YT DECOY 2020 carbon pro race chain

Subzilla

Jan 13, 2020
NW UK
It’s a Shimano 12 speed chain, others do not work I’ve tried a 12 speed kmc and it didn’t work. The 12 speed Shimano chain has a different profile. The shifting is very good, I would leave good enough alone.

Gemini2k

Sep 9, 2019
Normal
It’s a Shimano 12 speed chain, others do not work I’ve tried a 12 speed kmc and it didn’t work. The 12 speed Shimano chain has a different profile. The shifting is very good, I would leave good enough alone.
As far as I know Shimano, KMC and SRAM 12 speed chains (except for some of the road specific SRAM ones) are supposed to all be compatible. There might have been other issues going on (like the directionality of the SRAM power link?, worn cassettes? etc.)

I've mixed and matched 12 speed chains on Sram 12spd MTB, Shimano 11spd MTB, Shimano 11spd road, and E-13 11spd MTB cassettes and a large variety of chain rings (but not 12 speed Shimano MTB yet)

Subzilla

Jan 13, 2020
NW UK
As far as I know Shimano, KMC and SRAM 12 speed chains (except for some of the road specific SRAM ones) are supposed to all be compatible. There might have been other issues going on (like the directionality of the SRAM power link?, worn cassettes? etc.)

I've mixed and matched 12 speed chains on Sram 12spd MTB, Shimano 11spd MTB, Shimano 11spd road, and E-13 11spd MTB cassettes and a large variety of chain rings (but not 12 speed Shimano MTB yet)

brand new bike I thought I’d put the gold 12 speed ebike chain on, brand new chain with missing link, it was like watching some voodoo take place before my eyes no way would it grab the cassette. There’s videos showing the same on other forums.

Gemini2k

Sep 9, 2019
Normal
brand new bike I thought I’d put the gold 12 speed ebike chain on, brand new chain with missing link, it was like watching some voodoo take place before my eyes no way would it grab the cassette. There’s videos showing the same on other forums.

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say here.

Subzilla

Jan 13, 2020
NW UK
From Shimano
In 2019 Shimano® launched new 12-speed XTR®, XT®, SLX® Mountain bike groups. These 12-speed groups use a chain with a different shape than previous 12-speed chains.

We updated our chainring designs early in 2019 to be compatible with these new chains. 100% of Guidering UL are compatible with these new chains.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles