Orbea Rise Carbon Extender Problems ?

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Any one have any problems with the extender or hear of problems. Been using mine about a year. The extender will take a charge but will not connect to bike. It started to occasionally not connect and cut off a couple of times. Always restarted and extender worked. The extender blue lights show full charge and I'm able to charge extender once it looses charge from not being used. I do long rides with Full Fat bikes and need the extender. I've seen one post on another forum that said the extender chord failed and needed to be replaced. I do believe this is my situation but at the moment don't have access to another extender to test my theory. Options are buy just a chord or new extender ( if I can find either ) but looking for any input here.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
No problems here. I would check that the cable is seating correctly and fully inserted. It can be a little fiddly and look like it is connected when actually it isn't.

scarl

Dec 19, 2021
sacramento
Definitely was the cord. Tested my theory with another’s cord and my battery. Already found cord and everything working again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles