New Stilus owner….tyre recommendations and paint film

Stvybis

Jun 30, 2022
Bromley
Hi all

My Stilus was delivered a couple of weeks ago and 150 miles or so in and I’m blown away by the bike. In the end I’m rather glad I got messed about ordering a Cube as an XL Stilus showed up as in stock the same day.

I’d really appreciate recommendations on tyres please as the stock choice seem to be poor in all conditions. I ride manly bridleways and forest trails with lanes in between and the odd trip to Bedgebury. Nothing technical. Ideally something that will shed mud as often ride in glue like stuff but happy to buy a winter set too.

I’d also like to protect the paint with film, but having wrapped my Whyte T130 with 3M Helicopter tape it was a total faff. Has anybody wrapped their bike with something a little easier to apply?

Many thanks, Steve

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
Trails should be nice & dry currently like Bedgebury. My local woods Covert are dry. Invisiframe is good protection to fit to the frame not cheap though

Stvybis

Jun 30, 2022
Bromley
Thanks - most of where I’m riding now is dry, but my usual local rides November through March cross fields that mean I wind up with fat bike tyres within 50m. Don’t mind buying two sets of tyres, but ideally one for all seasons would be good. The stock tyres on chalky bridleways, roots and even greasy tarmac inspire no confidence.

Invisiframe don’t have an option for a Stilus - same with Ridewrap. Happy to cut my own film, the helicopter tape just isn’t much fun to work with.

Appreciate the suggestions though.

stonedwolf

Mar 13, 2022
Glasgow
I have a Stilus v2... after recommendations here I moved from Smart Sam (the v2 defacto tyres, Shwable themselves say SS are good on hardpack and mix, but not soft, so okay fair enough) to Eddy Current and it is a joy, have started my first true "shredding" on my muddy Scottish blue and red trails.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles