Noise Shimano motor E8000 new Neuron:On

janh

Jul 28, 2020
Beauvechain
Hi all , I have received my new Neuron:On 2020 model. Besides the known issue with the wrongful mileage I also notice the motor is making a lot more noise compared to the 2019 model. Since I have the two bike I can easily compare. Any one with the same issue/remark? Local Canyon service point said it could be due to changes made in the motor (more torque output). I did not read anything on motor updates on the new Neuron which could lead to a significant increase in motor noise. Looking forward to hear if any one else experienced the same.

jlnevill

Jul 27, 2020
UK
Hi, My new Neuron:On motor sounds identical to my partner's Grand Canyon:On, both have 4.8 firmware.

However, mine was making an intermittent grating noise, so I removed the chain and rear derailleur and immediately found the hanger bolt loose. This caused the derailleur to fold in and scuff. Clearly, Canyon builds need a good going over before use.

Do you have the same mileage issue?

I've bounced a few emails off to Canyon...still no reply. Tried their web chat and got told to email them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles