Norco Site VLT

DeezNutzz

Jan 13, 2020
Temecula
Hello guys I saw a thread about this a while back but I can’t find it now. I recently bought a Norco Site VLT2 and I can’t get down a trail without chain drops, I’ve tried new derailer, chain, cassette, etc. I’ve bought the e13 chainguide specific for E8000 motor doesn’t come close of fitting. Has anyone in here figured out anything about this problem thank you. ?

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
And the Norco Range VLT uses an E13 Chainguide, not sure if this would work, and if it needs a specific bracket - I know the OEM shimano chain guid bracket doesn't fit on the Norco's due to how the motor is mounted in the frame

E*Thirteen

looks to be using this direct mount but not sure

Screenshot 2020-01-15 at 08.08.21.png

Screenshot 2020-01-15 at 08.11.43.png

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I get the occasional drop but only on the truly gnarly stuff, maybe I don't ride hard enough. One day I'm going to try the the after market job from the vlt thread but at the moment I can live with the odd drop.

I emailed norco a few months back and got this. I couldn't see how this would work without the special tool to remove the plate behind the cranks to fit it so gave up.

Thanks for reaching out regarding your Sight VLT. A few companies have started making chain guides compatible with the Shimano STePs system, but we have not yet had a chance to test them out. e13 is one brand that we would recommend, but again, we haven't tested for fit yet.
This is one of their products that should fit https://www.ethirteen.com/collections/all-chainguides/products/trs-2-bolt-chainguide?variant=29367286595687

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

DeezNutzz

Jan 13, 2020
Temecula
And the Norco Range VLT uses an E13 Chainguide, not sure if this would work, and if it needs a specific bracket - I know the OEM shimano chain guid bracket doesn't fit on the Norco's due to how the motor is mounted in the frame

E*Thirteen

looks to be using this direct mount but not sure

View attachment 24524

View attachment 24525
Awesome thanks for the reply but unfortunately this doesn’t fit as well

Shaun Joslin

Feb 23, 2020
Co7 0jq
Awesome thanks for the reply but unfortunately this doesn’t fit as well
Did you manage to source anything for the chain drop on your VLT2 as my VLT2 started dropping the chain too. Just riding down stairs or a slightly bumpy trail it comes off and is chipping the paint off of the frame. Really anoying having to keep stopping to put the chain back on. I have just purchased new cassette, chain and chain ring (34t) to see if this cures but i very much doubt it. Did you find a solution? Or is it going to have
to be a home made jobby.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
It probably doesn't help but I moved to 10 speed shimano drive train with an 11 speed XT derailleur and haven't had one drop chain since. Maybe it's the thicker 10 speed chain or the clutch in the XT derailleur is better than the Sram NX/GX Derailleur? (I tried both and both dropped chains)

Shaun Joslin

Feb 23, 2020
Co7 0jq
It probably doesn't help but I moved to 10 speed shimano drive train with an 11 speed XT derailleur and haven't had one drop chain since. Maybe it's the thicker 10 speed chain or the clutch in the XT derailleur is better than the Sram NX/GX Derailleur? (I tried both and both dropped chains)
Ok no problem, looks like I will have to make something Thanks for getting back to me ??

DeezNutzz

Jan 13, 2020
Temecula
Did you manage to source anything for the chain drop on your VLT2 as my VLT2 started dropping the chain too. Just riding down stairs or a slightly bumpy trail it comes off and is chipping the paint off of the frame. Really anoying having to keep stopping to put the chain back on. I have just purchased new cassette, chain and chain ring (34t) to see if this cures but i very much doubt it. Did you find a solution? Or is it going to have
to be a home made jobby.

sorry for the late reply brotha but I literally couldn’t find a fix for it and this had to let it go

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles