New Member: North Vancouver, Canada: Cube Reaction Hybrid EXC E750 Hardtail

slenemtbforums

Jun 20, 2022
North Vancouver
Hey All,

Looking so forward to the new bike and getting back into mountain biking. This E-bike revolution has changed things significantly for me and allowed a 50+ year old, over weight guy to get back into something that has been missing since my 20s. I have a young son that is just getting into mountain biking as well and this allows us to ride together wherever on the North Shore mountains we want that matches out abilities with loads of room to expand on them.

I took a mountain bike course last fall and have been renting E-MTB bikes over the past year to get myself back into this world with the correct skills, mindset and understanding of trail etiquette.

I had originally decided on a Rocky Mountain Growler Powerplay, but instead after some research decide on the new Cube Reaction Hybrid EXC E750 hardtail. I decided to go hardtail as I was told and believe that it is a better platform to learn your skills on and then move to fully suspended if the terrain progression requires it. I also went with the hardtail as it will also act as a commuter bike. So a rear pannier and lights will be added.

I have been watching YouTube videos on how to build a bike out of a box (its being shipped from Edmonton, AB), things to check on a new bike before your first ride and first upgrades I might go for. All super useful info. I joined here to increase my access to a more concise knowledge base that I can leverage for specific questions and to help out once I get a feel for the new bike.

I plan to do a full review of the bike once I have it built out to my spec. Looking forward to all of this.

Cheers

Cube-Bike.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles