Niner WFO e9...quick review

MOTO13

Sep 16, 2020
Elkhorn, Wi
niner1.jpg
niner2.jpg
niner3.jpg

I bought the Niner WFO e9 in December '21. Only rode it on frozen snow a couple times during the cold months here in the Mid West. Yesterday, I finally had good dry single track (dirt, some rocks and lots of roots) to give it a decent hammer. First of all, this is not a light bike. Especially in the rear. It tips the scales at around 54lbs. It is a 180mm bike fr/rr with a Zeb R fork and Marzocchi (Fox owned) coil rear. The Bosch CX motor is a friggin a thing of beauty. It pulls this bike with zero problem. The Purion display is an unmitigated hunk of shit. Luckily you only really need to set it on emtb mode and then you can forget about the friggin display. I ended up having a slightly loose head so I had a bit of chatter that I thought was fork related. The fork is decent...air compression and rebound are the only adjustments. Overall, the bike does exactly what I thought, it's a bomber and an extremely good climber. I never slipped a tire up some pretty steep terrain with trees, LOTS of roots and turns in the climbs...never even spun once. Just climbed without hesitation. The tires are Big Betty and E Current fr/rr. The tires are outstanding in grip and pull. The bike turned great and held line with no push or any drama. The weight of the bike is a non factor in my mind once you get moving and where I ride, there are lots of turns and some pretty techy areas. It jumps great. I hit a 3' downhill drop and it landed plush and did not bottom out. The brakes are decent..Sram Guide. Compared to my bike with Magura MT7's, these brakes are a kinda decent, but nothing to get excited about. I rode a section of downhill where it's 100% rock/gravel and the bike was like riding a couch. It was STABLE. At the bottom of the downhill section there is a HARD left turn you better brake hard for because if you screw up, there are several large trees that will aid in stopping you. I had to brake earlier than I like with these Sram's to avoid meeting the trees first hand. I rode for about 2 hours and barely used 1 battery bar. I don't know the miles because I refuse to look at the god dam display. Don't let the weight fool you, this bike is a great piece. This is not a bike you can bunny hop easily, but it is very agile due to the mullet layout. Overall, I dig the bike a lot.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles