Kenevo SL Official 2022 Kenevo SL (KSL) Megathread!

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
overpriced underspeced underpowered .....
Here come the people that have to shit on everything
Overpriced? Value is subjective. It’s only worth what someone is willing to pay. I sold all of my first order in 20 minutes. But you know something? Some people just made better choices after high school
Underpeced? Sure they could have just thrown an EP8 or a Gen 4 Bosch on there, put on some bling forks, but that’s what everyone else does. Only a handful of brands do anything innovative
Underpowered? Only if you’re a total pussy

Last edited:

nobbyq

Feb 17, 2019
jersey
Here come the people that have to shit on everything
Overpriced? Value is subjective. It’s only worth what someone is willing to pay. I sold all of my first order in 20 minutes. But you something, some people just made better choices after high school
Underpeced? Sure they could have just thrown an EP8 or a Gen 4 Bosch on there, put on some bling forks, but that’s what everyone else does. Only a handful of brands do anything innovative
Underpowered? Only if you’re a total pussy
some people will never accept the truth because they so sucked in , bit like the vw transporter scene and overpricing for little in return ,and yes Ive had all of the said things .

soso79

Feb 19, 2021
Germany
Which Shock is in the Expert? X2 like pictures an Videos or Float x like Description?
If Float x i have to Order a ext immediately

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Nice, but not for me - still waiting for them to slap the Stumpy Evo geo on the regular SL, or just the new Levo geometry - any idea on when that might happen?

The pricing thing for me is nothing to do with whether the cost of the product is justified, its just that with the way pricing in general is going on EMTB's it makes bit a less accessible IMO.

I could go buy an S-Works but it just doesn't feel a comfortable level of money to spend for dorking about in the woods.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I think this, along with the original SL, are a niche within a niche compare to other lightweight offerings, in that they are competing against regular bikes rather than other Ebikes.

To me the interesting question here would be is the Kenevo SL actually a better bike to ride than the Enduro? Does that added weight actually improve it once pointed down.

For me the bike choice here isn’t Regular Kenevo or Kenevo SL, it’s Enduro or Kenevo SL

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
I think this, along with the original SL, are a niche within a niche compare to other lightweight offerings, in that they are competing against regular bikes rather than other Ebikes.

To me the interesting question here would be is the Kenevo SL actually a better bike to ride than the Enduro? Does that added weight actually improve it once pointed down.

For me the bike choice here isn’t Regular Kenevo or Kenevo SL, it’s Enduro or Kenevo SL
As someone who has an enduro, I can guarantee this Kenevo climbs faster with less energy, which at least for me would make the downhills more fun, even if it’s not actually “better”.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
Very nice looking bike , not for me tho

I owned the sl and as much as I loved that bike I found the motor to noisy and underpowered , especially when you compare it to other light weight ebikes like the orbea rise
I sold the sl for the two reasons above

I have never owned or ridden a Kenevo (I have a Levo) but I have always seen the kenevo as a more aggressive downhill enduro version of the Levo so not sure why someone looking for a bike like this would want the power the sl produced !!!!!!

I feel they would of been better getting that power up to 50nm

there a few people finding the Levo sl underpowered so Have a more Extreme orientated bike like the kenevo with this lower power i am not sure will be enough to keep people happy

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
S-works pricing, pictures, specs, geo :

Expert :

Frameset :

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I think its unfair to compare the Kenevo SL to the Enduro. Yes, they have similarities but its obvious that Spesh have taken feedback from alot of riders and have revised the platform (not just for the sake of the motor and battery).
One noticable difference is the slightly revised linkage placement which should stop stones and crud getting in between certain areas where the linkage would compress (afterall, it's full carbon).
In addition, I'm of the belief the battery is non-removable. Therefore travelling abroad could be a problem and running the Kenevo SL on a range extender tricky in terms of battery management.

? to Specialized for using a solid platform behind the Kenevo SL but in my view, the Enduro and the Kenevo SL (like the Stumpy and Levo) are two different bikes which both have their merits.

Oh and let's just put the fear mongering to rest here "ebikes will NEVER replace regular bikes"??

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Oh and let's just put the fear mongering to rest here "ebikes will NEVER replace regular bikes"??
Speak for yourself. With every new ebike that comes out I see less and less reason for owning high end regular bikes as well. Right now my main hesitation for not selling my enduro is travel by plane and certain races without an ebike class. As far as day to day riding goes, my ebike is just overall more enjoyable on every type of terrain.

Bencab

Feb 13, 2020
California
Banana Slug!

Kenevo SL.jpg

Kenevo SL2.jpg

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Speak for yourself. With every new ebike that comes out I see less and less reason for owning high end regular bikes as well. Right now my main hesitation for not selling my enduro is travel by plane and certain races without an ebike class. As far as day to day riding goes, my ebike is just overall more enjoyable on every type of terrain.
I disagree. The normal mtb is about 10 kg lighter.
Trail riding and jumping, pumping, moving, sliding and doing manuals and bunny hops is so much easier and more fun on a mtb. Mtb is not dead

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
That's cool rb. At the end of the day, I see no reason why both can't be accepted.
Maybe its because I'm into mountain biking more so than the mountain bike.
Whether you ride to compete against others, recreation, fitness etc. Any bike can be considered awesome.
FYI, I'd hang onto that Enduro my friend ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles