Not biking, but this made me laugh.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I was out with my wife in Nottingham and it was raining hard. I fished out the cheapo "just for emergencies" umbrella kept in the door pocket. It cost me about £7 and I hadn't used it before, been there for ages. It worked fine, but when we got to the restaurant it was dripping. There was large radiator next to our table, so I collapsed the brolly and laid it on there to dry off. After ten minutes or so I rotated it slightly to allow it to dry better. I must have pressed the button on the handle because the bloody thing suddenly erected itself! As it was doing so one of the dry bits contacted the candle on the table and caught fire! Stuff was swept off the table by the opening brolly, cascading onto my wife's lap. Meanwhile I was beating the brolly to extinguish the flames. It caused quite a stir. :ROFLMAO:

During the fire-fighting I had irreparably damaged several spokes and the brolly would neither close nor erect properly after that, plus a big ragged hole in it from the fire damage. £7 for one use, offset by the entertainment value of course! :)

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I was out with my wife in Nottingham and it was raining hard. I fished out the cheapo "just for emergencies" umbrella kept in the door pocket. It cost me about £7 and I hadn't used it before, been there for ages. It worked fine, but when we got to the restaurant it was dripping. There was large radiator next to our table, so I collapsed the brolly and laid it on there to dry off. After ten minutes or so I rotated it slightly to allow it to dry better. I must have pressed the button on the handle because the bloody thing suddenly erected itself! As it was doing so one of the dry bits contacted the candle on the table and caught fire! Stuff was swept off the table by the opening brolly, cascading onto my wife's lap. Meanwhile I was beating the brolly to extinguish the flames. It caused quite a stir. :ROFLMAO:

During the fire-fighting I had irreparably damaged several spokes and the brolly would neither close nor erect properly after that, plus a big ragged hole in it from the fire damage. £7 for one use, offset by the entertainment value of course! :)
There’s a lesson or moral in there …somewhere.??😬

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
mmm....not very waterproof, flammable and prone to breaking spokes.......now what bike brand was it???:unsure::censored::ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles