Orbea rise setting for downhill

LeMec

Jan 14, 2022
USA
Coming from many years on a non emtb, I am looking at replicating that non powered feeling when going downhill on my recently purchased Rise, and put the bike in the Off settings. However, I feel that this slows the bike coming out dh turns that I typically pedal out of, and makes the bike too sluggish.
Curious as to how other riders set their bike when going down steep sections? If not OFF, did you change some of tbe profile settings that might be more conducive to DH turns and quick acceleration needs?

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
You don't have to turn it off when going down! Just keep it in whatever mode you want and have the assistance on call when needed. Just remember, if doing more than the assistance speed limit, the assistance won't kick in...

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden
You don't have to turn it off when going down! Just keep it in whatever mode you want and have the assistance on call when needed. Just remember, if doing more than the assistance speed limit, the assistance won't kick in...

this is why you drive in eco or turn off the engine when you go downhill because then there will be less resistance

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
it's entirely up to your own personal preferencce which mode you use. The subtle assistance of Eco does have benefits over "off". as can the instant grunt of Boost. but Trail" mode is by far the most versatile mode. Being dynamic and providing an appropriate amount of torque output according to the rider’s pedaling force it allows the greatest level of control and ultimately grip so generally makes most sense on a shimano motor to descend in.

LeMec

Jan 14, 2022
USA
Thanks for the feedback.
Realize it’s a personal preference, just great to hear what others who have had these rigs for some time.
I was also interested as to the selected scale settings for “Assist Character “ and “Assist Level” for Dh/twisty where pedaling is needed. See pic for reference.

3021A3DE-38A4-4972-BDA8-D836A3282FB4.jpeg

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
The Rise's EP8RS motor has absolutely minimal resistance when in any mode so leaving it on in ECO or Trail should not be an issue.

When riding on the flat in Eco, if I switch it off, I hardly tell the difference in rolling resistance.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles