Nearly made it.

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
I'm currently feeling quite pleased with myself. The group ride this evening became a no show/go due to the weather, with people bailing out, but rather than waste the chance to head out, myself and a mate headed out to find some new routes instead.

Whilst doing so we also took in some familiar ones, one of which is shown in this Youtube clip. I'm feeling pleased with myself, as I took just two dabs to make it all the way up. I reckon that next time, I can make it with none.

We came across some brilliant new routes to ride, although the photos aren't so great due to the rubbish weather and poor light. Luckily the sun did show briefly as well. The Scott threw an error code and also dropped it's chain a few times, which was annoying on both counts.

t6a.jpg
t2a.jpg t3a.jpg t5a.jpg

wridea.jpg

Last edited:

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
More time spent searching out potential new trails. This time in one of the 500 acre private woodlands that I have sole use of.
I never tire of this small valley with its numerous streams and lake, and a hard packed down hill section of 1 mile on either side. All within 60 seconds of leaving home which makes it even better. :)

playground one.jpg

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r4.jpg

r3.jpg

r5.jpg

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
Early morning fun in the 2nd local playground, which at 500 acres is the same size as the 1st, which was shown a few days ago. Sadly this one does have two footpaths that run through it, but I only saw one person. The first playground shown above, is where the finish symbol is, and only a road separates the two.

I tend to use this woodland more during the winter months, as it stays relatively dry, and it is brilliant on the normal mtb, as whilst on a slope, the tracks can be ridden a way that flattens the hill, yet leaves some very fast down hill. This woodland has amazing potential, and I really need to get in there more and exploit it.

5001.jpg

zz1.jpg

zz2.jpg

zz5.jpg

View of the first playground, taken this morning from my house, with the second playground on the brow of the hill.

playground 1.jpg

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
There is also a further 1,600 acres of playground, but two of the best areas are both army camps. One of them offers some of the best winter riding available, and I used to use it for winter training during hours of darkness. Stupidly I one day went through on Sunday morning and haven't been brave enough to return!

This is a further playground that I venture into once or twice a week. I don't know how many acres that there are, but you can certainly spend many hours of fun the woodland, and there are countless hidden trails to ride.

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
A bit of Strava art.

I was looking back through one of my Instagram accounts, and had forgotten about this bit of fun.

Capture.JPG

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
Don't know how this clip passed me by. I had a brilliant time this evening playing around in these woods. One place that I never tire of, and made even tougher with the fading light. Very rare for me, I did come close to taking a tumble going down one very steep tree lined sand stone section not shown in either clip. One section that I definitely need to work on.

Same place as in the YT clip by Anna

Last edited:

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Still haven't figured out your secret bike stand! Some nice rides - whats the controller on the right of your bar, lights?

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
I must admit that I'm pretty spoilt for places to ride. From the trails that animals make, the trails that I make myself, open forest riding, to purpose built jump tracks that don't do it for me at all, to the brilliant woodland above.

Where possible I try to hide the stand within a photo, but more often than not, I clone it out. It has sort of become a stupid pet hate of mine. Daft I know.

The switch is indeed a remote for a light. It should go onto the grip, but gets in the way, so I added two more metal bar ends on the inner edge of the existing grip, and fixed the rubber band to that. The remote is actually a lot easier to use than fiddling around with the light unit, but I have lost one during a ride which was downer. Magicshine have been good to me though, and have supplied extra mounts and remote free of charge.

z3.jpg

z2.jpg

zz5a.jpg

Shown before altering the position of the remote.

zz1zz.jpg

Last edited:

EddieJ

Founding Member
May 1, 2018
Many thanks, so do I. :)

It is the first eMTB that I have owned and ridden, that I have not become bored of. There are occasions when I would like the comfort of an FS bike, but those occasions are so rare, that I'm in no hurry to change.

I am currently having one slight issue though, and you have prompted me to sort it out, and that is headset bearings. The lower race is an odd size, and I can't currently get hold of a bearing despite places advertising the size. The poor old thing is desperate for a set. The forks could really do with a rebuild as well, and as I currently have a couple of bikes knocking about, I really should pull my finger out and get it done. I'd like to do it myself, but cannot find either the oil capacity or air gap.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles