One up dropper

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Having issues with this one now it's been great for over a year. Problem seems to be the ferrol ? on the end it just won't stay in the slot no matter how I adjust it . Works fine till you put it in position then out it comes. Turned the seat 90 degrees and works perfectly, just hard to cycle sitting like that. I've got a new Brand x I got on warranty so may change it out. Just frustrating. The ferrol only goes in about 5mm . Curious if anyone has had this problem.

mcboab

Aug 2, 2022
NE UK
Cable (outer or inner) issue? sounds like the cable routing/bend are putting a bias on the ferrule and making it want to climb out of the post actuator ? Try pulling some slack through to the bars end and refitting . When I fitted a longer OneUp dropper I pulled out the cable and inner (up the seat post tube) to mount to post then pulled it taught (from the bar end) and kept it taught when inserting the post down the frame so it was always in tension on the post actuator until I had it at the desired insertion depth .

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Cable (outer or inner) issue? sounds like the cable routing/bend are putting a bias on the ferrule and making it want to climb out of the post actuator ? Try pulling some slack through to the bars end and refitting . When I fitted a longer OneUp dropper I pulled out the cable and inner (up the seat post tube) to mount to post then pulled it taught (from the bar end) and kept it taught when inserting the post down the frame so it was always in tension on the post actuator until I had it at the desired insertion depth .
Tried every which way its just not having it this time for some reason . The ferrol may be worn and not going in properly , it only goes in five mm ish anyway. I usually had to do what you said with the command post or it came out . Very cold here so not so keen too faff about.

Last edited:

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Tried every which way its just not having it this time for some reason . The ferrol may be worn and not going in properly , it only goes in five mm ish anyway. I usually had to do what you said with the command post or it came out . Very cold here so not so keen too faff about.
You might try changing to Jaguar‘s specific cable for droppers, several in group use it with OneUp… allows more flexible cable for routing. Now 2+ years on couple of my bikes with no problems.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
You might try changing to Jaguar‘s specific cable for droppers, several in group use it with OneUp… allows more flexible cable for routing. Now 2+ years on couple of my bikes with no problems.
Changed the Ferrol and it seems OK for now , I won't hold my breath as they say . There is about 3mm for the ferrol to sit in not enough in my opinion. There is an attachment the shop are going to send me for nothing as well so 🙃

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles