Mission Control New Specialized app?

Petrex

Jul 20, 2022
UK
Yes
(y)
Using Mission Control to switch 80% Charging On/Off, and new Specialized app to plot the rides.

Hopefully they integrate everything nicely ... eventually.

Janisj

Aug 27, 2022
Germany
Today had my home ride and gave a try to new App. The track recording works well, the stops and breaks are correctly recorded and record resumes including bike reconnect flawesly. Sadly the recorded data are for the bin. On the home track with 27km/900hm new app recorded 29km and 1260hm.... Even the bike mastermind showed correct values.
Specialized will need to invest some more efforts, till such critical bugs are out. Till then will stick to MC.

Janisj

Aug 27, 2022
Germany
Did the shortest coast to coast in UK today Ullapool to Ardgay then on to Clashmore toget bus . Be 50 miles in total last 2 miles no battery. Good weather and all on land rover tracks really. Couple bothies enroute if required. Pay back time now on the bus from hell Bonar Bridge to Elgin via every housing estate in the Highlands. Bus is free though , I missed the one train there is on a Sunday by 10 minutes.

View attachment 122961 View attachment 122962 View attachment 122963 View attachment 122964 View attachment 122965 View attachment 122966 View attachment 122967 View attachment 122968 View attachment 122969
Nice, and how that all is connected to the topic?

George_KSL

Sep 11, 2021
Slovak Republic
New to this. KSL here. Are not supposed to charge to 100%?
For long-term health (or longer term storage, like Winter non-riding) it is beneficial.
But it is really overstated how much. I only charge my KSL to 100perc. most of the time, and with closing on 3K km soon, the battery health is 100perc still and no perceivable loss in capacity.

I am pretty such with even the worst possible handling, the battery will effectively last decades to average biker. I would absolutely not sweat this.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
I have a fenix 5, how do you make it upload to MC?
It's a bit of a work around

But get a strava account if you haven't already. Link your fenix to strava then link mission control to strava.

Once your fenix syncs (uploads a ride) to strava it'll automatically upload your ride to mission control

Dmaguirenz

Nov 22, 2021
New zealand
I can't see to replicate the heart rate recording on the new app? Shows on the mastermind TCU but now the heart rate channel is no longer recordered. Has anyone got this to work on the new version?

Kimmoi

Jul 6, 2018
Finland
Got my new KSL today, what app is the one I should download?
The old one.

The new app may work about two years time. 😁

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
The old MC app is being phased out, the new one will be the only app here in the next few months. I hope they get the kinks worked out prior to disabling the old one.

brigcampbell

May 30, 2022
SoCal
The old MC app is being phased out, the new one will be the only app here in the next few months. I hope they get the kinks worked out prior to disabling the old one.
Typically, the way this works is the legacy app new features is frozen at some point and the app goes into "maintenance mode".

Mission Control will probably work forever on "legacy" bikes just won't have the latest and greatest. There's no reason to disable it and strand customers.

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
It's a bit of a work around

But get a strava account if you haven't already. Link your fenix to strava then link mission control to strava.

Once your fenix syncs (uploads a ride) to strava it'll automatically upload your ride to mission control
So this works but doesn't give me power, motor use, and cadence. And if I do the spesh app it doesn't give me heart rate. Boooo. So it's either use my phone battery with a heart rate sensor or use my watch and miss out on data.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
M
So this works but doesn't give me power, motor use, and cadence. And if I do the spesh app it doesn't give me heart rate. Boooo. So it's either use my phone battery with a heart rate sensor or use my watch and miss out on data.

Mine gives me cadence and power in the garmin app. Just doesn't give me average motor power or adjusted rider power.

Screenshot_20230901_081317_Connect.jpg

Ridescaper

Apr 2, 2023
Berlin - Milan
Make sure your levo is not connected to MC before trying the new app.

Connectivity is pretty reliable from what I can see.
I have the same issue with the Kenevo. The new app is not able to find it. I have even unregistered the bike once to do a clean start. Sticking still with the MC + Ride atm. 🤷‍♂️

Mtuhoop24

Aug 15, 2023
Illinois
I started out using MC and I like the presets. But the new app doesn't import my presets from MC and I can't figure out how to setup new presets in the new app........there only seem to be three choices, and I can alter them but can't rename them, etc. Probably doing something wrong! Any help would be great.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Went to use new app today which I have used since it came out . Telling me to add bike so I just used old one.

Janisj

Aug 27, 2022
Germany
Today had my home ride and gave a try to new App. The track recording works well, the stops and breaks are correctly recorded and record resumes including bike reconnect flawesly. Sadly the recorded data are for the bin. On the home track with 27km/900hm new app recorded 29km and 1260hm.... Even the bike mastermind showed correct values.
Specialized will need to invest some more efforts, till such critical bugs are out. Till then will stick to MC.
Probably found the issue of elevated HM in the new APP. The GPS recording seems to be unfiltered, and every height jump is counted.: MC app vs NEW App: The first part of the route is identical.
1694160783661.png
1694160802367.png

tabbibus

May 5, 2023
Atlanta, USA
I'm very confused. The ride time and ride distance do not seem to reset between rides. It just keeps adding. Also, is there no way to set up heart rate with the Specialized app? I paired with MC app and the HR showed up on the TCU. But I recorded my ride with the specialized app and HR wasn't recorded.

Ugh. First world problems

capposteve

Subscriber
Aug 29, 2023
Cornwall
one thing i really wish they would add is the ability to adjust your shuttle level for different presets instead of it being a global preset.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles