Order woes

F0nz0

Oct 11, 2021
Usa
Anyone else order delayed? I placed pre order the day they released the pre orders and got myself a core 3 with a ship date of Oct 31 “latest”.. I received the “pay now” email for a ship date of nov 2nd..

Your pre-ordered Decoy MX CORE 3 Ice Green XL is on track and has an estimated ship date of November 2, 2021.

In order to ship your bike on time, please pay the remaining balance of 6949 USD right now.”

I waited all day today for shipping confirmation.. as the end of the day approached I called YT and asked what was going on with my order..the guy took a while to get me an answer and finally came back with “you’re at the top of the list, your bike should ship by Jan 31st 2022…”

I’m probably canceling my order tomorrow when they are back open.. such crap.. and I still haven’t received any courtesy email about the shipping delay…

kotto25

Oct 27, 2021
New Jersey
That really sucks. I just paid my balance yesterday for a L Core 2 that is currently scheduled to ship on Nov 24th. I called them before I paid the balance to check how realistic the Nov 24th date was and was told that because I got the "pay now" email means the bike is either at the port or at least on a ship somewhere. Now i'm not so sure i believe that. I'll definitely be canceling if it gets pushed back to January.

F0nz0

Oct 11, 2021
Usa
That really sucks. I just paid my balance yesterday for a L Core 2 that is currently scheduled to ship on Nov 24th. I called them before I paid the balance to check how realistic the Nov 24th date was and was told that because I got the "pay now" email means the bike is either at the port or at least on a ship somewhere. Now i'm not so sure i believe that. I'll definitely be canceling if it gets pushed back to January.

Yeah I’d check in with them, I’m skeptical anyone else who has a scheduled ship date for this year will actually get their this year..and still no email today from them about the delay…

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
This kinda smells like a company that is running short on cash. Hope I'm wrong, but that would be my first impression.

F0nz0

Oct 11, 2021
Usa
This kinda smells like a company that is running short on cash. Hope I'm wrong, but that would be my first impression.
I sort of feel the same, I received the reminder to pay off the bike on 10/16 and in the email it said my bike would be ready to ship by nov2nd if I paid my remaining balance..I did, and then got no communication from them acknowledging that my bike was paid off and it would confirm shipping by the date they specified.. looking at their current website it seems most available bikes will either “ship” by March or April 2022.. at this point I’m going to cancel, maybe place another other so im only on the hook for the 10% and gives me the opportunity to keep eyes peeled and bank account ready for any other ebike I might be interested in..

kotto25

Oct 27, 2021
New Jersey
I sort of feel the same, I received the reminder to pay off the bike on 10/16 and in the email it said my bike would be ready to ship by nov2nd if I paid my remaining balance..I did, and then got no communication from them acknowledging that my bike was paid off and it would confirm shipping by the date they specified.. looking at their current website it seems most available bikes will either “ship” by March or April 2022.. at this point I’m going to cancel, maybe place another other so im only on the hook for the 10% and gives me the opportunity to keep eyes peeled and bank account ready for any other ebike I might be interested in..

When was your original expected ship date? I just checked and mine was not supposed to ship until Jan 31st. Pre-ordered in June. So why would they ask for the pay off now if the bikes aren't available. And I did get an email right away acknowledging that it was payed off.
Still hopeful I'll have the bike in about a month.

F0nz0

Oct 11, 2021
Usa
When was your original expected ship date? I just checked and mine was not supposed to ship until Jan 31st. Pre-ordered in June. So why would they ask for the pay off now if the bikes aren't available. And I did get an email right away acknowledging that it was payed off.
Still hopeful I'll have the bike in about a month.
My original ship date was Oct 31st per the order confirmation, my pay off notice then said ship date Nov2nd my order was placed on 5/27 , now I’m getting more upset.. they probably gave my bike to one of their sponsored athletes.. or influencers

F0nz0

Oct 11, 2021
Usa
Called them again today, was told this time “production delays” and I wouldn’t see my bike until jan 2022 “possibly”, offered to cover the $100 shipping cost.. i canceled my order.

CRFan1

Dec 2, 2020
NW Indiana
Hmmmm...I ordered an MX Core 2 about 3 weeks ago and it says January Shipping Latest. I also paid in full and received emails that it was etc. So far no issues but this makes me nervous....

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Called them again today, was told this time “production delays” and I wouldn’t see my bike until jan 2022 “possibly”, offered to cover the $100 shipping cost.. i canceled my order.
Good move
Once they have your money they have you over a barrel and if they report theres going to be further delays, theres nothing you can do but suck it up.
Jan 2022 becomes March, then they report further delay and it scheduled for June. You are at their mercy.
A deposit is fine, standard practice, but if they dont have it then they shouldn't get the full payment.

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
Good move
Once they have your money they have you over a barrel and if they report theres going to be further delays, theres nothing you can do but suck it up.
Jan 2022 becomes March, then they report further delay and it scheduled for June. You are at their mercy.
A deposit is fine, standard practice, but if they dont have it then they shouldn't get the full payment.
Over exaggeration, you can always get you money back if the bike has not been shipped yet. Especially if they report delays.

F0nz0

Oct 11, 2021
Usa
Here’s the thing, they wouldn’t refund the remaining balance so I can keep the pre order, they had to cancel the whole thing.. and in essence “get in the back of the line” pretty shitty situation , and poor communication by YT

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Over exaggeration, you can always get you money back if the bike has not been shipped yet. Especially if they report delays.

You'd think so, but when companies start to struggle financially or want to puff up their financial reports, they don't always behave the most ethical way. Realize that YT was acquired by a private equity firm a couple months ago. I'd say there are enough "yellow flags" here to be cautious.

Ardian Expansion acquires YT Industries | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
Unfortunately direct suppliers often take your money and then keep shifting dates. I have had bad experiences with both Canyon and YT. One of which was supposed to come a week before a birthday and then came two weeks after it. I think you need factor in the delivery day as nice to have and be prepared to cancel the order if the date just keeps slipping and slipping. It is the biggest downside to mail order but that said you often get more bike for your buck from these suppliers. Ying and yang I suppose

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I would only cancel if I had another bike available to purchase. Most of the ebike manufacturers seem to be having trouble delivering orders at the moment. Commencal announced a new ebike, but it won't be available until October 2022.

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
You'd think so, but when companies start to struggle financially or want to puff up their financial reports, they don't always behave the most ethical way. Realize that YT was acquired by a private equity firm a couple months ago. I'd say there are enough "yellow flags" here to be cautious.

Ardian Expansion acquires YT Industries | Bicycle Retailer and Industry News
So they get more money for the moment, right? It is a company that helps small-mid-size companies grow (among other things). This means that they (YT) will get more money and expert support to grow for the moment. So for the short term there should not be a real problem. And now I am typing it, it might explain the absence of the larger battery. Could be that developing a completely different battery than most other brands stand in the way of growing much larger?

Pickle1970

Oct 7, 2020
Aylesbury
I've been waiting for my Marin E2 since January. Been delayed many times, it's now supposed to arrive either this month or next.

Out of interest, what are you going to buy which is like the Decoy?
I dont see that many ebikes in stock

w2ge

Dec 1, 2020
Voorhees, NJ
I waited on YT and was told maybe end of January, then the Canyon Spectral ON became available, got it from order date to my house in six days, this was months ago. Happy with my choice.

I’d look around and see what’s availabl, lotsa great ebikes out there...

Last edited:

F0nz0

Oct 11, 2021
Usa
I've been waiting for my Marin E2 since January. Been delayed many times, it's now supposed to arrive either this month or next.

Out of interest, what are you going to buy which is like the Decoy?
I dont see that many ebikes in stock
Yeah, I just figure if I can wait until Jan 31st for them to get the bike , I can wait until summer once riding season really resumes although I would of been happy with the decoy now… we’ll see what evil has in the works and that commencal meta power sx looks great too..there are still core 2s and the black core 3s available to pre order with ship dates in March/April.. weird.

Pickle1970

Oct 7, 2020
Aylesbury
Definitely agree on that, I'd guess just a combination of supply issues (Like all companies) and the general low level of importance that they put on customer service

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles