Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Less chance of pedal strikes was the goal. Will now experiment with the adjustable geo. Head angle changed from the steep to the neutral setting with flip chip in high. Front centre just grew about 9mm (1290mm) and reach reduced by xx (I didn't measure it:geek:)

Keeping the suspension up in the stroke helps a lot to min peddle bash, so if you don't mind running a more stiffer setup or higher pressures, it'll help. Flip chip in high made it feel like the bike turns better,but I have little time with it in this setup. I always run it low. Would be interested in hearing feedback on slack vs neutral vs steep with the head angle changed.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
My 160mm Praxis carbon cranks turned up (alloy 470gms carbon 359gms for info) and I felt no difference at all riding the bike vs the 170mm cranks that come on the bike.
What! Really? I just changed from 170 to 160mm on my Levo SL And it's much different. There's less of a dead band as I dont have to push down as far. cadence is quicker so in the power band more, my feet sit on the pedals better as the spread distance is less when cranks are horizontal! I manged to get some Alloy cranks from a mate in the U.S who posted them to me here in the U.K?

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
What! Really? I just changed from 170 to 160mm on my Levo SL And it's much different. There's less of a dead band as I dont have to push down as far. cadence is quicker so in the power band more, my feet sit on the pedals better as the spread distance is less when cranks are horizontal! I manged to get some Alloy cranks from a mate in the U.S who posted them to me here in the U.K?
I was surprised too as I can notice small changes to geo and suspension but the cranks not so much.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I was surprised too as I can notice small changes to geo and suspension but the cranks not so much.
That's a shame. they have worked for me and I was very sceptical. Pedal strike was at the bottom of my list, and as you say they have made no real difference to that.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
That's a shame. they have worked for me and I was very sceptical. Pedal strike was at the bottom of my list, and as you say they have made no real difference to that.
To be clear when I said it made no difference to riding I meant power, feel, balance etc. It has 100% helped with keeping the pedals clear of the ground.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
With the AXS at 150 you might get some tire rub on the battery if it were any lower. That is how it is on my SL and wreckoning. They didn’t think much when putting the battery there.
Had the 150 on it previously and no rub on its lowest setting and that’s with 65mm stroke.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
I love this bike ?

Today was 26 km ride on trails which have a lot of rock and roots. Battery consumption 27% . Not so much elevation (about 400m), but trails goes all the time up and down. So no time to rest.
But this kind of trails I usually ride, so the bike is perfect for those trails.

It's a little bit under 1% per km.
Riding almost all the time Eco (25/50)

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
I love this bike ?

Today was 26 km ride on trails which have a lot of rock and roots. Battery consumption 27% . Not so much elevation (about 400m), but trails goes all the time up and down. So no time to rest.
But this kind of trails I usually ride, so the bike is perfect for those trails.

It's a little bit under 1% per km.
Riding almost all the time Eco (25/50)

I wasn't expecting it, but I was surprised at how good of a trail bike it is. And for DH it's insanely good. Just think, with some minor updates, it just gets better!

If they could only work on the weight of the bike, it would be nirvana.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I wasn't expecting it, but I was surprised at how good of a trail bike it is. And for DH it's insanely good. Just think, with some minor updates, it just gets better!

I think until components become lighter it will be impossible to drop the weight for a proper enduro bike, the frame weighs the same as the motor. Battery tech will remain the same but with more juice, motor tech will just add more power for the same weight. I think 18kg to 19kg is perfect weight for an ebike.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa

Off topic: Is your profile pic of RV from like 2008-ish?

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
I think until components become lighter it will be impossible to drop the weight for a proper enduro bike, the frame weighs the same as the motor. Battery tech will remain the same but with more juice, motor tech will just add more power for the same weight. I think 18kg to 19kg is perfect weight for an ebike.
Off topic: Is your profile pic of RV from like 2008-ish?

Yep, Glen Helen..

Last edited:

bepcav82

Aug 8, 2021
Italy
Good morning everyone!
Can anyone advise me which coil shox can be mounted on the kenevo sl? I already own the rockshox but I have read that it hits the frame and it doesn't fit…
Thank you!

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Good morning everyone!
Can anyone advise me which coil shox can be mounted on the kenevo sl? I already own the rockshox but I have read that it hits the frame and it doesn't fit…
Thank you!
Doesn't the Rockshox fit if you get the reservoir swapped to the smaller one? DVO Jade X fits too.
Push 11.6 coming.

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
On page 195 of the RS parts catalog (linked above by @ebikerider (thanks) - you will see the part number for different size reservoirs.
444DE889-348E-46F3-9290-38538F297CD9.jpeg

My shop installed the 62mm reservoir.
Loving it!

I have yet to try the stock 550 linear spring, but the MRP progressive 550+ spring is great so far.

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
I was measuring the width of the T7/T9's on the K-SL and while they are 29x2.3, they sure look and feel are more like 2.5/2.6's. I measured my Maxxis equivalents and the Butchers are beefier and have a wider footprint. Has anyone compared the ride performance with Maxxis's on the K-SL specially? Trying to gauge how different they roll. Buthchers for me have been solid with great traction thus far, but I have many Maxxi's tires and wheelsets in the garage.

Weight wise, if the numbers are correct, Butchers don't seem to be any heavier, but they sure look bigger and are wider in comparison.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
I’m looking at building one up, hoping someone can give me some of their experiences on sizing.
I’’m 189cm/6’2”, 87kg, currently on a 2020 Enduro S4 and Levo SL XL (Mullet, cascade link, 170mm fork). Looking for something more stable than my Levo SL.
Torn between S4 and S5. My riding is mainly fast-ish technical downhill, my thinking was since this is an e-mtb, I could size up without too much penalty. Just checked out the geo charts, the wheelbase of the S4 KSL is longer than that of the Enduro.

Has anyone my size and style had this same dilemma and were they happy/unhappy with their decision?

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
Finally got it out for a shakedown ride. Still have some tuning to do.

(Frick Park - Pittsburgh, PA)
View attachment 69031
View attachment 69032

Man, do like the blacked-out look of the S-Works. All I need is some carbon wheels and I'll have an equivalent S-Works...oh, not to mentioned, AXS and a higher end cassette. ;)

On a side note, I'm completely impressed with the Butchers. Stick like glue! A pleasant surprise.

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
On a side note, I'm completely impressed with the Butchers. Stick like glue! A pleasant surprise.

After yesterday's ride, that's the first thing I thought of... order new tires as soon as I get home. I wanted to like them, figured I'd give them a chance with the new rubber compounds, but the first corner I leaned the bike into they washed out (front and rear) and I almost went down lol. The rest of the ride I was sketched out from it, so I dialed it back, and they still slid on out on roots. Granted I still have the tubes in them but still running my normal air pressures, so maybe I should set them up tubeless and give them another go.

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
After yesterday's ride, that's the first thing I thought of... order new tires as soon as I get home. I wanted to like them, figured I'd give them a chance with the new rubber compounds, but the first corner I leaned the bike into they washed out (front and rear) and I almost went down lol. The rest of the ride I was sketched out from it, so I dialed it back, and they still slid on out on roots. Granted I still have the tubes in them but still running my normal air pressures, so maybe I should set them up tubeless and give them another go.

interesting that we are getting polar opposite results. I'm running tubeless, but hard to say how much difference this will make. I've been running 24/24 PSI - frt/rear. I've run Maxxis for years and the Butchers seem to grab better, but I've only run Maxxis on analog bikes.

Kinger

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver, BC
A184205E-E36A-4F8D-A373-718EF65070D1.jpeg

I went with DHR2 / cushcore front and rear.
EXO / MaxxGrip front
EXO + / Maxxterra rear

So far I really like this setup. Grip is there for sure. Rolling speed is faster and there’s a noticeable weight difference from the Michelin DH tires - even with cushcore added.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles