Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

CruJones

Nov 24, 2021
USA
Are the brakes on these bikes that bad? My yellow KSL arrives tomorrow and I'm worried!
They aren't that bad when you maintain them. I find that the most annoying thing. However, some people just prefer to the feel of other brands, so swap them out.

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
I know most people hate the included dropper. And that most common suggestion is the One up due to it's short insertion length. Would a Bike Yolk revive do the trick as well?

Pete N

May 10, 2020
Surrey
I’ve just found this thread after being asked by CJP to see what power I was drawing from my Gen 2 LSL. I’m happy to post hardware and firmware numbers if required to help those not getting the full power to get it resolved.
For the record, my Gen 2 felt noticeably more powerful straight away when compared to my Gen 1. In fact , Turbo 100/100 felt the bike was running away from me a bit! Screenshot from recording whilst riding. The battery was charged to 80% and I could probably have given it a bit more effort. Bike was ‘shop plug in’ updated from new as the mastermind said it was required.

View attachment 122357
Have any of those struggling to get the full power out of their 1.2 motors managed to get it resolved?
I do have a friend who works at Specialized UK and can raise it with him if things are yet to resolve for those affected.

Hitorogoshi

May 19, 2020
South Africa
Are the brakes on these bikes that bad? My yellow KSL arrives tomorrow and I'm worried!
when it comes to the SRAM and stopping power it's all about your rotors. Get yourself 220 rotors front and back, more specifically the HS2 Rotors from SRAM. Makes a huge difference to stopping power. Change the pads while you're at it too.

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
I run the 220mm HS2 rotors back and front on my KSL. It's improvement, and I would run them with any brakes to be honest, but it's not a true solution, rather a compensation. I also run Trickstuff 840 Power pads on front, the most powerful organic pads on market which improves the bite point substantially, but they last but a moment, so on rear I run metallic pads.
The whole combination is kind of ok-ish for my 90KG weight, but laughably tragic the moment I add my 16kg toddler on macride seat.

A real powerful brake like Trickstuff Maxima will still have better total stopping power even with 180mm rotor, the issue isn't rotors in first place, the brake system itself is weak.
The thing is, the brakes with good pads and big rotors are adequate, already on your bike, easy to service, easy to buy replacement in every shop and bikepark around planet. So unless you have spare cash or are building dream project, there isn't powerful reason to replace them from get go.

But yeah, even with best pads and rotors in world, it's such a mediocre product :- ).

At least the RS and RSC levers have swing-link and bearings, so they're nicely soft and smooth, but the basic R that came on my just suck fully. Upgrading the levers cost half the price of new brake system and for example Hope are now rather reasonably priced.

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
I run the 220mm HS2 rotors back and front on my KSL. It's improvement, and I would run them with any brakes to be honest, but it's not a true solution, rather a compensation. I also run Trickstuff 840 Power pads on front, the most powerful organic pads on market which improves the bite point substantially, but they last but a moment, so on rear I run metallic pads.
The whole combination is kind of ok-ish for my 90KG weight, but laughably tragic the moment I add my 16kg toddler on macride seat.

A real powerful brake like Trickstuff Maxima will still have better total stopping power even with 180mm rotor, the issue isn't rotors in first place, the brake system itself is weak.
The thing is, the brakes with good pads and big rotors are adequate, already on your bike, easy to service, easy to buy replacement in every shop and bikepark around planet. So unless you have spare cash or are building dream project, there isn't powerful reason to replace them from get go.

But yeah, even with best pads and rotors in world, it's such a mediocre product :- ).

At least the RS and RSC levers have swing-link and bearings, so they're nicely soft and smooth, but the basic R that came on my just suck fully. Upgrading the levers cost half the price of new brake system and for example Hope are now rather reasonably priced.
Great info, thanks. On the MacRide, did you have to get the ebike adaptor? I used the macride with my Ripmo, but wanna try it out with the KSL. Since the bike isnt full fat, don't know if I will need the adaptor.

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
1 day old Ksl giving me remote issues.

The remote is glitching. It will randomly stop working. After some time and turning off and on the TCU it will work again. And just now it engaged walk mode on its own and didn't let me turn it off.

Thoughts?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Take out the TCU and disconnect the plugs under it. Reconnect and see if that helps. If not, it's warranty time.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Ok I have more info. If I wiggle the TCU the remote works. If I wiggle it the other way, walk mode activates.
I had similar issues on a levo Gen 2 jumping between modes. The wire going into the remote had been stretched (probably during transport in a mates van). I had to get a new one. Disconnecting the remote from the TCU I could operate from the TCU button but that’s the old style 10 led version.

Oct 5, 2021
Malaysia
I fancied a bit of a trail bike to go with my kenevo FF And Kenevo sl, so picked up a new Levo sl gen2 comp, but fancied having the more powerful motor in the KSL so did a full internals swap (tech, motor and battery). Took about 30mins, didn’t even need to remove the chain rings. I now have a quiter and noticeably more powerful KSL :), and a less powerful but lighter Levo sl Gen 2. Happy days, KSl with the 1.2 and The t-type transmission has me falling back in love with the bike. The original KSl bashguard fits well with some minor modifications.

IMG_0496.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles