Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Feb 18, 2021
Central Switzerland
PXL_20220820_071112213.MP.jpg

Just installed the new Zeb ultimate and taking it for a first ride today. Whats your Settings on this fork? Are Rockshox's Tipps accurate..?

Kenevieve

Sep 21, 2021
Perämettä
Go to Öhlins web-site an use this: Öhlins Performance Suspension Guide. They have bike specific settings and calculator for fork and rear shock. At least for my RXF 38 the recommended air spring settings were spot on.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Question for the Coil crowd... What spring rate are you running? I am mounting an Ohlins TTX22m up.

@ 180lbs RTR, I am thinking 480#.

Thanks
I am running the same shock and use a 18077-14 548 lbs/in with 1/2 turn of preload. I weigh 190ish with gear. My bike is setup mullet.

johned

Jul 30, 2022
UK
Anyone know what the units are for the KSL Jump Stats?
I've got my bike set to Imperial units, not Metric.
Last jump was reported at 137.1. I'm pretty sure I'd put myself in hospital if that was measured in feet ;-)
Thanks very much,
John

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Last jump was reported at 137.1. I'm pretty sure I'd put myself in hospital if that was measured in feet ;-)
Thanks very much,
John
Do you have the three fields? Jump number, duration and distance? Maybe the 137 is the number of jumps you did on the ride although I'm not sure about the .1

johned

Jul 30, 2022
UK
Do you have the three fields? Jump number, duration and distance? Maybe the 137 is the number of jumps you did on the ride although I'm not sure about the .1
Thanks for the quick response.
Yes, I do have the 3 fields.
This is definitely the distance field
J

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
Advice please on crank lengths for a S5.

A mate is just getting a S5, is 6/2.5 78 kg, long legs, shop has offered 170 or 160. 165 not available through this shop at this time. What have you found to work best? Thanks.

Feb 18, 2021
Central Switzerland
Thanks very much,
John
Specialized has a Tutorial on their Website: Record your rides

Even for the US it says meters there. On another Website I just read that the Speed before takeoff and the time in the Air are being used to calculate the horizontal jump distance. Theres no GPS or so measuring that distance.
So, you just flew down a giant Big Air ramp...?
Or you did a wheelie/manual before and after the jump..? Or it just measured a manual as a jump..

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Advice please on crank lengths for a S5.

A mate is just getting a S5, is 6/2.5 78 kg, long legs, shop has offered 170 or 160. 165 not available through this shop at this time. What have you found to work best? Thanks.
I'm on an S4 with 160 cranks. 170 cranks are too long if you ride rocky terrain and need to pedal through chunk.

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
Hi, have you received any feedback from the shop? mine is pretty much the same and looks/sounds normal to me...
I have decided against taking it to the shop yet.

With all the rumors about a new SL Motor and battery coming out soon and it being compatible with the "old" KSL I'm gonna wait until next year this time. I'm hoping that the rumors are true and that Specialized will not have a motor for me anymore, having then to offer the new one as a spare part.

h3ld

Aug 30, 2020
Heidelberg
Has anyone equipped their KSL with a new RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RC2T DebonAir+ 2023? Impressions? Does it fit properly?

johned

Jul 30, 2022
UK
Specialized has a Tutorial on their Website: Record your rides

Even for the US it says meters there. On another Website I just read that the Speed before takeoff and the time in the Air are being used to calculate the horizontal jump distance. Theres no GPS or so measuring that distance.
So, you just flew down a giant Big Air ramp...?
Or you did a wheelie/manual before and after the jump..? Or it just measured a manual as a jump..
Hi there,
Thanks very much for the heads up, I missed that it said meters.
It's definitely over estimating my ability to jump ;-)
Cheers,
J

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Hi there,
Thanks very much for the heads up, I missed that it said meters.
It's definitely over estimating my ability to jump ;-)
Cheers,
J
I just set mine up to measure my jumping activities. I can't wait to see if I am as excellent a jumper as you are ;)

oettam20

Mar 3, 2021
Lugano
Does anyone know if there is a Garmin watch out there that can record (that is read) all the data of the KSL like the Garmin Edge 130 can?
Hi, the Fenix 6 or 7 works well with the SL motor, but I think that also other Garmin watches can pair and display Specialized data fields…

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
My pal who is just building up his S5 asks the question what brakes? Standard are the Code R. Should he upgrade to Code RSC or something else like Hope, “Shaguras”, Magura etc.

Thanks.

MetroNeck

Aug 13, 2020
North Van
My pal who is just building up his S5 asks the question what brakes? Standard are the Code R. Should he upgrade to Code RSC or something else like Hope, “Shaguras”, Magura etc.

Thanks.

I was a SRAM guy for years, mostly because they are easy to bleed and maintain, but I now value being able to control my speed more…

I have extensive E-bike demo time over the past year, and all the bikes had various levels of the Code brake. Not a fan. I find them underpowered, and requiring too much force to activate, on steep tech trails.

Shiguras offer the most power, but can be a little finicky to set up (my typical spec).

Magura’s have good feel, but tough to get a good bleed, and can be a little flakey when going from high elevation (+9000’) to sea level.

Saints are probably the best balance of power, easy of bleed and set-up.

Also, most guys I know have swapped out their SRAM brakes on the emtbs.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD

Thanks.

Hope would be my go too. I've used code R for 4 years and come to love the modulation, but the ones on the KSL seem particularly disappointing as standard. Saints are way too grabby for me, outside of the alps anyway.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland

Thanks.
I might change first better rotors, because Sram Centerlines are not up to today's standard. Look Galfer or Sram HS2 rotors. When I changed to the quality rotor, I was even able to change the front rotor smaller. Retaining better braking power without the problem of overheating.

Remember that Code R and RSC brake calibers are same.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles