Newbie from Colorado

Kellermanns

Jun 18, 2020
Erie, CO
Hello Everybody

I hope you are doing well and staying safe these days. While I don't (yet) have a bike, this forum has been a great resource for research and what bike would suit me well.

I'm no stranger to biking, having grown up in Germany in a family that had a bike store - today you would say boutique, but then it was standard to sell Gazelle or Batavus bikes or if someone wanted a Mountainbike, it was a Kettler or maybe a Giant. We even had a "house brand" - "Burg Uda" (which was a castle in my home town. So bikes have been around me for most of my life and these days I'm riding a TT bike (mostly), a road bike and I do have a cyclocross bike, too.

With that said - I'm looking at s 2020 Specialized Turbo Levo Expert Carbon, which I think will be a great way to get me off the road and into the trails.

Thanks again for the add and stay safe

Dave

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
Welcome! You are super close to me, and some fun trails in Golden Gate Canyon State Park. Hit me up if you want to go riding sometime once you get your bike, I'm on a 2020 Levo Comp.

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
Agreed, as a naturally aspirated Internal Carbohydrate Engine person, I find it hard to get around here without a battery pack.
Wait, if I sleep with a CPAP machine can I still claim to be naturally aspirated?

Dirt_Ebike

Dec 2, 2019
Fort Collins Colorado
Just want to add my name to the hat here as well. Welcome! I had my first eMtb Experience in Germany three years ago! Loved it there. I’m in South Fort Collins. Riding a meta power 29. Find me on Instagram under the same name

Kellermanns

Jun 18, 2020
Erie, CO
Well, yesterday the Newbie from Colorado bought a Levo ...

F3024007-320A-48CA-B765-FAF1B90D5160.jpeg

744CB3E6-1FE4-448C-80B2-DE7F67942C70.jpeg

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
Crested Butte eMTB newbie here. After 34 years paying my dues on steep hills at altitude I picked up a 2020 Levo Comp just before the lockdown. It had gotten to the point where I wasn't even enjoying the downhills as much as I should since I knew that meant climbing back up. It wouldn't be so bad if I lived in a lower or flatter location, but our house is 9600' and most of my rides are well above that. The combination of aging legs, steep climbs, and elevation were adding up. With my new ride, you seriously can't wipe this stupid grin off my face. It will easily add a decade or more to my riding.

IMG_5196.jpg

IMG_6042.jpeg

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
I need to make it up that way sometime soon. I hear there are just a ton of trails near Crested Butte.
Ping me if you do come some time. I'd be happy to show you around or at least give you some pointers on the best rides. In addition to stuff at my end of the valley, there are a ton of trails down in Gunnison at Hartman Rocks (lower, hotter, drier).

IMG_3320.jpeg

Kellermanns

Jun 18, 2020
Erie, CO
Ping me if you do come some time. I'd be happy to show you around or at least give you some pointers on the best rides. In addition to stuff at my end of the valley, there are a ton of trails down in Gunnison at Hartman Rocks (lower, hotter, drier).

View attachment 34350

Still starting out, so minimal MTB specific skills, but that looks amazing ... right now planning a weekend in Moab, UT in September to get some “easy” riding in (and to get out of the house ;-).

Jun 23, 2020
Colorado Springs
I’m in CO Springs. Riding a German brand, 2020 Bulls Evo AM 3. Rocking the same Brose S-Mag motor with a similarly large 750 amp hr battery. I’m excited to see the NPS, BLM, and Wildlife&Game bureau are all working towards integrating Class 1 e-bikes into everywhere MTBs are allowed (such as multi-use trails); that should open up A LOT of options. To be honest the Brose motor is so whisper quiet that I do ride a multi-use park near my house as I rehab a knee; I’m not sure anyone has even noticed I was on an EMTB. With all the long climbs in this area, this bike really opens up a lot of riding for me. I ride longer and my whole body feels worked before my legs feel blown out. Even after several climbs I have energy stowed to go straight into the downhills. For me the EMTB is an amazing combination. It’s the fun I miss going uphill from moto riding and the extra exercise I get on a bike.

9DA63712-C928-4FC8-A2FC-0807D70787F5.jpeg

Kellermanns

Jun 18, 2020
Erie, CO
Yes, hoping Boulder County does the same. There are a few trails open to eBikes, but I feel there should be more (of course - I'm a little biased) .

That said - I agree with you - the Brose is quiet and if you are not an idiot, you can ride it without raising any heads.

Nice bike by the way ;-)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles