Levo SL Gen 1 Official Levo SL Thread

CA_Surveyor

Jul 9, 2020
Nor Cal
Looking for some advice. I have about 150 miles on my SL. Bike is fun, been able to get 5,000’ pretty easy with the range extender. My delima is that I enjoy technical, fast downhill and miss the ”enduro” feel I’m used to. I weigh over 200lbs. Thinking about upgrading to a Fox 36 and a new rear shock but is that a bad idea? Should I just accept that it’s a good trail bike and not mess up the geometry? I’d hate to dump $1800 into a good trail bike and ruin it when could pick up a used FF or Kenevo for $5k or so.

Another question: Have you found that you can climb more technical terrain with the bigger Kenevo or Turbo? Seems like I run into a few spots where if I had more power / momentum I could clear, for example, a rocky uphill section that I find myself getting stuck on.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
You’re not gonna mess up the SL with suspension upgrade. You can run it slack or put the chip in High position and tighten it up. Yes, the full Levo gives you more than enough to clear just about any hill with momentum. FYI, I have both.

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
You’re not gonna mess up the SL with suspension upgrade. You can run it slack or put the chip in High position and tighten it up. Yes, the full Levo gives you more than enough to clear just about any hill with momentum. FYI, I have both.
another thing to try before spending on suspension is going to a 2.6 a tire front and maybe rear. The short chain stays make it nervous and the bigger tire seems to relax it a bit and definitely gives better roll over. The ff does seem a bit more comfortable at higher speed.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
My office for next 5 days. Finish lapland!
And yes, that is reindeers shit on rear wheel! ?

IMG_20200718_184234.jpg

IMG_20200718_184211.jpg

IMG_20200718_184848.jpg

IMG_20200718_184906.jpg

IMG_20200718_184917.jpg

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Here’s a great reason for having a ~17kg bike! After riding for 17 miles (900m elevation), and about 5miles from being back at the car, I reached a locked gate. No way round it, and 8ft fences into the distance. I had to scale the wobbly gate with my bike in 1 hand, then carefully lift it over the top... and down the other side whilst maintaining my balance.
Certainly wouldn’t have fancied doing that with a 23kg+ eMTB!

72F0919D-6FC1-4FE1-B57D-5ABE9A66ED7E.jpeg

SL-ED

Jun 14, 2020
Bay Area
Hi! Do you guys know if the Fox DHX2 coil shock fits without hitting the battery extender? I tried searching but not luck.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
Picking up my Levo SL Carbon Comp this week (the new green colour!). Looking for advice on upgrades before I pick it up. I’m going 220mm Magura rotors. Was thinking RockShox Lyrik Ultimate fork, maybe a bump to X01/XX1. This is my first eMTB, currently ride mainly my 2020 Enduro Expert. Do people feel the NX groupset is enough?

Very keen to hear thoughts on upgrades for this build for something that can handle a bit of everything with a slight enduro slant. Will also be used for commuting I’d imagine.
Thanks!

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
Picking up my Levo SL Carbon Comp this week (the new green colour!). Looking for advice on upgrades before I pick it up. I’m going 220mm Magura rotors. Was thinking RockShox Lyrik Ultimate fork, maybe a bump to X01/XX1. This is my first eMTB, currently ride mainly my 2020 Enduro Expert. Do people feel the NX groupset is enough?

Very keen to hear thoughts on upgrades for this build for something that can handle a bit of everything with a slight enduro slant. Will also be used for commuting I’d imagine.
Thanks!
Ride it like it is for awhile to find what you don't like, then start the (never ending) changes and upgrades.

TomH79

Jan 5, 2020
Finland
Quick evening spin up to levi ski resort and cool down roll down trough blue groove trail with xc tires(fast traks). Tires weight
only 540g so cant push them hard or they will burp.

ImSundee

Jan 20, 2020
Oxford
Done alot more riding on the Cascade upgrade link. Its made the rear end feel so much better, small bump feel is better, while hte bottom out feels bottomless. Now I just need to get the front to feel the same.

Manitunc

May 18, 2020
Florida
Just ordered the cascade link. Waiting on my wheels before I install fox 36 and Shimano xt drivetrain and brakes. Already installed carbon cranks.

s1desh0wb0b

Apr 25, 2020
Cambridge
Just ordered the cascade link. Waiting on my wheels before I install fox 36 and Shimano xt drivetrain and brakes. Already installed carbon cranks.

I would be very interested to hear you’re thoughts once you’ve had some ride time in on these upgrades.

I’ve been looking at the cascade link combined with a stiffer 160mm fork.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles