Noisy Magic Mary

Winger

May 28, 2020
Birmingham
Used MM/BB combo for some time buy a new pair fit them...jeez the noise from the MM was ridiculous on anything but mud, re-fitted the old MM and silence....bought another new MM to make sure I wasn’t dreaming and that is all good....anyone else out there had the same problem.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
changed my assegai recently to a MM and didnt notice any change in noise. if anything its quieter cos the assegai was a maxxgrip and on hardpack it was noisy

Winger

May 28, 2020
Birmingham
Looks like I really need to pay attention at the back of the room....see their are 3 different types of MM’s....

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
Used MM/BB combo for some time buy a new pair fit them...jeez the noise from the MM was ridiculous on anything but mud, re-fitted the old MM and silence....bought another new MM to make sure I wasn’t dreaming and that is all good....anyone else out there had the same problem.

I have a similar experience.... MM on the rear on tarmac climbs is way noisier than the Hans Dampf. I've kinda got used to it now - it gets noticed with other people I ride with too on those climbs. I never notice it on any other surface.

I like to think of it as the sound of grip and traction (or the sound of rolling resistance and energy inefficiency :LOL: )

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I'm not really sure why tyre sound would be an issue. What are you listening for otherwise. The wind in the trees or the chirping of birds ? :confused:

mike172

May 12, 2021
Surrey
Try an Ultrasoft, you'll love that :) - I dont think the MM is noisy and Ive had them on two bikes for 2+ years (current gen and previous, 2.4 and 2.6). Love them, although l might prefer the Assegai DD....

I found the big betty (orange) very noisy and very draggy on an analogue bike. I did try it on the Levo but not sure about it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles