Noisy Motor? Giant Trance E+ Pro 1 2021

Phil F

Jul 1, 2021
HIGH PEAK, UK
Hi everybody

I bought a Giant Trance E+ Pro1 2021 last July and have love every minute of it so far. It was my first emtb and I was aware that some motors were noisier than others but wasn't really able to compare my Trance with other bikes. Anyway, my partner has just bought a Trance E+ Pro 2 2021 and it is sooooooo quiet compared to my Pro 1 and I'm wondering why this is the case and if I need to contact Giant about this. Both bikes use the same motor, so there shouldn't really be any difference between them. Mine has always been this noisy but I didn't have anything to compare it to until today.

What do we reckon?

Thanks

Rubinstein

Apr 7, 2022
kent
I have the 2021 trance e pro3, always been very quiet. I was so impressed with the bike I bought the 2022 trance advanced 0, the motor was so noisy I returned to giant for test. They agreed it was not normal and faulty, so replaced it. When I picked it up it was exactly the same, after the shop pulled out 3 different bikes to test we found they all made the same noise. It has been decided it’s a feature of the 2022 motor and not a problem with it. Giant offered me a return for refund on the bike which I accepted. Excellent customer service in my opinion. The moral of the story is, if it’s something that bothers you go and have a chat with your dealer. Take both bikes for comparison to show your issues. I think the motors have 2yr warranty so if it was me I’d want to sort it before the warranty is up

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
2022 Trance is the PWX3 85nm, 2021 trance is PWX2 80nm. 2022 Trance Adanced is a carbon frame. Trance Pro is ally.

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
Hi everybody

I bought a Giant Trance E+ Pro1 2021 last July and have love every minute of it so far. It was my first emtb and I was aware that some motors were noisier than others but wasn't really able to compare my Trance with other bikes. Anyway, my partner has just bought a Trance E+ Pro 2 2021 and it is sooooooo quiet compared to my Pro 1 and I'm wondering why this is the case and if I need to contact Giant about this. Both bikes use the same motor, so there shouldn't really be any difference between them. Mine has always been this noisy but I didn't have anything to compare it to until today.

What do we reckon?

Thanks
I've currently got two 2021 Trance X e+ Pros under my supervision, and previously had a 2019 Trance e+ Pro.

I realize the 2019 had the PW-X motor, so its not apples and apples, but the three motors all sound very different🤔

The 19 scored in-between the pair of 21's for shear volume.

The two pwx-2 motors, sound different. X number 1 is pretty noisy, and has been since we unboxed it. It has a subtle tick, that sounds like pinion noise, and also whines noticably when the motor is going full song. X number 2, runs like a sewing machine in comparison, and has impressively nothing to say.

Phil F

Jul 1, 2021
HIGH PEAK, UK
I contacted Giant and they said;

"I have asked about this for you and have been advised that in regards to the first service this would not be covered now as the bike is 10 months old now. Due to the bike being 10 months old it would have some ware so there may be a noise difference, but as long as it is working fine there is no issues with your bike."

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading
I had the complete electric system replaced under warranty on my 2021 Trance E+1. The new motor is much quieter.

If yours isn’t broken don’t worry.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles