Levo Gen 3 Official Specialized Gen 3 2022 Levo Megathread!

turbolego

Aug 5, 2022
Chico
The stock roval wheels are made of cheese. Best to get a set of strong rims hope, dt etc
I personally would not spend very much money to repair a Comp level wheel. I'd see if I could straighten it myself or pay a small fee for a shop to straighten it. Beyond that, if it's working I'd just run with it. Keeping an eye out for cracks of course. It would not be worth paying shop rates to have that hub rebuilt with new spokes and new Roval rim. You could buy a new or new/take off for less most likely.

Better yet, spend a few hundred on a wheel stand and lace up a new rim and spokes. Once you have the tools and knowhow you won't need a shop to work on your wheels anymore.
Thanks, will not mess with it for now, and think about another wheel later on.

etoni

E*POWAH Elite
Sep 3, 2018
Thun Switzerland
Don't know about local regulations in Switzerland, but in most European markets it's limited to 25 km/h anyway due to legal restrictions. Set the rear wheel diameter to 2000mm, this will show slightly incorrect data for your distance but will give you assistance till around 28/29 km/h .
after this update, 2000 do not work! 25kmh is the max. in any diameter.

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
Well it works on my Levo (with the latest update installed).
The TCU gets the speed readings from the rear sensor, the set diameter will alter the speed reading, the smaller the rear diameter, the slower the bike will think you are riding, so if you set it to 2000mm but in reality have 2250mm, the TCU will "think" you are doing 25 but in reality its more.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Anyone have the seal on their dropper pop out? I tried to stuff it back in but no go. Do I need to remove the whole post to repair?
PXL_20221204_035133806~2.jpg

Electric Life

Electric Life
Nov 29, 2022
Birmingham
Rovals have a lifetime (crash!) warranty - you might be able to get that rim replaced for free:

Something worth knowing is that this warranty is not global, it gets a little muddy as the warranty would go through Specialized UK here for example, not Roval (I know same company in essence however, not the same here!) - But the guys at Spesh UK are awesome and always a great help! But the "S**T happens" warranty of Roval is not applicable in the UK!

Phil M

Nov 25, 2021
UK
If replacing headset I'd highly recommend ditching the FSA and going with something better like Chris King. I personally, and many others have reported lots of problems on Specialized models with the FSA headsets. The CK Dropset 5 is what I use.

That said, many/most people seem to be fine with the FSA.
I’m struggling with the standard headset

Is this Chris King 5 literally a direct replacement for the standard one? Just remove old and this new one fits, no other parts needed?

Marcolino84

Dec 4, 2022
Italia Torino
Buonasera a tutti ho da poco montato la ohlins ttx 22m 210x55 con molla da 457 lbs fornitami da Andreani in base alla bici e al peso del ciclista...
Ho fatto un giro veloce giusto per avere un primo feeling, sicuramente una cosa che ho notato subito è che il posteriore non scalcia più come di solito faceva l x2... ma non sono sicuro se la durezza della molla è quella giusta cioè mi aspettavo da un ammortizzatore a molla più effetto cuscino invece l'ho trovato piuttosto rigido in generale, ma in fase di atterraggio da un drop l'ho sentito stabile senza rimbalzare troppo.
Sono 65kg mi sono vestito con lo zaino ed ecc...
Tra l'altro ora ho visto che c'è la versione M2 del ttx per una piccola differenza di prezzo, solo per principio, quasi quasi lo rifarei, la differenza di circa 190€...
Cosa ne pensi?

Good evening everyone I have recently mounted the ohlins ttx 22m 210x55 with 457 lbs spring supplied to me by Andreani based on the bike and the weight of the cyclist...

I did a fast lap just to get a first feeling, surely one thing I noticed right away is that the rear no longer kicks like the x2 usually did... but I'm not sure if the spring hardness is the right one, i.e. I expected from a spring shock plus cushion effect however I found it quite stiff overall but when landing from a drop I felt it stable without bouncing too much.

I'm 65kg I dressed with backpack and etc...

By the way, now I've seen that there is the M2 version of the ttx for a small price difference, just on principle, I'd almost do it again, the difference of about €190...

What do you think?

20221204_194257.jpg 20221201_161909.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
Buonasera a tutti ho da poco montato la ohlins ttx 22m 210x55 con molla da 457 lbs fornitami da Andreani in base alla bici e al peso del ciclista...
Ho fatto un giro veloce giusto per avere un primo feeling, sicuramente una cosa che ho notato subito è che il posteriore non scalcia più come di solito faceva l x2... ma non sono sicuro se la durezza della molla è quella giusta cioè mi aspettavo da un ammortizzatore a molla più effetto cuscino invece l'ho trovato piuttosto rigido in generale, ma in fase di atterraggio da un drop l'ho sentito stabile senza rimbalzare troppo.
Tra l'altro ora ho visto che c'è la versione M2 del ttx per una piccola differenza di prezzo, solo per principio, quasi quasi lo rifarei, la differenza di circa 190€...
Cosa ne pensi?

View attachment 102552 View attachment 102553
I clearly appreciate your posting and I guess you upgraded your rear suspension with an Ohlins shock, but to keep it simple for everybody, please post in English as this is an English speaking forum.

Olivier Clg

Nov 15, 2021
France
Cosa ne pensi?

Good evening everyone I have recently mounted the ohlins ttx 22m 210x55 with 457 lbs spring supplied to me by Andreani based on the bike and the weight of the cyclist...

I did a fast lap just to get a first feeling, surely one thing I noticed right away is that the rear no longer kicks like the x2 usually did... but I'm not sure if the spring hardness is the right one, i.e. I expected from a spring shock plus cushion effect however I found it quite stiff overall but when landing from a drop I felt it stable without bouncing too much.

I'm 65kg I dressed with backpack and etc...

By the way, now I've seen that there is the M2 version of the ttx for a small price difference, just on principle, I'd almost do it again, the difference of about €190...

What do you think?

View attachment 102552 View attachment 102553
Hello,

according to Linkage Design website,

1/ the average leverage ratio for the Levo Gen3 is about 2.87 at 30% SAG. Your weight 65kg = 143.3 lbs. So the right spring rate for your weight at 30% SAG should be 2.87 x 143.3 = 411.27 lbs.

2/ But if the desired SAG is 25%, the average leverage ratio is about 2.92, so 2.92 x 143.3 = 418,436 lbs spring rate.

3/ At 30% SAG and 457 lbs spring rate, you should weight 457/2.87 = 159.233 lbs = 72 kg ready to ride.

Conclusion : your spring rate is too stiff. You should try 400-425 lbs

1670251924754.png

Last edited:

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
TRP 223mm 2.3mm thick rotors installed with Code RS calipers and levers installed front and rear. Just bedded in but not field tested yet. With Uberbike E-Matrix Finned pads as well. (Still need proper rear caliper spacer but the washers worked to confirm fit)
FFCAE094-AC94-4544-8126-79BE0975612A.jpeg
E2CBE3C8-E6F0-4B64-B5FE-EC7DD967E84E.jpeg
40C2B8AE-4659-4B2F-B2A9-C3F6E287CF9F.jpeg

upperoso

Nov 5, 2022
USA
Anyone know the part number and/or proper name for the small nylon clip on the seatstay used to keep the rear brake hose clear of the spokes? It's missing from my build kit and doesn't seem to show up in the small parts schematics except in photos.

View attachment 83534
This appears to be the one pictured: Part# S166800021
The bolt in my Turbo Levo was effectively a plug protecting the hole and threads. Anyone know the specifications for a longer bolt?
I ordered this part. It will work.
Thanks!

s166800021.jpg

malc101

Nov 29, 2021
Upstate, NY
Has anyone noticed less range on newer levos than gen 2? On my 21 I could pull 60 miles and 4,500 of climb. I seem to only hit about 45 miles on the new ‘22 one. Perhaps it’s the power curve but I ride mostly in eco st 20%. Both are 700wh alloy

AdamM

Subscriber
Nov 17, 2019
Poland
Has anyone noticed less range on newer levos than gen 2? On my 21 I could pull 60 miles and 4,500 of climb. I seem to only hit about 45 miles on the new ‘22 one. Perhaps it’s the power curve but I ride mostly in eco st 20%. Both are 700wh alloy
Yes, I think mine also has less range than gen2.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles