Orbea Rise M Rear Shock Remove & Replace

Davedela

May 4, 2022
Sonoma County, USA
I need to remove my rear Fox Float X shock from my 2022 M10 to send for warranty replacement. I've never removed a rear shock and am guessing I need to be careful not to allow the frame linkage to fall or compress when I remove the bolts and the shock. Last thing I want is carbon to carbon contact while and after the shock is removed. I know many here have upgraded rear shocks. Any how-to pointers? Thanks!

JCU Delt Ox

Apr 22, 2022
Ohio, USA
It's super simple. Release the air from your shock and mount the bike in your stand (or you could even do it on the ground. The rear triangle is light enough that you can support it and remove the shock. You're overthinking it.

Davedela

May 4, 2022
Sonoma County, USA
Yeah, thanks, you are correct (over-thinking). I didn't have the bike in front of me when I threw this out there. Not like other bikes where the weight of the bike or rear triangle might cause contact with the shock removed. Thanks for the reply!

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
You can put a rag in between the shock yoke and the seat tube to avoid scratches. Also a rag around the downtube.

No real need to air down the shock for removal, but it would be a good idea to for postage.

Davedela

May 4, 2022
Sonoma County, USA
Mission accomplished... At least the 1st half. Thanks for the input. Not sure I will be able to get a torque wrench on the yoke end when I put it back, but should be able to get a decent feel for the torque. Thanks again.

20220524_194233.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles