Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Erunza70

Jan 19, 2022
Piasco
Ciao, anche la mia è gialla, io la chiamo "la banana", mi piace molto sia in salita che ovviamente in discesa, cambiati freni, manopole, gomme e pignone 30 denti.
20220116_110901.jpg

boylagz

Nov 13, 2021
jcgo1985
Haven’t been following this thread, but just picked up a lightly used Kenevo SL s4 Expert build. Don’t love the yellow at initial impression, but maybe it will grow in me. Also plan to swap out the wheels, brakes, and cockpit before I take this bad boy out for a test ride. (Ignore the mess in the background, Lol).

View attachment 80687

Same exact feeling, I got a used yellow S3, less than 100mi on the odo, kinda like the banana now. Swapped a couple parts, went coil Jade X and rides waaay better.

HarzEnduro

Jan 23, 2022
Germany
I’ve just measured my S3 frame and AXS 30.9 170mm dropper. When fully inserted the measurement from the middle of the crank screw to the rails of the saddle is about 705mm. I think the S4 has a longer seat tube but the max insertion is the same.

Knowing your saddle height from the rails to the top you can calculate whether it fits or not.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Thought I’d share my build as I go. Even though I’m starting with a used frame, the first thing I always like to do is clean the frame and apply protection tape on the seat/chain stays where my heels could scuff. I used to cover every inch of the frame with some type of tape, but now I’m too lazy and don’t care enough. Also put some mastic tape where the rear brake line is routed to keep it from tapping on the frame as I bounce down the trail. Would recommend both these product as they peel right off with no residue. More interesting updates to come in the near future.
55899155-304F-441D-B427-E04370E44652.jpeg

E298F12D-2900-4D8F-A19E-D17146240456.jpeg

F99A6573-45AA-490B-9E83-340EC79E778D.jpeg

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
What are your thoughts on the rumours regarding a new LSL with an updated Mahle motor (50-60nm) supposedly landing in May/June?

Personally I would be very surprised to see Specialized outdate the KSL after less than a year. I think a drop in or downloadable upgrade for current KSL/LSL owners would be more likely but you never know!

Would such a release impact your feelings towards your KSL purchase?

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'm pretty happy with the motor as it is. If I want more power I'll take the Rail instead. More power will mean less range or a bigger battery and more weight, unless Spesh have worked out how the change the laws of physics.

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
I can see a new SL coming but whether it will be to compete with the KSL I’m not so sure. Also how much weight does an eeb SL need before it’s competing with older Levos that have shed a few pounds?

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
The Kenevo SL could comfortably have a little more power without too much range drop.
As it is the bike has more than enough power but it would be nice to have a little more in reserve to better hang with the FF ebikes. Maybe a larger capacity extender with a touch more power would solve that range issue.
I am getting more range than FF bikes at similar power levels so bump in power wouldn’t be the end of the world.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Threw on my spare wheel set of EX511’s/350 hubs. Changed out the cockpit because I dislike 35mm diameter bars. Also replaced the specialized swat tool with the OneUp. Unfortunately last week before I was gonna take it out for the first ride, I broke off the fork air valve inside the air pump. And these are not available for individual sale anywhere in the US. My bike shop if working on getting one from Fox, and if that doesn’t work out quickly I guess I’ll get the mrp ramp control cartridge which will work. Already 2 weekends went by and haven’t even gotten out to ride the bike yet.

1677DEDA-B569-413D-827B-53DDC26B380A.jpeg

389A892B-37B3-4A1E-95AD-C627A590EBDF.jpeg

AAD7D3AD-D318-439B-A812-3D96D2030EAF.jpeg

Blownoutrides

Mar 22, 2021
USA
What are your thoughts on the rumours regarding a new LSL with an updated Mahle motor (50-60nm) supposedly landing in May/June?

Personally I would be very surprised to see Specialized outdate the KSL after less than a year. I think a drop in or downloadable upgrade for current KSL/LSL owners would be more likely but you never know!

Would such a release impact your feelings towards your KSL purchase?

I’d take a quieter motor over a more powerful one. Once I realized it sounds like an RC car I couldn’t un-hear it.

dfkenevo

Aug 13, 2018
Truckee, Ca
1643698578412.png

1643698739332.png

Jus got my new Kenevo SL Comp S3.
I'm coming from 2 seasons on the original Kenevo Expert and 2 seasons on a Levo Expert, which I haven 't sold yet but I will soon!
I've done a couple of changes; DVO Onyx fork, Code's RSC, BikeYoke Reverv seat post, (the stock is too long for me) waiting for a set of carbon wheels and maybe I will get a DVO Jade X, we'll see!.
The first two rides were positive, the bike is definitely a BEAST on rough DH, like I was expecting to be, everybody knows that. I did ride almost 5,000ft of climbing and 22 miles with 43% battery left without RE so if I add the range extender I will manage decent long rides. I did the same ride a couple of weeks ago with the Levo and I can tell you that my legs where hurting way more at the end with the KSL for the obvious reason of less power. If I knew that I was going to have that much battery left I would have use more power, now I know!
Unfortunately I will have to wait for the snow to melt to test a few familiar steep, rock tech uphills to see if I can clear them with this bike like I do with the Levo. I'm not really confident because the torque is way lower, time will tell. One thing I know is that if I ride with my friends on FF bikes, even though they use Eco and Trail mostly all the time, I will struggle a bit, time will tell too but I'm optimistic that it won't kill me.
Anyway I felt that I wanted to share my first experience with you guys.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Threw on my spare wheel set of EX511’s/350 hubs. Changed out the cockpit because I dislike 35mm diameter bars. Also replaced the specialized swat tool with the OneUp. Unfortunately last week before I was gonna take it out for the first ride, I broke off the fork air valve inside the air pump. And these are not available for individual sale anywhere in the US. My bike shop if working on getting one from Fox, and if that doesn’t work out quickly I guess I’ll get the mrp ramp control cartridge which will work. Already 2 weekends went by and haven’t even gotten out to ride the bike yet.

Ugh. Shouldn't be so hard to get a small part like that.
DSD Runt is worth considering as an alternative: The RUNT for FOX 38 — Diaz Suspension Design

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Ugh. Shouldn't be so hard to get a small part like that.
DSD Runt is worth considering as an alternative: The RUNT for FOX 38 — Diaz Suspension Design
Unfortunately my local bike shop (which I have a great relationship with) said Fox was completely unhelpful and wanted to put me on a 3-4 week waitlist before they even looked at his warranty claim. So I’m just gonna buy the MRP ramp control device so I can actually get out and ride this bike ASAP. Runt looks sick, but even more money that I wasn’t planning on spending in the first place.

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
Interesting. The geo charts have it the other way around. Was it enough for you to size down? I am 6ft and comfortable on an S4 FF.
I'm 6 foot 1 and I have the S5, probably too big....maybe should have gone with S4 but it's fine. Do you ride trails or jump more? S4 sounds good 👍

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Interesting. The geo charts have it the other way around. Was it enough for you to size down? I am 6ft and comfortable on an S4 FF.
I have always been between M/L S3/S4
Last Kenevo was an S4 and it was just ok. Now I have gone an S3 on the KSL and I prefer it.
Just checked specs between S3 FF Kenevo and S3 Kenevo SL and its fack all difference.
At your height S4 would be bang on.

Tbar

Aug 18, 2019
Germany
Interesting KSL prototype posted on vital

If it is indeed a new Mahle motor as rumoured then it certainly looks like it would fit the current KSL. My untrained eye can’t spot any differences in that area anyway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles