Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
I fancied a bit of a trail bike to go with my kenevo FF And Kenevo sl, so picked up a new Levo sl gen2 comp, but fancied having the more powerful motor in the KSL so did a full internals swap (tech, motor and battery). Took about 30mins, didn’t even need to remove the chain rings. I now have a quiter and noticeably more powerful KSL :), and a less powerful but lighter Levo sl Gen 2. Happy days, KSl with the 1.2 and The t-type transmission has me falling back in love with the bike. The original KSl bashguard fits well with some minor modifications.

View attachment 124011

Im sure spesh will be dropping kenevo sls with the revised motor next year/late this year. Price back up to the roofs though

Reactions: Dax

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
I have a feeling it's just gonna be dropped in

Agreed. You would think theyd make a point that its got the new whisper quite (not true) faster motor in to add to the selling point but i can see them just dropping it in the description on the new colour ways, maybe adding a G2 next to it like they did with the levos (G3)

LtotheC

Dec 1, 2020
Pau / France
Hello guys,

I upgraded the stock rear shock for a X2 Factory. I m a big guy, 100kg (around 220 lb) and use the bike on enduro trails.
Any advice on the settings ?
Looks like 210 psi is fine to set up the sag but I dont have any clue for the HSR, LSR etc

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Hello guys,

I upgraded the stock rear shock for a X2 Factory. I m a big guy, 100kg (around 220 lb) and use the bike on enduro trails.
Looks like 210 psi is fine to set up the sag but I dont have any clue for the HSR, LSR etc
210 psi sounds pretty low. I weigh 75 kg with riding gear and have 210 psi.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
100kg person would be above 250+ PSI point. The current X2 can take such pressure (for years 250 was limit due to frequent exploding.. then 300 PSI revision came).
I am 88kg and use 240 PSI on it. It's still fairly soft, cushy ride.

Redders473

Jul 30, 2020
Leeds
My walk mode doesn't even spin the wheel is it new motor time everything else feels fine but on my levo you don't really realise how bad the motor is until it gets replaced and you get a new one.

nicknameless

Aug 14, 2020
Birmingham
Hello guys,

210 pain very low. I am a similar and currently have 280 psi. How are you setting sag? How many mm to get sag?

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Anyone has swapped Turbo Levo to kenevo SL? I have 2021 Levo Comp and i'm planning to SL. Levo SL or Kenevo SL.
Is it "big" change from Levo to Kenevo? I'm not riding at parks, enduro oriented trail-riding mostly.

Better choose the Levo SL over Kenevo? Levo has 1.2 motor, that is a big advantage? Is it?

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Anyone has swapped Turbo Levo to kenevo SL? I have 2021 Levo Comp and i'm planning to SL. Levo SL or Kenevo SL.
Is it "big" change from Levo to Kenevo? I'm not riding at parks, enduro oriented trail-riding mostly.

Better choose the Levo SL over Kenevo? Levo has 1.2 motor, that is a big advantage? Is it?
I went the opposite direction. I bought a Kenevo SL on February 3 this year, and rode it until around mid April. I put about 400 km on it. But then I wanted a Levo, so I bought a Levo and started riding that. I never went back to the Kenevo SL. I know have over 600 km on my Levo. I'm thinking of selling my Kenevo SL. Maybe get a new Kenevo SL if they put the new SL 1.2 motor in it. What I like about the Levo is the power - 90 Nm. But, I like the Kenevo SL's handling and stablity, with 170mm suspension. It's a lot more stable down steep hills or rocky stuff than the Levo.

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK

I've never parted ways with my FF...but i've owned every specialized SL model including the latest mk2. All of them have been sold now, i kept the levo sl mk1 the longest, I rode this bike so much, it had great battery range for the power.

I would have kept the levo sl mk2 if i got the right size, as it was a great bike though i found i had to watch my range alot more than on the mk1.

I always go back to my FF as all my friends have FF's and i love self shuttling at parks. Yes, you can do it on the SL's, but it is a grind. It depends on the type of rider you are, if i didnt have a normal bike i would keep an sl but for me, if i am riding ebike i want it to be a full ebike experience, its a day focused on descents and fun.

Last edited:

Geniusbiker

Jan 13, 2021
Germany
Im sure spesh will be dropping kenevo sls with the revised motor next year/late this year. Price back up to the roofs though
My Specialized Dealer told me a few weeks ago that he received the list of new models for 2024, but that he was not allowed to tell me anything that was part on this list.

But he was allowed to tell me what was not part on this list: a new KSL.

cañonaco

Feb 3, 2020
España
After going through Kenevo Gen1 and Gen2, Levo Gen3 Expert+Cascade and KSL. I have put the KSL that I have at home up for sale because I have fallen in love with my new Levo SL2 Pro.

The engine is much quieter and more powerful, except in TURBO where it is only a little more powerful. The rear suspension is magnificent and so is the overall balance of the bike.

In S4 with Cushcore, pedals and real tires it weighs 18.6 k.

It consumes battery the same as the KSL.

It handles like a bike without a motor……. a dream!

I will not buy an FF bike again.

The new KSL2 will be launched in early November, and it's going to be amazing too.

Last edited:

Ribinrobin

Subscriber
Apr 16, 2021
Berkshire, UK
My Specialized Dealer told me a few weeks ago that he received the list of new models for 2024, but that he was not allowed to tell me anything that was part on this list.

But he was allowed to tell me what was not part on this list: a new KSL.
Well technically it’s not new it just has a different motor. There’s already photos of it in one the other threads on a Malaysian specialized site (might be different country)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Im almost tempted to buy a new SL kids bike and swap the motor, just to cut the noise 😂
Then sell the Kids bike with the 1.1 to @Doomanic .

Should be easy, just tell him it's newest fastest super coolest thing ever. It's manoeuvrable, light, easier to get in the car and doesn't hurt as much when it lands on you when you crash.

Don't tell him it's a Spesh though. Re-badge it, stick some BMX bars on it and tell him it's a restomod of a 1970's Raleigh Grifter. Throw in a bit of 70's sales pitch like "The Chicks Dig it" .. and he'll be all over it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles