Newish to the ebike world

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
1ABEE695-6C6D-4A91-BB5D-3BFA45F4F039.jpeg

Is it just me or do my forks look like they are bent backwards ?

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Think your right! Not so worried now your bike looks sick btw!! Need to get them crank arms but in red
Thanks mate , that would look so rad with red crank arms , would you put the same length on or go shorter, a friend of mine who has a levo went shorter but I swapped my praxis stock ones for the same length in hope , are you tubeless ? …. I had so many punctures with my stock butcher tyres so I went tubeless over a year and half ago and haven’t had one yet

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
Yeah i had two punctures in the first 4 days of owning the bike so I went tubeless on the 5th day I’d go a little shorter on the crank arms as some of the places I ride the crank arms keep catching the ground altho I’m not 100% sure if that’s just rider error yet

(what I could do with is some millionaire that is willing to buy all the bits I want ahaha)

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Yeah i had two punctures in the first 4 days of owning the bike so I went tubeless on the 5th day I’d go a little shorter on the crank arms as some of the places I ride the crank arms keep catching the ground altho I’m not 100% sure if that’s just rider error yet

(what I could do with is some millionaire that is willing to buy all the bits I want ahaha)
Where you ride I think that’s a good idea, I’m always catching mine if I’m honest , it’s very rocky where you are , have those butchers performed well over them ? …. Hahaha tell me about it , we all could do with having a millionaire partner I’d just made do with miss pay pal credit , she don’t say much but I’m very fond of her lol ?

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
Where you ride I think that’s a good idea, I’m always catching mine if I’m honest , it’s very rocky where you are , have those butchers performed well over them ? …. Hahaha tell me about it , we all could do with having a millionaire partner I’d just made do with miss pay pal credit , she don’t say much but I’m very fond of her lol ?
It’s only rocky down the beaches etc… there are a few mud/rock trails but that’s no problem the butchers are a little worn now need to get new tyres but I want to get a 27.5” rear wheel first if I can afford one then il get the new boots if I can find the ones I want in a 29” panaracer fire XC 2.1 or 2.4 don’t think they make them for a 29” wheel tho

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
It’s only rocky down the beaches etc… there are a few mud/rock trails but that’s no problem the butchers are a little worn now need to get new tyres but I want to get a 27.5” rear wheel first if I can afford one then il get the new boots if I can find the ones I want in a 29” panaracer fire XC 2.1 or 2.4 don’t think they make them for a 29” wheel tho
This is the best place to find out about that …. I’m thinking of trying the vittoria Marcello tyre front and back , they say they offer all year round grip and good rolling to save your battery , but I know there is no perfect tyre , you can’t have max grip with zero drain on your battery and vice versa …… talking of wheels I buckled my front roval after 3 months , so wanted something similar in colour and stronger so I went for the hope fortus 30 , then I got ocd about it and swapped out the rear roval for a hope one so they matched ?

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
This is the best place to find out about that …. I’m thinking of trying the vittoria Marcello tyre front and back , they say they offer all year round grip and good rolling to save your battery , but I know there is no perfect tyre , you can’t have max grip with zero drain on your battery and vice versa …… talking of wheels I buckled my front roval after 3 months , so wanted something similar in colour and stronger so I went for the hope fortus 30 , then I got ocd about it and swapped out the rear roval for a hope one so they matched ?
Good point, how much did your wheels set you back as I like the look of them

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
Are they 27.5” wheels then ? I found them for £159.99 front

and rear £274.99

Have a look can you make sure they are the right ones for me mate cheers

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Are they 27.5” wheels then ? I found them for £159.99 front

and rear £274.99

Have a look can you make sure they are the right ones for me mate cheers
That’s them mate , good work finding those , the pro 4 hubs are sick they sound superb , they come in red too , I found a company in Sweden , Slick graphics … I customised some rim decals …. Just make sure you match your bike to the correct hub body , it’s all to do with the cassette you have , just call and tell them what you want … hope that makes sense

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
That’s them mate , good work finding those , the pro 4 hubs are sick they sound superb , they come in red too , I found a company in Sweden , Slick graphics … I customised some rim decals …. Just make sure you match your bike to the correct hub body , it’s all to do with the cassette you have , just call and tell them what you want … hope that makes sense
Also as your changing the wheel size I think you’ll need to check the rear and change the flip chip on the rear triangle , I might be wrong so ring Specialized and tell them what your doing and they will advise , I’m pretty sure you can’t just change wheel size but it’s worth a phone call to double check before you do anything

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
So my bike has now done 1362 miles and I have booked it in for its first service with the Local specialized bike dealer

my chain was changed at 400 miles and iv done my best to look after the wearable parts since owning the bike

but after I have had a good look and inspection today I’m gunna have to buy a new rear cassette and a new chain and chain ring so I’m going to get the following upgrades as I call them

All in red and a new chain and when I manage to get some more cash I wanna get some shorter hope crank arms in red along with hope tech evo 4 brake front and rear with the red bits on them ;)

id actually start a go fund me but I doubt anyone would help me lol

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
So my bike has now done 1362 miles and I have booked it in for its first service with the Local specialized bike dealer

my chain was changed at 400 miles and iv done my best to look after the wearable parts since owning the bike

but after I have had a good look and inspection today I’m gunna have to buy a new rear cassette and a new chain and chain ring so I’m going to get the following upgrades as I call them

All in red and a new chain and when I manage to get some more cash I wanna get some shorter hope crank arms in red along with hope tech evo 4 brake front and rear with the red bits on them ;)

id actually start a go fund me but I doubt anyone would help me lol
Good luck with that mate , …I had a hope chain ring exactly like the one your getting , it wore pretty quick , I’d go for the ebike specific chain ring if I were you , burgtech or praxis steel chain ring is what I’d go for

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
So took my bike for its first specialized service today since owning the bike which had 1436 miles on the clock
After all them miles she needed

E bike service £50

1. new front pads £21.99
2. New steel chain ring £20
3. New m7100 chain £34.99
4. New SLX m7100 12speed 10-51 cassette £104.99

And I got all the old bits back as spares as they have a little life left in them
6317D5F6-445A-45C0-BDA5-ACDE4029CB51.jpeg
73BC839B-E9AE-4F7B-A52C-49F134478A60.jpeg
D1CB0337-5B15-482B-BEAC-C363DBAF574D.jpeg

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
So took my bike for its first specialized service today since owning the bike which had 1436 miles on the clock
After all them miles she needed

E bike service £50

1. new front pads £21.99
2. New steel chain ring £20
3. New m7100 chain £34.99
4. New SLX m7100 12speed 10-51 cassette £104.99

And I got all the old bits back as spares as they have a little life left in them
View attachment 72938 View attachment 72939 View attachment 72940
Looks superb , that’s an awesome bike , I really like that model , you made the right choice on steel chain ring , it will get you more miles out of it ….. I just swapped out my chain and am going to try some ebike specific brake pads , my cassette is ok ….. are you still looking to change your wheels at some point ?

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
Looks superb , that’s an awesome bike , I really like that model , you made the right choice on steel chain ring , it will get you more miles out of it ….. I just swapped out my chain and am going to try some ebike specific brake pads , my cassette is ok ….. are you still looking to change your wheels at some point ?
Cheers mate, yeah I actually thought about what you said so. I went for a steel one and Yeah I’m still looking to change my wheels at some point but I’m skint for a few months now as am moving to North Yorkshire soon but yes I’m still looking into it

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Cheers mate, yeah I actually thought about what you said so. I went for a steel one and Yeah I’m still looking to change my wheels at some point but I’m skint for a few months now as am moving to North Yorkshire soon but yes I’m still looking into it
29B2498E-D3E2-4653-9AF7-5E67DA145A67.jpeg
Cool , after that a full face helmet looks good too , it’s handy as the forestry rangers hate ebikers where I ride hahahaha ?

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
Went for a cracking ride at grizdale Forrest on Thursday didn’t realise how well my bike beasts the trials first time using it for what it’s built for !!
8A72CB7C-6238-49EE-B0A9-CEA02FE54439.jpeg

Enjoying myself lol
ADA29CFD-8E92-4308-933F-0BA4C1A4AFD7.png

the ride it’s self wasn’t to long but had some technical bits to it and a lot of stuff that’s new to me

60DCB2BC-71E4-4F39-A7BD-A6BDB4AA430F.jpeg

And me bike back at home

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
That’s always a good result getting back in good order 👍…… looks a great ride …. It’s also cool you got a mate with an ebike ….. I was lucky within a month all my friends got ebikes aswell as my cousin who said that I’d gone over to the dark side , then about 3months later he got one 😂….. I went out today and it was my first wet ride , my bike was caked !!!!

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
So iv got a question is the spacer on the rear drive side on the axle supposed to pull off along with the cassette? As iv just had my back wheel off to clean the cassette and gave it a gentle check to see if there was any play in the free hub and then my cassette with the axle spacer (thing with two flat edges ) came off exposing the internals of the free hub is the free hub along with the spacer and free hub bearings a push fit? Seems odd to me that’s all

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
So iv got a question is the spacer on the rear drive side on the axle supposed to pull off along with the cassette? As iv just had my back wheel off to clean the cassette and gave it a gentle check to see if there was any play in the free hub and then my cassette with the axle spacer (thing with two flat edges ) came off exposing the internals of the free hub is the free hub along with the spacer and free hub bearings a push fit? Seems odd to me that’s all
Yes mate it does come off , mine did when I re greased and cleaned my free hub body pawls ( the things that make it noisey when rolling ) , just put it back clean with even pressure aswell as your spacer for your cassette ,

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
So just been for a ride to the local shops etcc

while Im Riding my bike is making a horrible screeching noise coming from around my bottom bracket i have took my crank arms off and greased the splines on my BB to no success if I ride with my assist off completely it no longer makes this screeching noise could this be signs of my belt failing?

i have done 1667 miles on it and it’s just had a new cassette,chain,chain ring fitted by my local bike shop I have also gone over my bike and checked that things tight any ideas?

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
So just been for a ride to the local shops etcc

while Im Riding my bike is making a horrible screeching noise coming from around my bottom bracket i have took my crank arms off and greased the splines on my BB to no success if I ride with my assist off completely it no longer makes this screeching noise could this be signs of my belt failing?

i have done 1667 miles on it and it’s just had a new cassette,chain,chain ring fitted by my local bike shop I have also gone over my bike and checked that things tight any ideas?
Ok so does it ride ok ? , my motor whines sometimes in cold weather but not screech…. My motor failed once and I got it swapped out under warranty, it was fucked and wouldn’t roll backwards weirdly, are you sure it’s coming from the motor area

micromental

Aug 31, 2021
Barrow in furness
Pritty sure it’s coming from the motor area it rides fine but every now and then it screeches I ride in turbo due to my fitness but wouldn’t think that would be the problem really wish I could open the motor myself but I don’t want to void warranty in any way shape or form

Legendary-dave

Aug 6, 2019
UK
Pritty sure it’s coming from the motor area it rides fine but every now and then it screeches I ride in turbo due to my fitness but wouldn’t think that would be the problem really wish I could open the motor myself but I don’t want to void warranty in any way shape or form
If it was your belt drive going it would be constant and then the motor would fail , I’m no expert on this but do not take out motor as it would be pointless as it’s sealed , the only thing you’d be able to get at would be the tcu cable and battery lead and speed sensor cable , what I would do is ride it and video you peddling and hopefully the noise or screech will be able to be heard on camera ….. then contact Berkshire cycles and explain to them everything and send the footage , he will say the motor is fucked and swap it out for a new one if it is your motor that’s fucked , my motor failed in April 2021 on Tuesday , Thursday I went to Berkshire cycles after a phone and 45 mins later I had a brand new motor , it was a long drive but worth it as waiting for a new motor to delivered to your local Specialized dealer could take weeks ….. also go on you tube and search levo motor fails and see if you’ve got similar issues to compare ….. do you use the specialized app “ mission control “ ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles