Levo Gen 2 Nordic warranty contact problem

Grugged

Apr 12, 2020
Oslo, Norway
Dear Specialized,

As a Turbo Levo owner who has now been without his bike for over five weeks during the prime summer season I have some questions for you.

1. Why you do not reply to retailers or customers?The bike shop I took my bike too had still not received any reply after 3 weeks. I personally wrote to Specialized but never received any reply.

2. Why does your phone number not work? Everytime i have rung your nordic number I have never gotten through. At worst this meant waiting over an hour on the phone without ever getting to speak to a person. I had to ring Specialized Europe in Holland who then had to write to the responsible person to ask them to follow-up. In all I have tried countless times without ever getting through.

3. Why do you break EU rules by forcing customers to pay the labour costs or removing and reinstalling motors despite this being a widespread problem. I was told by both Specialized in Holland and the local bike shop that I would be liable for these costs.

I would welcome answers to these questions since you have not replied to my previous communication. i love the Turbo Levo but your disastorous customer service has led me to question ever buying a Specialized product again.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Dear Specialized,

As a Turbo Levo owner who has now been without his bike for over five weeks during the prime summer season I have some questions for you.

1. Why you do not reply to retailers or customers?The bike shop I took my bike too had still not received any reply after 3 weeks. I personally wrote to Specialized but never received any reply.

2. Why does your phone number not work? Everytime i have rung your nordic number I have never gotten through. At worst this meant waiting over an hour on the phone without ever getting to speak to a person. I had to ring Specialized Europe in Holland who then had to write to the responsible person to ask them to follow-up. In all I have tried countless times without ever getting through.

3. Why do you break EU rules by forcing customers to pay the labour costs or removing and reinstalling motors despite this being a widespread problem. I was told by both Specialized in Holland and the local bike shop that I would be liable for these costs.

I would welcome answers to these questions since you have not replied to my previous communication. i love the Turbo Levo but your disastorous customer service has led me to question ever buying a Specialized product again.

Hi @Grugged. Firstly, sincere apologies for the long downtime and lack of response. Seems like you've been dealing with our Nordic team, I'll send you a PM to dig into these issues more personally but a quick answer for transparency: -

1. Recent events have been unprecedented but even with all of the Covid delays and workload increases you should be back on your bike after 3 weeks. This isn't right and we'll make it right.

2. We have changed a couple of phone systems across our wider EU network (to enable working from home) - hundreds of businesses had to do this at high speed and it sounds like something went wrong on a new system. Apologies, we'll fix it.

3. Labour charges are sometimes more complicated than they should be. Typically there should be no charge (see our own warranty policy) but the reality is that you're dealing with a retailer here and not with us directly. We'll do our best to support but it could be that the retailer is doing extra work that is well within their right to charge?

Will send you a PM to resolve.

Damon Hart

Nov 4, 2019
Brighton
And this is why I'm so pleased I have a specialized bike. The support I have had has been fantastic. Of course sometimes things go wrong. Present times are making things difficult. But look at the response. No messing we got it wrong, we'll get it sorted. Well done specialized ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles