New RideControl App

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
Just installed it, and it needed to apply an update to the bike.

one slight bug I've noticed is that if you change measurements under personal details to imperial, the units change from Km to Miles but the value stays the same (In the total miles value, I've not tested live speed/mileage values yet)

Simon3

Sep 25, 2020
Wales
Just installed it, and it needed to apply an update to the bike.

one slight bug I've noticed is that if you change measurements under personal details to imperial, the units change from Km to Miles but the value stays the same (In the total miles value, I've not tested live speed/mileage values yet)
........did it update your bike correctly, thats the important thing ! ?

Carol2208

Sep 8, 2020
Spain
Can´t seem to find it.... maybe it´s only available for Android users? Hopefully will be available soon for iOS in Spain!

DaveMatthews

Aug 12, 2018
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Found it on the Play store. Took a long time to download for some reason.
Had to sign up again as the old account doesn't work.
Connected to my 2019 Fathom E+2 and upgraded successfully in about 2 or 3 minutes.
Nice looking app. Will try a ride later.

Simon3

Sep 25, 2020
Wales
Found it on the Play store. Took a long time to download for some reason.
Had to sign up again as the old account doesn't work.
Connected to my 2019 Fathom E+2 and upgraded successfully in about 2 or 3 minutes.
Nice looking app. Will try a ride later.
........ did it do the software update automatically or did you find and a manual button to update software please ?

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
........ did it do the software update automatically or did you find and a manual button to update software please ?

for me, the app wouldnt connect to the bike unless you install the update.

You must manually start the update.

andyb2

Jan 10, 2020
somerset
...thanks for that, so your software is now the latest 20200304000 ?
the software version on mine is 20200106000

I just tried connecting again to check the version, and again said there was an update available. I clicked update, but it failed saying the battery wasnt connected.

I had to restart the app and the bike, and it let me connect without mentioning an update.

Looks like it's still a bit flakey!

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.

I have an Android phone and cannot find it on the Play Store App. Whatever I type into the search box it just brings up the old app. It also shows all the other various Giant apps, but not the new one.

But if I open an internet app on my phone and go to this website page and click on the link above it instantly opens the Play Store App and opens on the new app!

When you install the new app does it update the old one, or does it install the new one as a completely separate app (is the old app still on your phone)?

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
I have an Android phone and cannot find it on the Play Store App. Whatever I type into the search box it just brings up the old app. It also shows all the other various Giant apps, but not the new one.

But if I open an internet app on my phone and go to this website page and click on the link above it instantly opens the Play Store App and opens on the new app!

When you install the new app does it update the old one, or does it install the new one as a completely separate app (is the old app still on your phone)?

When you are on Google Play and looking at the OLD app page, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and look for the new dark blue Giant icon with the text 'RideControl App', click that and it should open the new app for you.

Simon3

Sep 25, 2020
Wales
the software version on mine is 20200106000

I just tried connecting again to check the version, and again said there was an update available. I clicked update, but it failed saying the battery wasnt connected.

I had to restart the app and the bike, and it let me connect without mentioning an update.

Looks like it's still a bit flakey!
....mine hasn't done any update, but I'm guessing our bikes are different, I've got the 2019 Fathom e + 3..... so I suppose it would have different software ?

Last edited:

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
We just got a new Liv Tempt E+1 XS. In Xxxtra Small it's is a versatile commuter that anyone can ride. Electric-metallic midnight blue and 3d embossed LiV decal, it's a quality, big bang for buck all mountain commuter for ladies, men, kids, pets etc. To me, it's the first electro BMX in the garage.

What a great bike.

The app? Fortunately I no longer find any app necessary on any bike but wtf Giant ?? There's no point putting walls around your garden if you don't know how to do the gardening. Kind of like Specialized, open up your environment & invite creativity & innovation.

One massive way to improve on Specialized's approach, reject surveillance capitalism or whatever you want to call it, ditch big data income streams, respect privacy and everyone benefits. BTW I don't think bike companies are necessarily the culprit, just a link in the chain.

'Too much info' is a phrase I love. That sums it up.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
When you are on Google Play and looking at the OLD app page, scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and look for the new dark blue Giant icon with the text 'RideControl App', click that and it should open the new app for you.

Thanks. That works, but it is very strange that it still does not appear anywhere if you search for Giant apps.

Cavi

Jun 15, 2020
California, usa
installed the app, and it did do the bike update. Now to see if when we ride 1 mile will it show we rode one mile or 10?? Will it map correctly??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles