Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
That’s really helpful, thanks. Dales in Glasgow are being very helpful with their limited stock, but it may be I can come to Dumfries before they get stock in, so a very kind offer that I may well take you up on when Nicola allows !
also my bottom bracket height is higher im sure with 160mm forks and 210x55 shock in high position . i will be putting it back into low once my air shock arrives . so this i will help with my stand over a little ..

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
For those riding the stock shock, what stroke length are you getting from it? I've been unsure about mine from purchase; whilst it's never bottomed out, I never seem to use the entire stroke. So, after letting all the air out, I confirmed that where my sag ring ends up each ride is indeed the fullest extent of the travel. Reinflated and in the work stand, this measures up to a stroke length of exactly 50mm! Is this just me, or have others experienced this with the stock shock? For info, size Medium frame.
I can touch 52.5mm . It’s not the entire shaft length mind you, but measures to 52.5 on calipers. I believe there is a spacer on this shock to reduce from 55mm to 52.5mm

You may want to check to see if your shock yoke or linkage is touching the chainstay at full extension. I have done some stuff to my geometry, but I was able to make the yoke touch the chainstay when slacked our (offset bushing plus low position on flip chip )

Bykr55

May 18, 2020
Western Canada
I’m close to pressing the button on an Expert Carbon. Unfortunately due lockdown I can’t get a test ride here in Scotland and am still dithering over whether to get a M or a L. Some very useful information from folks when I asked a few pages ago, and I’m just looking to see if anyone else of similar size can share their experiences with me. I am 5 ft 9.5 (176cm) tall with a 30 inch (76mm) inside leg, so short arsed really !

The sizing chart says medium but nearly large. Reading the geometry data the medium is quite cramped but will work with the 150mm dropper. The Large is a bit longer than any of my other bikes and would likely need a 125 dropper. Stand over also a bit high...

can you humour me please with what size fits you please ? Many thanks, again...
Ride the Expert in Large. I’m 5’9”...30“ inseam and 32/34 length dress shirt. Good standover. Tried both. Dropper sits a couple inches out of the seat tube.

Medium too cramped.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Stroke ratio is 2.85 so multiply that by the reduced stroke length to get a rough estimate of travel reduction.
I run a 200mm travel 29 Kenevo so I know about tire buzz. You learn pretty quick to find that point when your nuts take a good hit. Most of the time it feels kind of ok, really ramps up that adrenaline!
D'you know, I'm now on my third attempt at getting an answer from Spesh Rider Care on this, so I'm bloody grateful for your reply, especially as their second contact with me was to tell me I asked the wrong question on the first email, hence why I didn't get the answer I was looking for (they then went on to expertly still not answer my question, so I have now replied in the plainest english that I know how to use, in the hope that they might actually give me a meaningful answer at some point... In the meantime, I'm taking your answer as fact, as it seems that you know more than they do!).

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
D'you know, I'm now on my third attempt at getting an answer from Spesh Rider Care on this, so I'm bloody grateful for your reply, especially as their second contact with me was to tell me I asked the wrong question on the first email, hence why I didn't get the answer I was looking for (they then went on to expertly still not answer my question, so I have now replied in the plainest english that I know how to use, in the hope that they might actually give me a meaningful answer at some point... In the meantime, I'm taking your answer as fact, as it seems that you know more than they do!).
I’d agree on the part about me knowing more than them but the ratio is a simple 150/52.5. Obviously the way the suspension cycles it’s not exact science but it’s close enough.
You can also flip the bike upside down, take the rear wheel off and stick a board in its place. Then take the air out of the shock, place a pencil in the axle hole and cycle the suspension and take measurements at the shock.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
That's a great shout, about the board I mean. I may we'll give that a go later, though I think the ratio thing is probably good enough for my needs.

Reactions: CjP

dasurpha

May 9, 2020
Helsinki
Thanks, I went for 1650 ?
Did shorten the 1650mm one as well by maybe 8 cm. So if anyone is planning to replace the rear brake, 1550mm hose would be just long enough for size L carbon but leaves very little margin of error.

20E6AA01-ADE2-430A-9D3E-99082DE15EC2.jpeg

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
Has anyone experienced rattling from the rear brake line? I have a faint occasional non-metallic rattle when I go over expansion joint style bumps. Does anyone else have this? I torqued all the bolts. I think it’s the brake line: if I wiggle it at the front I can sort of hear it rattle.

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
Has anyone experienced rattling from the rear brake line? I have a faint occasional non-metallic rattle when I go over expansion joint style bumps. Does anyone else have this? I torqued all the bolts. I think it’s the brake line: if I wiggle it at the front I can sort of hear it rattle.
Should be the cables. Especially in the area bottombracket/rear end. There are already some posts/pictures in the thread...

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
These will be here within the next couple of weeks. Praxis are sending over a test set.
I called my LBS last week and asked if they could order me a set. They said they couldn’t find them on their stock list, but could maybe order them as spares.

Got a call this morning saying they’re £120 per crank (165mm version), and did I want to order. The order is now placed!

I guess the next worry is how I get the old ones off, and fit them. Is there a special tool required for this that I’ll need to order in advance... or will I be better / cheaper having the LBS do it for me?!

jemen

E*POWAH Master
Jun 1, 2018
Austria
I called my LBS last week and asked if they could order me a set. They said they couldn’t find them on their stock list, but could maybe order them as spares.

Got a call this morning saying they’re £120 per crank (165mm version), and did I want to order. The order is now placed!

I guess the next worry is how I get the old ones off, and fit them. Is there a special tool required for this that I’ll need to order in advance... or will I be better / cheaper having the LBS do it for me?!
Removing the cranks is much easier on the SL than the ff Levo.. You don´t need special tools. Even the spider is easy to remove though its not necessary when you change the crank arms.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
That looks super slick. How do you like those wheels?
I ordered the Enve 35mm bars and stem because the s works carbon bar felt like rubber.
I’ve not even ridden it with these wheels yet. I’ll let you know!
The S-Works bars that bad!m? Can’t say I noticed when I rode it.

Nickolp1974

Jul 30, 2019
Louth lincs
Got a mate testing my e120 900e at the weekend and if he has it i'll be grabbing one of these(comp carbon) he will want really good price, he won't worry too much on spec so would you swap brakes over XT 4 piston?? What about drivetrain, is that doable?? XT di2, would need di2 battery wouldn't I?? Always had shimano and it's what i'm used to. He won't mind if it pulls price down a bit. What would you do??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles