Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
Still nothing about the Carbon Comp on specialized site. I wonder why? Seems like folks have gotten theirs, correct?
Yeah I was surprised the 2021 Comp Carbons have been out for a while. I was ready to buy a 2020 in Cast Berry when I saw a 2021 in dark green. I've had it for a couple of weeks. 20200917_074839.jpg
As far as I know the 2020 and 2021 are the same. Only colors and price tag are different, I paid $25US more.

Junior

Aug 8, 2020
Austin
My light ride is a dvo Topaz t3. My heavy ride is a dvo Jade x. Both are excellent . The jade coil is like riding a pillow.
How much do you weigh and what spring rate are you running? I feel like I remember you saying you weigh about 230. I am 210-215 and I am wondering what spring rate to run. I see DVO makes a bunch of different lengths and rates, but I understand you need a fairly stiff spring on the Levo SL

Manitunc

May 18, 2020
Florida
How much do you weigh and what spring rate are you running? I feel like I remember you saying you weigh about 230. I am 210-215 and I am wondering what spring rate to run. I see DVO makes a bunch of different lengths and rates, but I understand you need a fairly stiff spring on the Levo SL
I’m running a 650# spring now. It is very plush with no bottom out. The jade x also has 3 positions so you can lock out for climbing. I also am running the cascade link.

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
hi, can anybody provide the color code for the teal aluminum sl comp? get lots of nicks. paint seems to chip pretty easy.

thank you!!
chris

ps, just put a 27.5 wheel in back and its amazing. if you're riding mostly dh trails id certainly recomend it. got a heavy casting wtb 2.4 judge on.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
For reference.. I am running a coil (EXT Storia V3) with the CC Link and find anywhere between 550-600 lbs work for me depending on terrain. I am using a Sprindex coil, which allows for adjustment in that range. 570-580 seems the sweet spot for most trails. ~180-185lbs geared up.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Just ordered a 2020 SL expert. Deal was too good to say no. I will be swapping the wheels and tyres.

can anyone give me an idea how much (in pounds) I could sell the Roval traverse carbon wheelset for? The rear has a DTswiss 370 hub. It will include the tyres and tubes. All brand new.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
Just ordered a 2020 SL expert. Deal was too good to say no. I will be swapping the wheels and tyres.

can anyone give me an idea how much (in pounds) I could sell the Roval traverse carbon wheelset for? The rear has a DTswiss 370 hub. It will include the tyres and tubes. All brand new.
There's a used set at Pros Closet for $1049. But they're used with no tires.

2wheeledwalbert

Apr 16, 2019
Gloucestershire, England

Probably about 100 quid. I'll take them off you if you like ?

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Probably about 100 quid. I'll take them off you if you like ?
Yeah ok,, I was only gonna ask 50.
I seem a bit silly tbh. I ordered a set of wheels from Light Bicycle which are now in transit and I've ended up buying a bike that already has carbon hoops... dooh!

p3eps

Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Question... Does a Maxxis DHF 2.5 fit on a Levo SL front (with stock 34)? Anyone try? I've scoured the net for an hour now unconclusively

If you’d read all 97 pages of this thread, you’d have found the answer!!
Yes - it does... I had a 2.5 DHF on the front for a while before changing to a Michelin Wild.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow

How much was it? PM if needed. Thanks.

mtb_brett

Sep 15, 2020
SoCal
For those that have replaced their brakes on a carbon frame, are there any gotchas or important info as far as routing? Getting ready to do this. Doesn't look like anything has to be removed to route the tubing and seems straight forward if you have the little SRAM barb connector that connects the old/new ones. But curious if there is anything I should be aware of.

eMarc

Apr 21, 2020
Kent UK
For those that have replaced their brakes on a carbon frame, are there any gotchas or important info as far as routing? Getting ready to do this. Doesn't look like anything has to be removed to route the tubing and seems straight forward if you have the little SRAM barb connector that connects the old/new ones. But curious if there is anything I should be aware of.
I disconnected the hose at the lever first, then used an old brake cable outer connected to the SRAM joiner. Pulled it back, disconnected at the derailleur end and then connected to the new hose and pulled it back to the lever.

This saved cutting the old hose at the calliper end making it easier for the next user of these lovely guide brakes.

Pauliemon

Sep 14, 2020
Northern California, USA
Yes easy as pie. Pull the old one out, put the new one in. It'll slide through with the barb installed but not the olive. If you using brakes with DOT fluid be careful.

addxyz

Sep 21, 2018
USA
Question for the folks with the front brake on the left hand, how are your front cables routed? Mine are from top to bottom (facing bike): dropper, rear brake + shifter, speed remote thing, front brake. With this way, I can't tape the dropper and speed remote cable together because they straddle the middle 2 cables.

RabbitHole

Oct 2, 2020
Victoria, BC, Canada
Hi gang, I have a 2021 Turbo Levo SL Comp - Alu-minnie-um with SRAM Eagle SX. (in hi-vis orange mislabelled rocket red)

I am converting to SHimano XT for the full hyperglide+ experience.

I have read through this thread and just want to confirm my understanding. All the SRAM can be swapped with SHimano XT,, with two exceptions:

REAR HUB
Mine is a Specialized OEM hub (maybe from Formula). Consensus is that the freehub body cannot be replace with a microspline, so I will have to by a new hub and have it re-laced or get a new wheel. Sounds right?

FRONT CHAINRING
No shimano chainring for the 94BCD available as wolf does not make a conversion, and Praxis does not make a spider for Shimano. I can still use the SRAM, but I must use a SRAM chain link connector on my XT chain (width issue, length issue?!?!) It this really the case? Can I just take the lathe to it?

thanks for the help

mtb_brett

Sep 15, 2020
SoCal
Question for the folks with the front brake on the left hand, how are your front cables routed? Mine are from top to bottom (facing bike): dropper, rear brake + shifter, speed remote thing, front brake. With this way, I can't tape the dropper and speed remote cable together because they straddle the middle 2 cables.
This is how mine are routed. 5B634632-3EEB-492B-B251-BA84FA7BF4FA.jpeg

rsmagee

Jul 11, 2020
West Midlands
Hi gang, I have a 2021 Turbo Levo SL Comp - Alu-minnie-um with SRAM Eagle SX. (in hi-vis orange mislabelled rocket red)

I am converting to SHimano XT for the full hyperglide+ experience.

I have read through this thread and just want to confirm my understanding. All the SRAM can be swapped with SHimano XT,, with two exceptions:

REAR HUB
Mine is a Specialized OEM hub (maybe from Formula). Consensus is that the freehub body cannot be replace with a microspline, so I will have to by a new hub and have it re-laced or get a new wheel. Sounds right?

FRONT CHAINRING
No shimano chainring for the 94BCD available as wolf does not make a conversion, and Praxis does not make a spider for Shimano. I can still use the SRAM, but I must use a SRAM chain link connector on my XT chain (width issue, length issue?!?!) It this really the case? Can I just take the lathe to it?

thanks for the help

I have that exact bike with an XT setup. You need a microspline hub, I used a Nukeproof Nuetron V2. Cost about the same as getting the roval relaced for me.

I used a Garbaruk 94bcd which when ordered off their site can be speced for Shimano 12 speed.

It shifts like a dream and is a massive upgrade over the NX eagle I had before.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles