Help with setting up spare wheels

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
I've got an M2O Rise on its way and managed to get a duplicate set of Race Face wheels at a decent price. As I ride in variable conditions, one set will have wet or winter tyres and 1 set with the original tyres to start with for more xc.

I'm planning on upgrading both front discs to 203mm, so I'll have one spare 180mm from the front wheel that comes with the bike to put on the rear wheel of my spare set.The discs are centre lock. I see that Orbea do a disc magnet that is fixed to a 6 bolt disc set up but what do they do with the M20 that has centre lock i.e what do I need to purchase in readiness or is it just a case of buying some magnets and superglue it in the right place on the disc I transfer?

towzer

Aug 31, 2018
Oxfordshire
FYI.

ps I have never used this but found it when I used a 6 bolt hub on my spare wheels (std wheels were centrelock) and I was researching

below is what was on my Scott/dt swiss centrelock hubs from standard it sort of clamps to the centrelock hub bolt (see the three grubscrews), I thought it was a bit Heath Robinson but to be fair never failed.

fyi 6 bolt hub option

it’s easier to bend/file than some

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles