Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
interesting that we are getting polar opposite results. I'm running tubeless, but hard to say how much difference this will make. I've been running 24/24 PSI - frt/rear. I've run Maxxis for years and the Butchers seem to grab better, but I've only run Maxxis on analog bikes.
I did set them up tubeless before my ride today and while they did seem to feel better, I was showing a new rider a local trail system (and it was his first singletrack ride). So needless to say there were no sending jumps or smashing berms, we were going at a snail's pace lol. But he had a great ride. I haven't pulled them off yet, so I give them a few more proper rides.

For the data bits: Rowdy riding style, I'm 275 lbs and run normally 23F/26R but had 24F/28R in these when I had the tubes in since I was worried about pinch flats, not a huge difference.

Last edited:

KSL

Jul 10, 2021
SoCal
I think until components become lighter it will be impossible to drop the weight for a proper enduro bike, the frame weighs the same as the motor. Battery tech will remain the same but with more juice, motor tech will just add more power for the same weight. I think 18kg to 19kg is perfect weight for an ebike.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
It’s still a 2021 bike ! I was born in 1973 but don’t like odd numbers so I’m a 1974 model !
Get over it ??

Garry73

Jun 21, 2021
Somerset
Hi, I've recently purchased a KSL S-Works and will be taking it to the Cairngorms in a couple of weeks. I'm wandering what people are getting range wise with the extender? I'm going to be riding some big days 55km with 1200+ meters of climbing, as I've not fully tested the range yet I'm wondering if I should carry a 2nd extender in my backpack?

I have swapped the standard tyres to Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.6 Super Trail front and Big Betty 2.4 Super Gravity rear, both with cushcore inserts

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hi, I've recently purchased a KSL S-Works and will be taking it to the Cairngorms in a couple of weeks. I'm wandering what people are getting range wise with the extender? I'm going to be riding some big days 55km with 1200+ meters of climbing, as I've not fully tested the range yet I'm wondering if I should carry a 2nd extender in my backpack?

I have swapped the standard tyres to Schwalbe Magic Mary 2.6 Super Trail front and Big Betty 2.4 Super Gravity rear, both with cushcore inserts
You wont need the second range extender. The battery consumption with one extender is comparable to a Levo/Kenevo 700 w/h battery. The other day I got 67km/1100 elevation, bike weighs 20kg and I weigh 85kg.
If your turbo only and lazy cadence, maybe take the second extender so you don’t get any range anxiety.

Garry73

Jun 21, 2021
Somerset
You wont need the second range extender. The battery consumption with one extender is comparable to a Levo/Kenevo 700 w/h battery. The other day I got 67km/1100 elevation, bike weighs 20kg and I weigh 85kg.
If your turbo only and lazy cadence, maybe take the second extender so you don’t get any range anxiety.
Thanks, seems that we are the same weights. No happy to peddle as my other bike is a Santa Cruz Nomad, just needed the KSL for longer days out. I normal ride in Eco / Trail with the occasional turbo on steep hills, my tune is set to Eco 15/35, Trail 35/70, Turbo 70/100.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Thanks, seems that we are the same weights. No happy to peddle as my other bike is a Santa Cruz Nomad, just needed the KSL for longer days out. I normal ride in Eco / Trail with the occasional turbo on steep hills, my tune is set to Eco 15/35, Trail 35/70, Turbo 70/100.
Yeah in that case you will barely need an extender at all.
I have gotten 35km/1100 elevation with 9% battery(main only) remaining on just turbo. There were 2 or 3 nasty climbs in that one.
My settings are factory
35/35
60/60
100/100

I have yet to find a ride I need the second extender. My legs, ass and back are usually done before then.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
I’m looking at building one up, hoping someone can give me some of their experiences on sizing.
I’’m 189cm/6’2”, 87kg, currently on a 2020 Enduro S4 and Levo SL XL (Mullet, cascade link, 170mm fork). Looking for something more stable than my Levo SL.
Torn between S4 and S5. My riding is mainly fast-ish technical downhill, my thinking was since this is an e-mtb, I could size up without too much penalty. Just checked out the geo charts, the wheelbase of the S4 KSL is longer than that of the Enduro.

Has anyone my size and style had this same dilemma and were they happy/unhappy with their decision?
I am 6"1 and coming from an XL Levo SL. I am on the S4 KSL and find it fits well to a tad long in some of the geo modes. It's a big bike. Personally, unless you are intent on smashing DH laps only on the bike, it's so stable that you may be fine on the S4 if you like your S4 Enduro

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
I am 6"1 and coming from an XL Levo SL. I am on the S4 KSL and find it fits well to a tad long in some of the geo modes. It's a big bike. Personally, unless you are intent on smashing DH laps only on the bike, it's so stable that you may be fine on the S4 if you like your S4 Enduro
Thanks mate! That’s a big help.

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
So I've got to ask, is anyone else on the preorder list for the EXT e-STORIA?

I'll admit, I'm a huge fan of AVALANCHE and worked with him a lot over the years (very stoked with the AVA-Bomber CR on my Gen2 Kenevo) but I'm anxious to see what EXT does for me and my riding style. This Fox X2 has to go, not going to work for me at all.

bepcav82

Aug 8, 2021
Italy
So I've got to ask, is anyone else on the preorder list for the EXT e-STORIA?

I'll admit, I'm a huge fan of AVALANCHE and worked with him a lot over the years (very stoked with the AVA-Bomber CR on my Gen2 Kenevo) but I'm anxious to see what EXT does for me and my riding style. This Fox X2 has to go, not going to work for me at all.
I had EXT on my previous bike, simply the top for me...
Now I am waiting for the KSL and I have ordered EXT e-storia, the new model optimized for e-bikes.
I'll let you know how it goes. But I'm sure it works perfectly.
In the attached photo I made a photo montage with ext e-storia mounted... the look is good :love:

MPB_screen 2021-08-18 alle 12.44.10.jpg

Last edited:

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
what is the max insertion depth on the S3 seat tube? I have an AXS 170mm dropper and I'm wondering if it will slam all the way down?

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
what is the max insertion depth on the S3 seat tube? I have an AXS 170mm dropper and I'm wondering if it will slam all the way down?

It will not. I haven't measured, but I'm guessing it's about 190mm max insertion depth. My AXS 150mm fully inserted still has about 35mm to the collar. You'll have at least 55mm before the collar.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
It will not. I haven't measured, but I'm guessing it's about 190mm max insertion depth. My AXS 150mm fully inserted still has about 35mm to the collar. You'll have at least 55mm before the collar.
Spot on 58mm to the collar and I’ve lifted the post up a tad from touching the seat tube. At 5’10 it juuuuuust works for me. On climbs I have it fully extended. Cruising about 10mm down.

322624A9-72EB-48C5-80FD-D0EB219AF5C1.jpeg

Dave_B

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Aug 29, 2020
Newquay
thanks, with 170mm post, does the saddle feel completely out of the way when dropped?

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
I had EXT on my previous bike, simply the top for me...
Now I am waiting for the KSL and I have ordered EXT e-storia, the new model optimized for e-bikes.
I'll let you know how it goes. But I'm sure it works perfectly.
In the attached photo I made a photo montage with ext e-storia mounted... the look is good :love:

View attachment 69260
The Storia is a great shock, I have one on my Enduro. I’d say you really don’t need the eStoria. There’s no yoke etc to compound the forces through the shaft as in the Levo. Storia would be more than fine, shaft is 14mm diameter, quite a bit more than any of the competition I’ve seen.

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
The Storia is a great shock, I have one on my Enduro. I’d say you really don’t need the eStoria. There’s no yoke etc to compound the forces through the shaft as in the Levo. Storia would be more than fine, shaft is 14mm diameter, quite a bit more than any of the competition I’ve seen.
I'm 275lbs of 100% pure beefcake :LOL: that gets rowdy... there will be some forces alright, and I'll take all the help I can get!

BeefCake.jpg

Last edited:

bepcav82

Aug 8, 2021
Italy
It's good news that EXT story fits!
Unfortunately in my case I have to buy it new. For the small price difference I prefer to buy e-storia because it is optimized for e-bikes.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles