• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Newbie - a professional tuning kits for ebike seller - Matt

May 26, 2020
UK
Hello! My name is Matt and I'm an avid e-biker myself! Own a Haibike Xduro Allmtn 7.0 and besides building custom bikes at Two Wheels Empire I'm a tuning kits for ebike seller on Ebay, Amazon and our eshop www.ebikechip.com . I'm not here to spam or anything, just want to offer my advice to anyone who is interested in de-restricting their ebike, or have any questions about it.

I first got to sales of emtb tunings kits when I first bought my Haibike Xduro back in 2018 and felt the 15mph limit was a pain in the butt. So found this solution from Speedbox and was amazed how it made my bike fly! Decided it was good product to sell and got into it.

Some people have controversial views about it - is it safe, is it not, how it affects the bike, or the overal legality of it - my though is everybody should think for themselves and if you think it's safe to ride faster speeds - go for it. I'm not for or against, just sharing my own opinion and facilitating the dialogue.

Anyways, besides ebikes I'm a custom bike builder and eshop owner at Twowheelsempire.com .
Here are some pics of mine below!

Also, I run a Youtube channel, did one episode about speedbox tuning kits:

Cheers, will come and check the forum for some cool rides and threads. I'm based in between UK and Lithuania! Follow me on instagram @two.wheels.empire

P.S. if you guys have any questions about de-restricting your ebikes i'm here to help!

Matt

IMG_5045 2.JPG

IMG_0513 2.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

56584225_2298018640257955_497834504002469888_o.jpg

2019_08_02_13_00_51_665.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles