New 2020 Decoy Pro Race on order!!

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
New to forums. First post.
Been riding my 2019 EVIL OFFERING for the last 6 months. Then my good friend decides to pull the trigger and get a Decoy....He is hooked. So after watching more than enough Youtube videos, haha. I just ordered my 2020 Pro Race. Won't be arriving until first week of June. I can't wait. Been going through posts reading some great feed back on these bikes. Looking for any recommendations on things to do to the bike for set up before I start riding it.

Cheers.

Santa

Oct 4, 2019
Montreal, Canada
Hey congrats, it’s an awesome bike. I demoed so may different eMTBs and The Decoy Pro Race was a huge standout.
Recommendation while you wait? Well, for starters get a chain chain whip to remove the cassette and get that silly plastic disk off! Buy some good pedals. Look into a replacement rear tyre. Buy a muck guard for the front wheel. Build trails so you’ll have something to ride this summer!

Enjoy, it’s a fantastic machine!

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
I just ordered my first ebike the other day. Decoy base 29. Can’t wait for it to show up. Planning on selling my Megatower and going full E for the time being. Hoping the bike is reliable, because I already know how fun it will be.

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
Hey congrats, it’s an awesome bike. I demoed so may different eMTBs and The Decoy Pro Race was a huge standout.
Recommendation while you wait? Well, for starters get a chain chain whip to remove the cassette and get that silly plastic disk off! Buy some good pedals. Look into a replacement rear tyre. Buy a muck guard for the front wheel. Build trails so you’ll have something to ride this summer!

Enjoy, it’s a fantastic machine!

Thanks for replying ! Def agree with the Plastic disk. New Mallets on order and a RideWrap to keep it looking fresh... hah

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers.

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
I just ordered my first ebike the other day. Decoy base 29. Can’t wait for it to show up. Planning on selling my Megatower and going full E for the time being. Hoping the bike is reliable, because I already know how fun it will be.

Sweet! Here in Canada they are back ordered until the end of May.. So I will be patiently waiting. In the meantime I will just have to ride my EVIL Offering !!

BRAAAP!

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Thanks for replying ! Def agree with the Plastic disk. New Mallets on order and a RideWrap to keep it looking fresh... hah

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers.
Set of tin snips and you don't even have to pull the rear cassette, but clip the disc into pieces and remove.

I should get mine 2020 decoy over the 1000 mile mark tomorrow. Most of the miles have been during quarantine, since I have ridden the past 44 days in a row, but it is holding up well.

Added grips, pedal innovations pedals, and a new saddle. I couldn't be happier with the bike, you'll love it.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Diggin mine. I put on 220 rotors f/r , higher 38mm rise renthal bar and raceface 32mm stem , michelin 2.6 ewild r/2.35 rockr2 f tires with a nukeproof liner in the rear and tubeless f/r, made the for 170 (last years decoy base was 160 stock) and some race face chester pedals. I want to swap the seat to something more comfy, make the fork 180 and the rear 178 and hopefully a spare or bigger battery. Have fun. I think youll enjiy it. Its pretty damn good right out of the box

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Diggin mine. I put on 220 rotors f/r , higher 38mm rise renthal bar and raceface 32mm stem , michelin 2.6 ewild r/2.35 rockr2 f tires with a nukeproof liner in the rear and tubeless f/r, made the for 170 (last years decoy base was 160 stock) and some race face chester pedals. I want to swap the seat to something more comfy, make the fork 180 and the rear 178 and hopefully a spare or bigger battery. Have fun. I think youll enjiy it. Its pretty damn good right out of the box
Which rotors and adapters did you go to? Also, how do you plan to increase the travel on the fork and shock? (sounds very interesting)

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Which rotors and adapters did you go to? Also, how do you plan to increase the travel on the fork and shock? (sounds very interesting)
Just the sram/avid 220 rotors. I think the adapters are the 40mm in place of the 20mm ones that were on it.
The yari is ez to change the travel with an air shafyt swap. The 2019 came as a 160 fork. The canadian distributor didnt have the 180 shaft at the time so i had the 170 put in. Lots of good mods can be ugraded on that fork. Its possible to upgrade the damper and i think the new air shaft that just came out. New air shaft gives it more mid stroke support so it will sit higher in its travel. Thatd be a win win if i put in the new shaft in 180.
Ive heard that cane creek can make there db coil shock in a 230 x 70 and EXT will also make a 230 x 70. They dont list 70mm stroke options but i hear they can do it. 65mm is the most currently listed. Im not sure about rock shox and fox/marzocchi , ohlins and dvo. I thought i heard it may be possible. Not sure. I heard Push wont do it on their 11/6 shock though. If you end up doing it before me, post it up. I was really happy with my old cane creek db coil but id like to try an ext(lots of good reports) and i also really like dvo's products and customer support. New dvo products look great

Lee Dove

Oct 12, 2018
Scotland

I would think making the rear 178 travel will screw the geometry up a bit. Rear progression curve is going to get screwed and the BB height change will make it handle worse.

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA

I have a DVO 230x65 but the stroke is actually 70mm. The bumper is 15mm thick and will not compress to zero so it’s impossible to use all 70mm of stroke

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
I would think making the rear 178 travel will screw the geometry up a bit. Rear progression curve is going to get screwed and the BB height change will make it handle worse.
he’s not changing the 230mm eye to eye, he wants to long stroke it to 70mm instead of of 65 to give it a bit more travel. Not sure where 178mm came from or what the leverage curve of the bike is to make this assumption

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
It will ramp up more at the end so that should work well with a coil as it has air now. BB height will be vurtually the same apart from a slight drop because the additional 3mm of sag. The front at 180 will erase that bb drop. Also it still has the angle/bb adjust at the linkage

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
he’s not changing the 230mm eye to eye, he wants to long stroke it to 70mm instead of of 65 to give it a bit more travel. Not sure where 178mm came from or what the leverage curve of the bike is to make this assumption
Im not positive on the ratio. Most linkages are around 2.6ish/1 so figuring an extra 5mm would be an additional 13ish mm of travel

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
Im not positive on the ratio. Most linkages are around 2.6ish/1 so figuring an extra 5mm would be an additional 13ish mm of travel
YT’s Enduro bike’s like the Capra tend to start very high like 3.4 or 3.5:1. I would assume the Decoy could be similar.

Anyways I’m running a DVO coil right now and it looks like you don’t want to go past 170mm out back on a size L frame with the dropper all the way slammed as the tire will hit the saddle.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
YT’s Enduro bike’s like the Capra tend to start very high like 3.4 or 3.5:1. I would assume the Decoy could be similar.

Anyways I’m running a DVO coil right now and it looks like you don’t want to go past 170mm out back on a size L frame with the dropper all the way slammed as the tire will hit the saddle.
Ok, good to know. I havent actually dropped all the air out of my rear shock to check yet. Curious now as im getting ready to make the plunge. I have my seat pushed most of the way forward on my medium so fingers crossed. With that ratio i may only need an extra 2.5 mm stroke and thatd be 176. So close. Maybe get one of those dvo coils and shave a mm off the coil adjuster, a mm off each end of the spring. Tiny grind here and there and BOOM , 70nm freeride/enduro/bike park sled

MTB_MIKE

Dec 20, 2019
Southern California, USA
Ok, good to know. I havent actually dropped all the air out of my rear shock to check yet. Curious now as im getting ready to make the plunge. I have my seat pushed most of the way forward on my medium so fingers crossed. With that ratio i may only need an extra 2.5 mm stroke and thatd be 176. So close. Maybe get one of those dvo coils and shave a mm off the coil adjuster, a mm off each end of the spring. Tiny grind here and there and BOOM , 70nm freeride/enduro/bike park sled
that’s a terrible idea. Just change out the bumper or add a few washers underneath the existing bumper to shorten the stroke a bit.

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
that’s a terrible idea. Just change out the bumper or add a few washers underneath the existing bumper to shorten the stroke a bit.
No, i want more stroke. Thats how dvo give more stroke. They give you a thinner adjuster or thicker for less stroke. The thinnest would give you there current max stroke at 65mm. A slight grind on that threaded collar and a slight grind at either ends of the coil and voila. All easily replaceable parts and maybe try it with a cheap steel spring first. A mm is f all

DB88MOTO

Apr 25, 2020
BC Canada
Well after six weeks of waiting ... finally ! Installed some custom decals, Mallet peddles, Chromag grips, Ridewrap in Matte, synchros fender, crank arm protectors and shortened the mile long cables... went through the entire bike and checked all the bolts.. I noticed the headset was loose after a ride around my house. The only thing I didn't check... hah. now its time for a shakedown ride.. woohoo.

C17709BD-5D85-4B0E-8C92-9D8C70C54DC0_1_201_a.jpeg

0A93AE97-0971-417A-84CF-1C1DE3733D41_1_201_a.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles