Mission Control New Specialized app?

Armor11

Dec 26, 2022
BC, Canada
Loaded the new app today. Signed into my account and I see all my ride history but it won't let me "Add Bike", any ideas? I turned my BT off/on, turned bike off/on, restarted the app, it won't find my bike!

sometimesjoe

Mar 17, 2021
SF Bay Area, Ca
Changed to a new phone and the bike(s) are never found with the app. 1.6.0 released today. Old TCU and new TCU aren’t seen by the app. Old app sees the bike then disconnects.
Funny thing is when trying to pair, the app picks up my buddy’s Levo and puts his bike in pairing mode but not my bike.
Support says take it to a shop.

Oakhills

Jul 27, 2022
Oakland, California
They really need to Integrate the HR data into the new app. until then, I’ll use the old Mission Control or have to use the old Garmin Edge on the bars again. The cockpit is much cleaner without a computer on it, when the built in Mastermind can do everything I want…. Except the HR data with the new app….. grrrrrrr.

Anyone find a solution to the missing HR data yet?

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
Yup, one of the reasons I still stick to the old App. I'll wait till the new App is capable of everything I need an switch then. I tried it and didn't like it. So probably I'm going to use Mission Control until they turn it off.

Jul 18, 2019
Cape Town
I started out using MC and I like the presets. But the new app doesn't import my presets from MC and I can't figure out how to setup new presets in the new app........there only seem to be three choices, and I can alter them but can't rename them, etc. Probably doing something wrong! Any help would be great.
Same problem. Also have setup a number of presets but the new black app does not have this feature and the mission control app is now end of life. Really poor of Specialized to release a new app without all the features...

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Same problem. Also have setup a number of presets but the new black app does not have this feature and the mission control app is now end of life. Really poor of Specialized to release a new app without all the features...
You should have seen it when it first was released full of bugs and hardly any settings to change and information to read but it is slowly getting better and I agree it was released to early but they ask for feedback all the time and most requests have been implemented. Many miss the preset bank and I'm sure many also have told Specialized they miss it so give them a feedback and when they get enough of them I'm sure it will be done.

DaveG01

Mar 27, 2023
Shills
Can't even get mine to connect now 🤘🏻

Screenshot_20240217-100049.png IMG_20240217_100118722_HDR.jpg Screenshot_20240217-100224.png

JhnRX7

Sep 14, 2020
USA
How do you check for and if required install firmware upgrades on this new app?
Bumping this back up to the top.

I don't connect my bike to the phone very often. Just installed this new app as it seems MC now forces you to and no longer works. Its been a while since I have done a firmware update (pre 80% charge limit option). This new app does not even tell me what firmware my bike is currently running.

Are we no longer able to do our own firmware updates?

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Are we no longer able to do our own firmware updates?
I live in Japan, and I cannot do my own firmware updates. And because I have a Levo, even the Specialized store near me cannot update the firmware. The owner of the shop I bought it from in Taiwan told me it doesn't really matter to update the firmare.

brizi2003

Nov 20, 2018
Whickham, Newcastle upon Tyne
Has anyone used the new Specialized App on the Gen1 Kenevo? I have experienced a number of issues including: difficulty connecting to the bike each time, problems using the Tune page to alter the mode settings. It works fine on my Gen 1 Creo apart from also being difficult to connect each time. Still seems quite flakey compared to Mission Control which sadly can't be used anymore.

Apr 11, 2023
Japan
Has anyone used the new Specialized App on the Gen1 Kenevo? I have experienced a number of issues including: difficulty connecting to the bike each time, problems using the Tune page to alter the mode settings. It works fine on my Gen 1 Creo apart from also being difficult to connect each time. Still seems quite flakey compared to Mission Control which sadly can't be used anymore.
I connected my Levo Gen 3, and there did not seem to be a problem. I didn't go for a ride, I just tested it last week after downloading the new app. But, I'm nervous about it. Because when I read the comments on the Google Play app page, a lot of people were not happy with the new app and are reporting problems with it, like yourself. Apps are always updating, so maybe you will have a better experience with it once they start working out the bugs.

GeordieKenevo

May 12, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I only ever use Blevo on my Gen 1 Kenevo as you can 'tweak' the speed limit via that and all the other power settings 👍

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
App can’t even find my Levo. Not useful.
I've had the same issue with my 2020 levo. I deleted the older mission control, installed the new app. As soon as you load the new app it asks you to add a bike. My levo is turned on and the app searches but cannot find my bike. tried this multiple times and always the same result.

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
I connected my Levo Gen 3, and there did not seem to be a problem. I didn't go for a ride, I just tested it last week after downloading the new app. But, I'm nervous about it. Because when I read the comments on the Google Play app page, a lot of people were not happy with the new app and are reporting problems with it, like yourself. Apps are always updating, so maybe you will have a better experience with it once they start working out the bugs.
No need to be nervous, as of now, the new app works great and has all but one features of the old one. At least for my taste. Only thing missing is this mode (which name I don't remember) where you could set a min. and max. heart rate and the bike would automatically alter the assistance to keep you in your HR window. This was a great training feature but I'm pretty sure it will come again as the new app develops.

DaveG01

Mar 27, 2023
Shills
No need to be nervous, as of now, the new app works great and has all but one features of the old one. At least for my taste. Only thing missing is this mode (which name I don't remember) where you could set a min. and max. heart rate and the bike would automatically alter the assistance to keep you in your HR window. This was a great training feature but I'm pretty sure it will come again as the new app develops.
I've just been playing with that. It sees my HRM and that's it. Great. 👎🏻

rikidc

Jun 5, 2023
Spain
can you save settings and create different profiles? = NO

Can you see detailed data as motor temperature ? = NO

New app looks more modern but it is only for very basic users, Specialized HAS DOWNGRADED functionality

smc_stefan

Oct 10, 2022
Austria
can you save settings and create different profiles? = NO

Can you see detailed data as motor temperature ? = NO

New app looks more modern but it is only for very basic users, Specialized HAS DOWNGRADED functionality
For me it's ok, don't need those features.

DaveG01

Mar 27, 2023
Shills
I bought my bike just over a year ago (KSL) and also have two range extenders. In the settings you used to be rinse an extender first, replace with a water bottle if you wanted and then burn the main battery

That option went soon after buying the extenders with app updates 😠

DaveG01

Mar 27, 2023
Shills
I wouldn't buy another Spesh

Mine fell apart due to very little PDI checks, 38 forks were full of grease and didn't work, rear shock was warranted as many were. Wheels were rubbish, ended up buying new ones.
The shop I bought it from has been lousy and has tried to scam he into buying things that weren't needed, chain/cassette etc oh and wheels after very few miles.
And now the app doesn't do what it did (first world problems)
And spesh UK don't take calls anymore, so very little support other than taking it to other dealers, which is a PITA

nB2000

Jul 23, 2020
South coast UK
I wouldn't buy another Spesh

Mine fell apart due to very little PDI checks, 38 forks were full of grease and didn't work, rear shock was warranted as many were. Wheels were rubbish, ended up buying new ones.
The shop I bought it from has been lousy and has tried to scam he into buying things that weren't needed, chain/cassette etc oh and wheels after very few miles.
And now the app doesn't do what it did (first world problems)
And spesh UK don't take calls anymore, so very little support other than taking it to other dealers, which is a PITA
Specialized what’s app rider care do respond but it’s not always helpful. I’ve been seeking preset saving and they just send me a manual link. Basically it’s not there. Yet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles