Orbea Rise Ship Dates Slipping?

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Hi, all. Not surprisingly, the ship date for my Orbea has slipped a few weeks. I'm curious if anyone else has had a delay and if there are any insights on what the root cause is (specific components, factory capacity, etc).

Not stressing yet, but certainly can't wait to get on the bike!

Thanks!

MTB911

Dec 20, 2020
PL
Ordered in November - planned delivery december.
Currently delivery end of April... only 5 months difference :)

jbrown15

May 27, 2020
Chilliwack, Canada
My buddy is an Orbea dealer, he had one on order for himself and they had given him a June delivery date. When he looked last week they don't even have a delivery date listed now.

Gardcol

Dec 30, 2020
Aberdeen
I ordered a custom M10 the day of release through my local Orbea dealer and was given a June delivery date. Last week out of the blue I was told the bike had shipped but it’s now stuck in customs because of Brexit issues. I’ve no idea how it came forward 5 months, must have been a cancellation but it was custom colors?

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada
I ordered a custom M10 the day of release through my local Orbea dealer and was given a June delivery date. Last week out of the blue I was told the bike had shipped but it’s now stuck in customs because of Brexit issues. I’ve no idea how it came forward 5 months, must have been a cancellation but it was custom colors?

oh wow! Lucky! I ordered stock colours with the idea that ordering stock would get it to me faster. I guess I was wrong in my case. I would have liked a deep purple bike. Oh well. I'll just have to hope that mine gets bumped up like your's. Sorry about the Brexit delay issue. I read that there may be unexpected customs fees for many products.

Gardcol

Dec 30, 2020
Aberdeen
oh wow! Lucky! I ordered stock colours with the idea that ordering stock would get it to me faster. I guess I was wrong in my case. I would have liked a deep purple bike. Oh well. I'll just have to hope that mine gets bumped up like your's. Sorry about the Brexit delay issue. I read that there may be unexpected customs fees for many products.
Bike shop called today and I had misunderstood. Orbea were waiting to see how shipments would be affected by Brexit and did some test runs. My bike has now shipped and due end of next week. Still not sure how my custom order jumped forward 5 months but happy days!

brendand

Dec 19, 2020
Calgary, Canada
Bike shop called today and I had misunderstood. Orbea were waiting to see how shipments would be affected by Brexit and did some test runs. My bike has now shipped and due end of next week. Still not sure how my custom order jumped forward 5 months but happy days!

While you're talking to them, ask them if Orbea can send out the shipments to Canada earlier than July please :)

Gardcol

Dec 30, 2020
Aberdeen
While you're talking to them, ask them if Orbea can send out the shipments to Canada earlier than July please :)
I feel for you. I had a Wild on order for March delivery but the day the Rise came out I told the shop to cancel the Wild and get me a Rise as it seemed perfect. They kindly kept both on order as told me they could cancel right up to the paint job so I checked on dates each week and they moved around a bit. I was almost going to cancel the Rise as the thought of missing Spring riding was too much for me as my friend is getting a Bullit at end of February and other guys got already but then suddenly the Rise jumped forward. I’ll be interested to see how I get on riding with the full fats but I just don’t like the feel of the 23kg bikes or the look having tested a few. I ride a lot on my own in the summer too as in Scotland it’s light until 10-11pm so don’t have to keep up with anyone. I’m sure I’d be happy with either bike but 90% of the natural enduro stuff here doesn’t need a big bike so think the Rise will be perfect. On the first 50hr fork service I’m going to put a 160mm air shaft in as my current bike has a 160mm fork and I do use it all on a couple of big slabs. That will also make the HTA 65deg and same as current Canyon which handles everything and is a 27.5 so the Rise should be even more capable with 29er wheels.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Grrrrrr...slipped another two weeks (at least). Any date Orbea gives me at this point is complete BS anyway. Another couple weeks and I might have to pull the plug (pun intended) on the Rise. A generic "COVID 19" excuse isn't a valid reason anymore - it's either component availability or factory capacity. I wish companies would just f*cking learn to communicate transparently.

Gardcol

Dec 30, 2020
Aberdeen
Grrrrrr...slipped another two weeks (at least). Any date Orbea gives me at this point is complete BS anyway. Another couple weeks and I might have to pull the plug (pun intended) on the Rise. A generic "COVID 19" excuse isn't a valid reason anymore - it's either component availability or factory capacity. I wish companies would just f*cking learn to communicate transparently.
Mine has arrived! Ordered the day of release and told June delivery but unbelievably came forward!

A73B1F54-F250-47C2-9FE5-8056AEFA78EF.jpeg

Gardcol

Dec 30, 2020
Aberdeen
What’s that colour combo have you managed to get one via MyO if so that’s a first !
It was through MyO and no idea why it jumped forward by 5 months! It’s Matt black with deep red logos. I also got deep red on the links but think maybe black would have been better. I’ve not seen it in the flesh yet as we are snowed in and lockdown. It’s getting Invisiframed at the weekend then hope to get my hands on it next week. These are photos from my bike shop, Banchory Cycles, who just built it up. They have posted a video of the build on their Facebook site as well which has lots of angles.

6B2F1703-7910-4A48-91C6-CE32E94097AE.jpeg

D3A20A1F-EA74-4777-A9A9-74E95E7B5B17.jpeg

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Really sorry to hear that. He must have a head wind on his little row boat. Just think how much sweeter it will be when you finally get it.

snow on the ground now anyway. It’s fatbike season!

GizmoSL

Dec 15, 2020
San Antonio Texas
Yes, as an update, the Rise deliveries do seem to be slipping, to the US at least. My April delivery date is now May. Just more of the same, supply chain fiasco occurring world-wide, although I was told that orders to North America were shipped air freight, but a knock-on effect might be affecting all shipping methods.

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
My wife and mine have slipped repeatedly. XL in January/M february became med early march/XL late march 'worst case'. Then medium early April, XL end but still no sign of either.

RickBullotta

Jun 5, 2019
USA
Yes, as an update, the Rise deliveries do seem to be slipping, to the US at least. My April delivery date is now May. Just more of the same, supply chain fiasco occurring world-wide, although I was told that orders to North America were shipped air freight, but a knock-on effect might be affecting all shipping methods.

As I understand, component availability still is the major cause of unpredictable ship dates.

b33k34

Apr 15, 2021
UK
As I understand, component availability still is the major cause of unpredictable ship dates.
I'm sure - but if it's components rather than frames that doesn't explain why the *order* of production of our two frames changed (and has stayed changed). Also, Orbea in theory know which frames are already sold to customers (UK prices went up so had to confirm with Orbea to keep 'at time of order' price) yet seems to be the odd frame shipping out to sit on a shop floor while sold bikes (of exact same spec) still wait for delivery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles