One-up dropper size for a 2023 Kenevo Comp S4, and Rhythm fork wheel size?

Ryawesome

Oct 4, 2023
Ontario, Canada
I have a 2023 Kenevo Comp S4 arriving in the next day or two. I want to upgrade the dropper on it. I have a 210mm, 34.9, One-up dropper that I'm planning on stealing off my Norco Range VLT. Does anyone know what the insertion max depth is for the Kenevo? I don't want to waste a lot of time pulling out the X-Fusion one, if it will be too long. Also, does anyone know if the Fox Rhythm 38 fork will fit a 29" wheel? I saw a picture somewhere on these forums and I zoomed into the fork and it appeared to say 27.5+ on the fork, so I'm wondering since it looks like it would fit plus, it would probably also fit a 29? Thanks.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
There is a a knobble on the back of the pivot bolt preventing the dropper going in too far and damaging the cables.
You can grind this off but I don't know how much further insertion you would get.
A 180mm was all that would fit for me at 6' on an s4 when I did the calculations.
If you get a 210mm in then post up a pic.

Ryawesome

Oct 4, 2023
Ontario, Canada
There is a a knobble on the back of the pivot bolt preventing the dropper going in too far and damaging the cables.
You can grind this off but I don't know how much further insertion you would get.
A 180mm was all that would fit for me at 6' on an s4.
If you get a 210mm in then post up a pic.
Hey thanks. I saw a posting about that as well, I don't know if it was you or someone else. The one up dropper has a pretty minimal insertion length, but I guess I'll see if it gets past those little nubs. For changing out the dropper on this bike, does the cable housing move freely or is there a process like dropping motor and/or loosening the battery, like I have to do on my range, to free up the housing? Thx.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
A 210 stuck out by 80mm or so I recall when I did the sums. Too much for me.
I didn't want to cut the knobbles off and risk damaging the electrical cable.
No need to drop the motor. Take the shock off and loosen the clamps then the cable can be fed through.
Would love a 210 so very interested in your results.

Ryawesome

Oct 4, 2023
Ontario, Canada
A 210 stuck out by 80mm or so I recall when I did the sums. Too much for me.
I didn't want to cut the knobbles off and risk damaging the electrical cable.
No need to drop the motor. Take the shock off and loosen the clamps then the cable can be fed through.
Would love a 210 so very interested in your results.
Ok thanks. I'll give it a shot since I have the post anyways and see how it goes. I'll make sure to post my results, to hopefully help someone else out who may be wondering. Waiting for the bike to arrive still, so probably a few days.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Your post has spurred me to recheck my calculations from a while back.
I'm 6' on a 2020 s4.

Kenevo s4 insertion depth before knobble = 238mm
210mm post F measurement 297-15mm for mechanism = 282mm
Collar depth = 18mm
Post sticking out frame to top of collar = 282-238 = 44+18= 62mm

My current stock 160mm dropper sticks out by 45mm to top of collar and I would like to lower this and retain or increase the current max seat height.

So the 62mm of the oneup 210 would definitely not work for me.
Taking into account the oneup low 33mm dropped figure, the seat would end up in pretty much the same place as it is currently and the full 210mm extension would be far too much.
180mm max.

Screenshot_20231005-183047.jpg

Last edited:

Ryawesome

Oct 4, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Your post has spurred me to recheck my calculations from a while back.
I'm 6' on a 2020 s4.

Kenevo s4 insertion depth before knobble = 238mm
210mm post F measurement 297-15mm for mechanism = 282mm
Collar depth = 18mm
Post sticking out frame to top of collar = 282-238 = 44+18= 62mm

My current stock 160mm dropper sticks out by 45mm to top of collar and I would like to lower this and retain or increase the current max seat height.

So the 62mm of the oneup 210 would definitely not work for me.
Taking into account the oneup low 33mm dropped figure, the seat would end up in pretty much the same place as it is currently and the full 210mm extension would be far too much.
180mm max.

View attachment 126139
Awesome research and info, thanks for sharing. My bike just came in however I’m away for a few days so I can’t fiddle with it yet for parts swaps. I’ll share my update when i try putting on my 210 post. I’m thinking worse case i can shim it down to 200 or even 190, if it is sticking out too far. Will see though, I’m 6’ tall, 32 inseam.

In other news, my 2023 levo comp came with a 500mw battery (boo, someone else mentioned they got a 700 in theirs), and a fox rhythm 27.5/27.5+ fork. My shop tried puttin on a 29 out if interest and apparently even with a 2.35” tire it was a tight fit, so the fork that comes on that model isn’t compatible with 29s.

Ryawesome

Oct 4, 2023
Ontario, Canada
I got my kenevo and have been busy swapping parts over from my Norco range ebike. I got an S4, 2023 Kenevo Comp. Was hoping it would come with a 700 battery as someone else said theirs did however mine came with a 500. In reality for the amount of time I usually have to ride and the distance I go, it should be more than adequate, however it just feels like it's at the low end of the ratings these days. Anyways, I got my 210 one-up dropper installed. actually had to raise it up a little even. I started with it in as far as it could go (didn't take a measurement), then found out I could actually lift it a bit higher. I took a pic of how much post is exposed. I'm 6' tall, have a 32" inseam, and this is the height that works for me. Hope that info maybe helps someone. If I couldn't have gotten the post far enough into the frame I would have simply used the travel reducer pins that came with the post to take it down to 190 or 200 (but didn't need to). The bike admittedly has a long reach however I have fairly long arms so it fits me perfectly I think. The S3 which I also considered but couldn't try as my shop didn't have any in stock, would be too small I think.

Weather has been crappy rain so pics are in my basement. Upgrades I have done so far include:
1. 210 one post with nuke proof blue seat.
2. one up carbon bars with nuke proof 45mm stem and Ergon grips. Hope bar ends.
3. Reynolds 27.5, 36mm internal width, ebike wheels. I put on a pair of butcher 2.8s which I picked up for cheap on a specialized sale a few months ago on their website. I have a set of galfer rotors on the wheels, 220 front, 200 rear. Stock came with 200/200 Shimano.
4. Protective wrapped a bunch of areas of the frame.
5. Greased the shock mounts, no grease at all in either end, including the flip chip inserts.

Now I just need the rain to let up so I can get out on a decent ride, longer than the 12km quick loop I did when it came in last week.
IMG_3401.jpeg
IMG_3399.jpeg

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Useful info, glad it works for you.
Perhaps you can add measurements from centre of crank bolt to top of seat in the middle as per below picture?
With the stock 160mm command post mine are:-
Low 565mm / 22 1/4"
High 725mm / 28 1/2"

Screenshot_20231011-073248.jpg

Ryawesome

Oct 4, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Useful info, glad it works for you.
Perhaps you can add measurements from centre of crank bolt to top of seat in the middle as per below picture?
Low 565mm / 22 1/4"
High 725mm / 28 1/2"

View attachment 126521
As requested. Again, for those following, 2023 Kenevo, S4, with 210 one-up dropper, I'm 6' tall.
Low 23"/584.2mm
High 31.375"/797mm

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
As requested. Again, for those following, 2023 Kenevo, S4, with 210 one-up dropper, I'm 6' tall.
Low 23"/584.2mm
High 31.375"/797mm
Looping back round to this as I'm ready to buy soon.
Just checking you mentioned you had actually raised the seatpost a bit when you took these measurements? So if it was slammed down to the nobbles your 23" measurement would be a little lower?

Ryawesome

Oct 4, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Looping back round to this as I'm ready to buy soon.
Just checking you mentioned you had actually raised the seatpost a bit when you took these measurements? So if it was slammed down to the nobbles your 23" measurement would be a little lower?
I wish I would have slammed it to see what the measurement was and to be able to help others before setting it in the position that works for me. I think it had around 1.5" more insertion I could have used. As it is now, and based on my details, 6' tall, 32 inseam, S4 frame, 210 post, its sticking out 3.25" from the frame clamp to the bottom of the top screw assembly of the post, or 3.625 from the clamp to the rubber seal. The nice thing with the post is you can also reduce the travel if needed (I haven't had to do that). Good luck, hope this info helps you.

IMG_4650.jpeg

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I wish I would have slammed it to see what the measurement was and to be able to help others before setting it in the position that works for me. I think it had around 1.5" more insertion I could have used. As it is now, and based on my details, 6' tall, 32 inseam, S4 frame, 210 post, its sticking out 3.25" from the frame clamp to the bottom of the top screw assembly of the post, or 3.625 from the clamp to the rubber seal. The nice thing with the post is you can also reduce the travel if needed (I haven't had to do that). Good luck, hope this info helps you.

View attachment 137594
Cheers I'll redo the maths. I'm not adverse to grinding the nobbles off either if necessary. That would probably gain 3/4" or so.

Technogod

Apr 1, 2024
USA
Regarding the 38 Fork. It depends on the Fork. You can have a 27.5 or a 29. Should be marked on the Fork.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
210mm ordered. Really good price in the UK currently, £165 plus £40 for the lever.
Seems pointless to get the 180mm when it's only 20mm more than stock.
Makes sense to do it now whilst the motor is out for a refurb.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Oneup 210mm post arrived and fitted after much swearing. Anyone who had done this knows how painful cable routing is, but whilst the motor is away for refurb, seemed the ideal time.
6', kenevo s4, 165mm cranks, 32" leg.

Sorry I'm in too much of a bad mood to convert to inches.

Seatpost slammed. Top of seat tube to centre of saddle rails.
With nobbles 80mm.
Without knobbles 66mm.
IMG_20240410_142728__01__01.jpg

So with knobbles the lowest seat height was only 3mm higher than I previously had using the command post at 77mm.
Once knobbles ground off this gave me another 11mm of drop. Perfect!

So compared to my previous measurements a few posts above:-
Low 565mm / 22 1/4"
High 725mm / 28 1/2"

I now get (note these are mathematical measurements, as without the motor, I can't measure from the crank centre bolt!)
Low 554mm
High 764mm
Also get the option to lower the high extension to 190mm if it proves to be to tall.

Bastard tight awkward fiddly cable routing. It would be better if the bottom green bit would rotate clockwise from 4 o'clock to 6 o'clock, so the moving part didn't foul the cables.
IMG_20240410_133209.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles