Kenevo Gen1 Official 2018/2019 Kenevo thread

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
He liked one of my posts on Thursday so he’s fine I think. Probably just avoiding you.

Can you ring the shop and offer to pay them to test it? Surely they can at least do that.
This is why you pay to buy from a shop!!

But I’m not your father so I’ll stop giving you lectures.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
He liked one of my posts on Thursday so he’s fine I think. Probably just avoiding you.

Can you ring the shop and offer to pay them to test it? Surely they can at least do that.
This is why you pay to buy from a shop!!

But I’m not your father so I’ll stop giving you lectures.

It's ok Dad .. it's all appreciated really ... Do you mind if we call you "Father Kenevo" ?

You can't blame him really can you ! I've tried avoiding myself, but before I know it, I'm there again.

I did go with an open mind and the view that I might have to pay for a test and I was happy with that. But they were so adamant that they wouldn't touch it, it felt like I was either being disrespectful or just dumb asking any further.

Just ran through my figures from yesterdays ride where I actually got some range .. based on bike weight, rider weight, rider power and power from the bike ... the bike literally just covered providing the power for the 14kg's that there would be on top of an analogue bike.... So yup, I might as well of just ridden an analogue bike. :)

Back to my theory from last weekend..... stop peeing around with super low eco settings to try and get some range .. just set it to normal, enjoy it and accept that it won't go very far... I've no idea why it's weird, it doesn't fit with any consistent logical patterns that don't leave me questioning myself. The ride I did yesterday used 30% of the battery in "trail" on the E8000. It used 60% in slog your guts out Eco setting on the Brose.

OK .. boring boring boring ... :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
One other thing I remember you said somewhere you "charged to full 41V"...is that right? Should be 42V innit? I don't charge to 100% all the time so I don't exactly recall the displayed voltage maybe 41.7V?

BTW just watching Guy Martin peddling 23mph on the long way to cross the desert highway in China in 2 days on a fixie. Is that you Z? :)

Damn, my cover is blown ... :) He's a cool dude ! I think he has Aspergers and ADHD ?! It can't be me, I just have DD - Deficit Disorder.

I'll have to check the voltage, but that does sound familiar .. At the time I thought that sounded right, rather than 38v for instance ..

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I prefer Lord Kenevo thanks.

Just ring them and ask them. They’re a Specialized shop, that’s their bloody job.
If anything they should be named and shamed for not helping you out!

You seem to be enjoying yourself testing all these theories out so as long as your riding you can keep complaining on here. I enjoy your posts. I love problem solving!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I prefer Lord Kenevo thanks.

Just ring them and ask them. They’re a Specialized shop, that’s their bloody job.
If anything they should be named and shamed for not helping you out!

You seem to be enjoying yourself testing all these theories out so as long as your riding you can keep complaining on here. I enjoy your posts. I love problem solving!

At once Lord Kenevo ..

Actually, this is how imagine you on your bike ... :)

lord.jpg

I think if that's their policy, then even though it's frustrating, I have to respect that. If there's an issue behind the scenes with Spesh letting people sell bikes though the internet and not putting the correct support in place behind the scenes, then that's for the shops and Spesh to bash out between themselves. They also seem very professional, so if I do actually buy another Spesh, I'd probably buy it from them. Looking at my bike purchase calendar, I've only got about another 9 weeks until it's time again.

It's a bit weird.. I also love problem solving and so I want to understand and prove what's going on with mine. On the flip side, I'm not hugely enjoying my rides pottering about testing super low eco settings. I almost had a cardiac arrest yesterday from boredom.

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hahaha that’s basically how I ride, with a cape that is. I do wear a lot of black too and I pant like he does when I finally stop.

I still don’t understand why the shop won’t take your money to try fix it, isn’t that what shops do in your country?

Just put the power back up and smash out short 25km ride as hard as possible. Most of my rides are between 25 to 35km anyway so really not that big a deal.
Maybe it’s time to upgrade to the new Kenevo? I mean Levo..

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Just checked on Blevo after a full charge.. 41.4v and 98% battery heath after 13 charge cycles.

And a flat tyre - the gods of tubeless have spoken ..

That seems ok & so sounding more like a mismatch between your installed versions of firmware, TCU, battery & motor.

Of course Cushcore is advisable with tubeless too

from Cycle Satiator Lithium Battery Charge Simulator
Screen Shot 2019-09-30 at 8.20.41 pm.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Just got my new rims!
Nice ! Are you planning on tyres too or just configuring for rail only use ?

It seemed quite amusing that after the slippy death high pressure experience that I decided I defo had to go tubeless for the next ride and now my tyre goes flat ! Isn't cushcore just a bit of polyurethane pipe insulation ? ?

Reactions: CjP

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Nice ! Are you planning on tyres too or just configuring for rail only use ?

It seemed quite amusing that after the slippy death high pressure experience that I decided I defo had to go tubeless for the next ride and now my tyre goes flat ! Isn't cushcore just a bit of polyurethane pipe insulation ? ?

Lol yes I’ve got eliminator for the front and butcher for the back. Both black diamond.
Tried an eliminator on the back last week and had pressures down to 16psi with no tire roll. Took two of us to get the black diamond on though. With the cushcores it was a nightmare but worth it.
Got some wider rims also. 45 back 40 front

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Lol yes I’ve got eliminator for the front and butcher for the back. Both black diamond.
Tried an eliminator on the back last week and had pressures down to 16psi with no tire roll. Took two of us to get the black diamond on though. With the cushcores it was a nightmare but worth it.
Got some wider rims also. 45 back 40 front
Got some more tubeless sealant. Getting tyres on the van, so threw the bike in the back incase I could drop it while the van tyres were done. Nope.. 5 days to do a tubeless conversion . ? Didn't have any cushcores so that saved me some money.. ? and will make things a lot easier putting my tyre back on..

Reactions: CjP

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Well the comp owners definitely get the better seat post! The 'wu' was acceptable but even slammed the nose stuck up 2 inches more than my DH bike and at extension was a little too low after fitting the 150mm cranks.
I was feeling flush after selling my 2019 Bronson last week so ordered the x-fusion manic.
Very nice, goes low enough and goes high enough. Perfect (y)
IMG_20190930_185027.jpg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Got some more tubeless sealant. Getting tyres on the van, so threw the bike in the back incase I could drop it while the van tyres were done. Nope.. 5 days to do a tubeless conversion . ? Didn't have any cushcores so that saved me some money.. ? and will make things a lot easier putting my tyre back on..
FYI my original Roval rims with shagged out butchers still have around 10psi in them. That Schwalbe sealant has worked a treat!
I took them off the bike around 4/5 months ago!
One you go tubeless you will never go back. I forgot what it’s like to have a puncture

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Well the comp owners definitely get the better seat post! The 'wu' was acceptable but even slammed the nose stuck up 2 inches more than my DH bike and at extension was a little too low after fitting the 150mm cranks.
I was feeling flush after selling my 2019 Bronson last week so ordered the x-fusion manic.
Very nice, goes low enough and goes high enough. Perfect (y)
View attachment 19362
Black Kenevo and Black DH! Nice!

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Noticed yesterday that I'd been a complete dumb ass on the rear mudguard. For some reason I presumed it was a fixed rear triangle in my head, but it's not is it ! so the bottom of the guard rises up as you compress the suspension ! Derrrrrr ...

Anyway .. saw these earlier "Bling your Kenevo sticker kits" .. might be old hat and everyone's already got one ... but new to me .. worldwide delivery. €85 or €55 for a clear protection set.

Kit deco, stickers and sticker Specialized Turbo Kenevo - IDgrafix.fr - Kit Déco

And a thicker plastic battery protector sticker..

Sticker protection Battery - Carbon-edition - Specialized Turbo Lev...

Niner09

Feb 3, 2019
Massachusetts, USA
Noticed yesterday that I'd been a complete dumb ass on the rear mudguard. For some reason I presumed it was a fixed rear triangle in my head, but it's not is it ! so the bottom of the guard rises up as you compress the suspension ! Derrrrrr ...

Anyway .. saw these earlier "Bling your Kenevo sticker kits" .. might be old hat and everyone's already got one ... but new to me .. worldwide delivery. €85 or €55 for a clear protection set.

Kit deco, stickers and sticker Specialized Turbo Kenevo - IDgrafix.fr - Kit Déco

And a thicker plastic battery protector sticker..

Sticker protection Battery - Carbon-edition - Specialized Turbo Lev...
Nice reminder! May have to get some for my rims to flash it out more!
8711D06E-1C4F-474E-AB16-76E6A38285B3.jpeg

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
[/URL]

Classic Zimmer!
Have you not yet taken out your rear spring so you can see how the rear ended cycles(pardon the pun)?
There’s a reason I have no rear guard.
I’ve trailed at least 5 different guards and it’s almost impossible to get full coverage. You will need something like that 2 piece Levo one in the other thread. Problem is with 2.8 tires there’s not much room. All my efforts were with a 2.6 tire and that wasn’t working.
Just a small guard off the bottom chain stay up to the underside of the seat stay is better than nothing. Covers most of the pivot section and stops heaps of crap piling up in that area.

20463605-647C-4029-AFDB-E1F4DBDF7D77.jpeg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Classic Zimmer!
Have you not yet taken out your rear spring so you can see how the rear ended cycles(pardon the pun)?

I know, what a total dope .. I knew I'd not had time to actually stand and admire the bike properly .. but not even noticing how the suspension works ..

Might have a play with a two piece version .. or try attaching a "Mud flap" to the bottom of the existing one, some 50mm webbing - something light and flexible which can't trap or rub.

Edit : hey, you've even got braided hoses ... you do love your baby !!

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Hahah well while I was upgrading the brakes I though why not.
As for the guards, you can use two of the one I have on mine and that would work fine.
Also check out this new guard from mucky nuts. I have it on the front and it works well.

You can maybe put this in the back up high and a smaller one down low.
I can try it for you if you’d like?

482E276B-5684-4658-A810-8C34AE246EAE.jpeg

7EA8290F-8903-4A73-864D-51F060B4C4FC.jpeg

79BAD8A9-2057-422F-8650-3BAD2F84D881.png

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
Ok a quick mock-up for you. My current 2.8 butcher measures at 3 inches wide on a 45mm rim and it just touches.
I didn’t trim anything or really tie it back properly so I think it could work.

928BE646-B78D-460D-BFEC-EA3CE065CDFF.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles