Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Today some riding.
Rode with extender+main battery together. At the end there was over 50% battery left.

1590165547366.png

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
The DBIL Coil didn't need any workshop alterations to fit, I was able to adjust it myself. Why is the air shock different?

View attachment 31780
Not got the shock yet but I was told by shop this would need doing in workshop .. ??‍♂️

So did you turn the top eyelet adjustment side so it would fit the frame ? Or did you just turn the bottom eyelet to fit the flip chip ? Ordering the shock from j-tech they do it if you mention the bike is a stumpjumper,Levo ,SL 2020 fitment .

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
I’ve found the SL is so quick on flatter / undulating terrain. Quite a bit faster than full fat bikes. Once full fat hit 15mph then they rarely go faster.

SL keeps on going, easily to 20+mph (tyre dependant). I had to wait a few times today for my full fat friends to catch up.

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
Anyone here actually running a Mullet on their SL? I ran my Levo as a Mullet and loved it. After a few rides on my SL, including some steep, techy stuff and a few big drops, I'm thinking of Mulleting(?) my new bike. I'm cautious because of the 165mm cranks (I run these due to knee injuries and will be doing the same to my SL as soon as pos), which can't currently be replaced. Why do it then? Because at 168cm (5'6") tall, on a size M frame, I'm already getting fed up of hitting my ass with the wheel, plus the wheel fouls the Cateye saddle clamp when the seat post is dropped and it hits full compression. The bike also feels just a touch less nimble in the back.

Open to thoughts but mostly want to hear from people running this setup already.

Yeah 5’6 = small frame. IMO.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Not got the shock yet but I was told by shop this would need doing in workshop .. ??‍♂️

So did you turn the top eyelet adjustment side so it would fit the frame ? Or did you just turn the bottom eyelet to fit the flip chip ? Ordering the shock from j-tech they do it if you mention the bike is a stumpjumper,Levo ,SL 2020 fitment .
The honest answer is that I don't remember, as this was a while ago now. I definitely remember that I was able to fiddle with the angle that the lever and adjustment screws were at. Am going to look back through some photos and see if I can jog my memory...

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
My Mudhugger FR install on the rear. By mounting to the chain stays, the guard moves relative to the pivot point and isn't lifted relative to the stays. When mounted to the seat stays, the lower portion of the guard lifts, relative to the chain stays, which can leave mud gathering above the pivots on the rubber guard. Mounted this way, the rubber guard almost becomes redundant, but the addition of the extender (seen at the top of the mudguard) means the linkages remain fully protected, even at full compression of the rear triangle. I run the same setup on my Kenevo, have done for around 8 months now, and it does an amazing job of keeping the linkages, shock, and motor housing really clean (compared to the rest of the bike). Plenty enough clearance for a 2.5" Aggressor.

20200522_155702.jpg

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
@Rob Hancill - is that an alloy handlebar?

With a carbon bar you wouldn’t have to work out with the heavy dumbbells shown in the pic ?

MrBrownstone

May 2, 2020
Maine
My Mudhugger FR install on the rear. By mounting to the chain stays, the guard moves relative to the pivot point and isn't lifted relative to the stays. When mounted to the seat stays, the lower portion of the guard lifts, relative to the chain stays, which can leave mud gathering above the pivots on the rubber guard. Mounted this way, the rubber guard almost becomes redundant, but the addition of the extender (seen at the top of the mudguard) means the linkages remain fully protected, even at full compression of the rear triangle. I run the same setup on my Kenevo, have done for around 8 months now, and it does an amazing job of keeping the linkages, shock, and motor housing really clean (compared to the rest of the bike). Plenty enough clearance for a 2.5" Aggressor.

View attachment 31806

LOVE that frame color.?

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Initial thoughts on mullet on my XL (typing with thumbs , sorry for stream of consciousness typing )

the good :

geo changes are great! Does not feel too slack, feels just right for what I ride generally. Bike seems more neutral and ready to attack. This feels more to do with the geo changes than wheel size.

lower bottom bracket height felt great in the turns. No pedal strikes on fairly chunky terrain

corners like a smaller bike but feels more stable than stock. Pretty cool actually

uphill switchbacks were easier. Climbing overall felt great

rear wheel felt more supple in some situations and less so in others. I think due to my lighter setup with this carbon wheel and lack of an insert helped here due to less unsrung mass.

neutral:

traction felt a bit less in some situations. Could be due to the tire / wheel combo more than the 29 vs 650b

bad
Felt like more rolling resistance on the road ride to the trails. This more feel than actual stats (same power output and speed according to garmin on this segment). Again this could be due to tire setup.

going to keep this setup for a while. It’s definitely fun! For longer xc or backcountry rides, 29er will probably be my preference still . Have another ride at a pedaly spot with lots of berm/jump/flow trails as well as some tech, but less steep than today’s. Will be a good comparison

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Fellas,

can someone confirm this is the right wheel set for the Levo SL S-works Matched with SRAMXG-1299 XX1 Eagle 12-Speed Cassette
I’d like another set of wheels/tires (racing ray/Ralph) for the dry hard packed trails here in Germany and the stock set for the wet days here in Germany

View attachment 31808

Thanks,
Yep, they'll work with what you want. Doesn't mention internal rim width, though you'll want around 30mm.

CJaMTB

May 9, 2020
Dartmoor
Initial thoughts on mullet on my XL (typing with thumbs , sorry for stream of consciousness typing )

the good :

geo changes are great! Does not feel too slack, feels just right for what I ride generally. Bike seems more neutral and ready to attack. This feels more to do with the geo changes than wheel size.

lower bottom bracket height felt great in the turns. No pedal strikes on fairly chunky terrain

corners like a smaller bike but feels more stable than stock. Pretty cool actually

uphill switchbacks were easier. Climbing overall felt great

rear wheel felt more supple in some situations and less so in others. I think due to my lighter setup with this carbon wheel and lack of an insert helped here due to less unsrung mass.

neutral:

traction felt a bit less in some situations. Could be due to the tire / wheel combo more than the 29 vs 650b

bad
Felt like more rolling resistance on the road ride to the trails. This more feel than actual stats (same power output and speed according to garmin on this segment). Again this could be due to tire setup.

going to keep this setup for a while. It’s definitely fun! For longer xc or backcountry rides, 29er will probably be my preference still . Have another ride at a pedaly spot with lots of berm/jump/flow trails as well as some tech, but less steep than today’s. Will be a good comparison
That's great, thanks for the detail ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I actually think a Kenevo or similar and an Sl is a great stable, there are times when nothing but the biggest baddest bruiser will do!

• Agree
Reactions: CjP

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles