Newbie from Poole, Dorset

Jetpilot

Jan 9, 2020
Dorset
HI all, just a quick Hi from Poole. After a disappointing experience with a new Haibike (flyon motor) which is another story entirely, ive managed to return the bike and get a Levo Comp, looking forward to my first trip out at the weekend!

Mikedodds

Jun 14, 2019
Wales
As one who is still waiting for his Flyon perhaps you could elaborate on your issues for me. I am wavering as to whether to cancel or not and your views can only help me.

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
Welcome & thanks for joining us

You traded out of the Haibike for the Specialized?

From my chair the LEVO motor has more than its share of issues? Am i wrong?

Joe :coffee:

Jetpilot

Jan 9, 2020
Dorset
Ok, so regarding the Flyon, i have had a Bosch Cx motor'd Haibike FatSix for 3 years, without issues, so expectations were high with the new Flyon, i did a familiar ride out Sunday where i would have returned home with the old Bosch CX which is delimited with plenty of battery to spare, on 4" tyres with 12 psi, i ran out of battery on the Flyon before home after having been very conservative on the assist modes, 20 ish miles. The steering lock tab hasnt been supplied by Haibike (not the dealer), the bars spun and chipped the frame, the bike also arrived from the dealer and i couldnt get it to turn on, despite leaving pdi'd and working, it needed a new wiring harness. The dealer who i have to admit has been nothing but helpful exchanged the bike without argument, they are aware of the issues, i wont name them at this point as it sounds like things are going to get messy! I also know of another Flyon bike returned through a friend of a friend after battery/range issues during my wait for the bike to be returned working.

I dont doubt there are issues surrounding anything mechanical and i am sure there are reported faults with all ebike motors, so lets see how the Levo turns out!

Mikedodds

Jun 14, 2019
Wales
Thanks for your time in writing that. To be honest I am struggling to find many positives on the Flyon - although some extol the virtues of its power - and so I am thinking hard as to what to do now.

Jetpilot

Jan 9, 2020
Dorset
I know this may sound odd, but personally dont take a random guys word for it from the interweb, but, i would go in with the caveat that you either a) get an extended test ride ride on one before you commit or b) you have it on authority from your dealer that you are aware of range issues and should be not be satisfied with what they tell you you can expect (get it in writing) you can return without prejudice!

I think these delayed delivery times now add up to a lot more than meeting demand!

Jetpilot

Jan 9, 2020
Dorset
Just a brief update after my first ride out with the Levo, after doing a very similar ride to last week with the Haibike, a little longer in fact, i returned with 50% battery left without putting in the effort of last week to get the Flyon round.

Please proceed with caution if you are looking at the Flyons!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles