Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Razorrazoo

Oct 17, 2023
London
Well Ive basically finished up my build today, waiting on abit to re bleed the rear brake. Weights in at 18.9kg as is with what I'd class as a not overly weight conscious build

Took it for a spin up the road, so far so good 😂 hopefully I'll get to hit the trails next weekend!

View attachment 128289
Nice. I’ve just spent 4 hours doing invisiframe today. Just got to swap in and bleed brakes, change grips and tyres and fit pedals. And to think the bike arrived pretty much ready to ride 🙄

dirt-diggler

Oct 10, 2023
United Kingdom
That was the logic behind buying the frame only I guess, all these parts I had either spare or borrowed off my other bike so I could build it up how I wanted it straight away(hence the dirty wheels😂)

Might swap the lyrik out for a Zeb at some point, not a fan of fox forks

Razorrazoo

Oct 17, 2023
London
Nice. I’ve just spent 4 hours doing invisiframe today. Just got to swap in and bleed brakes, change grips and tyres and fit pedals. And to think the bike arrived pretty much ready to ride 🙄
I’ve got Hope Pro 4, GX AXS and Maxxis on my current bike which I’ve swapped out and chucked the original kit back in to sell (I’ll also chuck the new grip on the old bike to sell). I’ll keep the XO gears and brakes off the KSL as spares. Swapped out the stem and bars for OneUp kit, the stock bars are a weird shape and the stem is a bit long. There was no frame only on S3 or I’d have gone that way too.

Razorrazoo

Oct 17, 2023
London
I put mine over the top of it, then gave it a gentle blast with a heatgun to shrink it round it.
I've done that with my last 3 bikes.

Kind of the same as when I invisiframed my Trek Rail... and the T R E K decals were raised.
Thanks for the tip, worked a treat.

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
Thanks for the tip, worked a treat.
I need to do it again tonight…
I stripped the Invisiframe off my downtube and headtube to fit some new decals. Invisiframe sell single pieces if you ask (although I was about £60 for those 2 bits and it’s about £95 for a full kit!)… so I need to put them on.
I’ll now have the bump around the original frame protection, and probably around my new S-WORKS decals as they’re slightly raised.

I’ll be coming home tomorrow night with a borrowed heat gun from work 😂

Razorrazoo

Oct 17, 2023
London
I need to do it again tonight…
I stripped the Invisiframe off my downtube and headtube to fit some new decals. Invisiframe sell single pieces if you ask (although I was about £60 for those 2 bits and it’s about £95 for a full kit!)… so I need to put them on.
I’ll now have the bump around the original frame protection, and probably around my new S-WORKS decals as they’re slightly raised.

I’ll be coming home tomorrow night with a borrowed heat gun from work 😂
I just borrowed my wife’s hairdryer.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
That was the logic behind buying the frame only I guess, all these parts I had either spare or borrowed off my other bike so I could build it up how I wanted it straight away(hence the dirty wheels😂)

Might swap the lyrik out for a Zeb at some point, not a fan of fox forks
Ohlins are better and cost more!

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
1699375676944.png

1699375738415.png

As you can see, it's completely different to the outgoing KSL...

It's also (slightly) less expensive...

Rich-H

Apr 3, 2023
Hampshire
View attachment 128454
View attachment 128455

As you can see, it's completely different to the outgoing KSL...

It's also (slightly) less expensive...
That looks familiar! 😁

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Omg! 38s and a new motor. It’s basically perfect now.

Anyone want to buy my ksl?

Razorrazoo

Oct 17, 2023
London
The resale of KSL 1s will be about 4 quid now ffs
Well I just got my Expert for £4650. Swapped in my existing Hope Brakes and GX AXS (sadly not T Type) and got a deal on. a new 42mm OneUp stem and carbon bar (the OE bar shape is horrid), all in under £4800 for that better spec with new spare brakes and XO mech and shifter left over (swapped in older spare kit on my old bike for resale). So I'm still happy enough.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
6K RRP for the S-Works frameset.
Any discounts will depend on stock levels I guess. The SW Levo SL 2 framesets have been as rare as Rocking Horse sh*t.

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
I’ve always found it best to buy an S-Works frameset and move your parts over, sell the old frame.
I guess it comes down to what bike/parts you have currently. Also get the RE if you need one. Comp parts are generally a bit weak and a pain to sell.
Each to their own I guess

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I believe (happy to be corrected) that the only advantage to buying the old S-Works frame over a Comp was carbon cranks, the frame is identical other than the paint scheme. I couldn't give two hoots for the S-Works badge personally, I'd rather have the money than any perceived kudos.

Comp parts are generally a bit weak and a pain to sell.
I know several people who've had no problem selling their 36 Rhythm forks and I wouldn't describe GX kit as "weak", although the brakes are trash. You could always stick them in the shed for when it's time to sell.
As you say though;
Each to their own

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
I wonder when any stock of any model will load up on the UK website, probably only be drive and drabs to start with.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles