Orbea rise m-team 2023 delivery

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
Is there Anyone already with new orbea m-team 2023? Or with the soonest delivery date?
My dealer promise to me for mid of march….start having some doubt in regard 😜

Frankyspec

Dec 3, 2022
Belgium
I ordered the same M team Large in myo… but not yet recieved any delivery time… on the site for Belgium, I can see June for some shops, but I think it’ll be not soon…

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
I have ordered from my local dealer…told me some were in order from months …just i have customized it

Frankyspec

Dec 3, 2022
Belgium
Yes me too, by local dealer, he was going to ask the representative of Orbea, what he could do, to push it a little bit forward… let’s hope for a positive outcome.
Alternative is the M10, much sooner available, but only 200€ cheaper(with the same parts as the M team) but no XT DI2… That’s the reason to choose the M team👍

texano999

Jan 14, 2023
Italy
Yes me too, by local dealer, he was going to ask the representative of Orbea, what he could do, to push it a little bit forward… let’s hope for a positive outcome.
Alternative is the M10, much sooner available, but only 200€ cheaper(with the same parts as the M team) but no XT DI2… That’s the reason to choose the M team👍
Agree… in addition the m10 wheelset is alloy instead m-team carbon…the delay Could come from shimano components… possible will move from mid march to mid may

Last edited:

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
I ordered mine around April 25, picked it up yesterday (March 31) in CA USA. I didn't do MyO, but I did request some of the basic changes (Fox 34, Fox DPS, 35mm rise bars, 40mm stem, alloy wheels). To my surprise the range extender was included as well, I was expecting a delay on that.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
It's very interesting. First I will say I was surprised that it automatically upshifts and downshifts when coasting. I thought all of the automatic shifting features were only available on the 11 speed drivetrain. It turns out the only feature exclusive to the 11 speed drivetrain is automatic shifting while pedaling.

Automatic downshifts when coming to a stop are really cool. No need to pedal while slowing down in order to shift. Many of parks where I ride are shared with ranchers so there are many cattle gates you have to stop at. This is very helpful.

Automatic upshifts when coasting downhill are really nice. I'll often forget to upshift when transitioning and be in the wrong gear. Plus as my speed picks up and I'm trying to negotiate trail features I don't have to worry about pedaling in the middle of the gnarly bits.

Manual shifting while coasting is great too. It's so much less disruptive to not have to spin the pedals for every shift.

It struggles a little on flat rolling trails but I think some of that is due to the fact that the out-of-the-box Cadence Target is 70. I found myself in too low of a gear quite often on these flatter sort of trails. I changed the Cadence Target to 80 so we'll see how that goes.

It can be a bit inconsistent - again on trails that are transitioning quickly from down to up, or up to down. It seems to have a kind of cooldown between shifts so that it doesn't shift too often, but that means that you don't always know if you're going to be in the perfect gear.

I think the shifting is too quiet, related to the above, I'm not always sure if the bike is shifted or not. I added the e-tube Ride app so I'll be able to see which gear I'm in, that may help with this.

The other thing I found interesting is, because of the auto shifting, I found myself avoiding manual shifting, anticipating that the bike would do a shift. Sometimes it would and sometimes it wouldn't. I think it will take some getting used to, to find the right balance between manual shifts and automatic shifts.

One important quirk is that you can't shift if the bike is off. It's not the end of the world but it makes servicing a little trickier.

The truth is, even if I stop using all of the automatic features completely, the manual free shift is still really great.

I also like that the derailleur is lighter than the lightest AXS derailleur :) it's 369g

Frankyspec

Dec 3, 2022
Belgium
Nice to hear, only problem in Belgium still no delivery date for the m team… what size are the rotors, still 180? I wanted to go for 203 front and rear , but you can’t choose this anymore for the models 2023, that’s a pity … now you have to order them separately, i hope it’s possible to fit front and rear with 203?

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Nice to hear, only problem in Belgium still no delivery date for the m team… what size are the rotors, still 180? I wanted to go for 203 front and rear , but you can’t choose this anymore for the models 2023, that’s a pity … now you have to order them separately, i hope it’s possible to fit front and rear with 203?
Yes they are 180. I don't see why you would not be able to run 203 rotors.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles