.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles