TRANCE X E+ PRO 29 1

cabman3258

Jan 22, 2022
My brand new Trance X E+ Pro 29 1 frame has cracked where it holds the motor in place, I noticed the crank arm was hitting the rear triangle. Took it back to where I bought it and there doing a warranty claim haven't heard back yet, I'm hoping they do a replacement on the whole bike not just the frame. The bike is less than 30 days old. Has anyone had any thing like this happen and do you know about Giants customer service. I'm a newbie here my first time posting anything.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
That sucks, sorry to hear!
Wouldn't surprise me if they only replaced the frame.
My Stance had an issue with sudden off that they couldn't fix. I got a replacement bike including battery, but they put my existing wheels, bar/grips, seat, and pedals on the new one. I was totally OK with that, and the bike has been flawless for 1200kms since.

cabman3258

Jan 22, 2022
My Stance had an issue with sudden off that they couldn't fix. I got a replacement bike including battery, but they put my existing wheels, bar/grips, seat, and pedals on the new one. I was totally OK with that, and the bike has been flawless for 1200kms since.
Thanks for the reply did the frame replacement include the rear triangle too because mine has a big gouge from the crank peddle hitting it. New battery and motor? Best case scenario they send a whole new bike being so new the store manager said it's possible. Seems like alot of work for them re routing all the cables and everything else, keep my fingers crossed.

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Thanks for the reply did the frame replacement include the rear triangle too because mine has a big gouge from the crank peddle hitting it. New battery and motor? Best case scenario they send a whole new bike being so new the store manager said it's possible. Seems like alot of work for them re routing all the cables and everything else, keep my fingers crossed.
Yup. My new bike included the frame and rear triangle, motor, battery, and front/rear shocks.

Saucotheshire

Mar 7, 2022
Scotland
@cabman3258 do you have any pics of where the crack was? My trance had a wobble on the chainring which was diagnosed as a loose motor mount bolt but when I rode it at the weekend the wobble was back and the crank started hitting the chainstay when climbing anything steep leaving it pretty mangled

cabman3258

Jan 22, 2022
@cabman3258 do you have any pics of where the crack was? My trance had a wobble on the chainring which was diagnosed as a loose motor mount bolt but when I rode it at the weekend the wobble was back and the crank started hitting the chainstay when climbing anything steep leaving it pretty mangled
No pictures I never even saw it myself but the guys at Fullerton bikes said the tabs that hold the motor in place were all broken. Giant has since sent me a whole new bike not just a frame replacement something they have only seen one time before. So I'm a happy camper and
quite sure that was an isolated incident.

Saucotheshire

Mar 7, 2022
Scotland
No pictures I never even saw it myself but the guys at Fullerton bikes said the tabs that hold the motor in place were all broken. Giant has since sent me a whole new bike not just a frame replacement something they have only seen one time before. So I'm a happy camper and
quite sure that was an isolated incident.
Nice, can’t fault giant on their aftercare

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles